1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Short meditaion with lifeflow

Discussion in 'Having Problems?' started by uegi, Oct 14, 2008.

1. uegi

uegi Member

Hi,
    I would like to use Lifeflow for short meditations as well. Technically it is no problem to cut the sound at 12 minutes. As it takes 8 to get into the appropriate state, I thought 12 minutes would be the minimum.

Are there any reasons, that this should not be done? This would give me a 12 minutes session, without having to set an alarm, as the music will fade out at 12 minutes. This is usefull for a short meditation during the day.

Thanks,
    uegi

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Uegi and welcome to the community. Yes, try it by all means and let us know how you get along. I wish you peace and happiness :) :) :)

3. uegi

uegi Member

Hi, I have been working with the short meditations for some time now. I just got LF8, and am wondering if there are differences at the begining or at the end of the track.
    Ffor creating my short 15minutes version it could make a difference if I take the first or the last 15 minutes.
    Is LF8 at 8Hz for the whole 40 minutes? This is what I have understood from the research papers.

For me the "short Versions" work very well to relax. I need at least 9 hours sleep to recover, now with LF I am much more relaxed when I have only 7 hours a night.

This is great.

Uegi

4. Ras

Ras Member

from what i read one of the main differnces from lifeflow and other similar products is that lifeflow stays at the same hz in the entire track.
    So no...it would not make a differnce if you use the first 15 mins or the last 15

5. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Hi Uegi
    How do you shorten the soundtrack? I have the downloaded version and sometimes want to meditate longer but the track ends at 40 minutes. If I'm playing on my stereo I have to reach over and press replay. I can't burn the track twice because the CD hasn't quite enough space for 2xs but if I could shorten the second burn I could add 20 or 30 minutes.
    Thanks for any info you or anyone else could share
    Bhavya

6. uegi

uegi Member

Hi Bhavya,
    I use a program called audacity. Its free and lets you play/convert/mix sounds. I just opened the downloaded soundfile and cut of the part I want to use.

I use the last 15 minutes now, as they fade out. This could be done with audacity as well, but as the fading is there I use it.

Uegi