1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Sharing my experience....

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Lynchian, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Lynchian

Lynchian Member

Hi folks....

I recently restarted doing the 40-minute lifeflow after a month or so without doing it, and had an amazing experience that I wanted to share.... I had a deeper meditation than I have ever had before... It began with my eyes fluttering at an incredible rate, and then I could see light, sort of behind my eyes, and above me, and the light grew brighter, even though my eyes were closed it was as if someone shone a torch on me! It was the most relaxed I have ever felt, and the deepest I have ever meditated.... I am enjoying doing the lifeflow almost every day now, and feel a new and genuine positivity every day! I can't recommend it enough, and if you are like me and have initially struggled to meditate well and regularly, you must keep trying! Make it a part of your life, it is so very much worthwhile!

Just had to post this, as it has been such an important development for me! :)

2. Jeb

Jeb Member

Way cool, Lynchian! Such are the rare moments that make the hard work of meditation all worthwhile!

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

when reading it over again, it looks like some kind of " third eye " meditation you experienced.

Glad you enjoyed it !

4. P85

P85 Member

meditation experience

Hi there:) im new here.I was surfing on the internet for meditation experiences of other people and i stranded on this forum by accident and read you experience. It's exciting too see someone else that experienced the light phenomenon:).Im ''seeing'' this kind of light too when i meditate, sometimes stronger then the other time my eyes start to flikker at a fast rate(in my opinion that the soul partly seperating or coming forward),it's like someone turning on the lights from within the eyes,that's the best description i can give it.
    One time when i was meditating i saw the light very clearly,my eyes start to flikker at a fast rate but this time it felt like i wasn't sitting in the chair no more(i always meditate on a chair behind the desk),i felt full levitation of the body it was the most MINDBLOWING experience i have ever had!My hart was pounding like crazy!but i still felt seperated from the body.Words cannot discribe what u feel at that moment,this is the best description i can give it.If i can put it in 2 words: Mindblowing Bliss!It really was!When i came out of that state after a short while i saw the things around me very differently for a short while,i cannot put it in words sorry:confused:.
    I was up all night thinking about what i just had experienced,i was too excited too go sleep:)
    Ye i know it's qiut a story but i was just swept away by it,i just wanted to share my experience with you all.

Peace a Love
    P85

5. Jeb

Jeb Member

It seems to me that you have experienced momentary flashes of true enlightenment!

6. P85

P85 Member

meditation experience

I dont know what it was exactly but it felt like coming into another realm/conciousness level where there was such a bright light that became brighter an brighter (i know it's qiute a thing im saying here but that's how i experienced it) the experience itself didn't last for long maybe 1 or 2 min.
    I haven't shared this with anyone yet,because i wanted to share this with some open minded people that are into meditation too.

Peace and love
    P85

7. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Yup, that's definitely an open Third Eye you're experiencing. (The 6th chakra or energy center between your eyes.) Very nice! (Though don't get attached to the phenomena) :):):)

8. Lynchian

Lynchian Member

Hi P85.... thanks for sharing your own experience, I was very happy to hear you describe the same sort of meditation as me! It was quite an extraordinary feeling, that's for sure, and it has opened my eyes much further to the benefits and the power of meditation.

9. KB

KB Member

Wow

I think iI would have been thrilled and terrified at the same time:eek:

I even get starteld when I notice my self drifting off, quite deep.

What an amazing experience:cool:

10. AntonHansen

AntonHansen Member

Wauw it is so inspiring to read all of you posts :)
    I am so exited to try and get in a state of what you guys are describing here :)

Thanks so much for sharing this :)

Peace and Joy to all, thanks again :)

11. purplevibe

purplevibe Member

Hi, really interesting to read your post as I had a similar experience, I have been using Lifeflow for 2 months now. However, I experienced this meditating on my own and it started after only about 5 minutes. I was a bit stressed so I did my 'concentrate on the now' to myself and went into a deep meditative state where I could see patterns leading up to a light which seemed to be above my eyes, in the middle, fluttering of the eyelids is probably what was happening as I felt like I was seeing the light far ahead in the middle of my vision but I was kind of looking up as well as looking straight ahead in my mind's eye. I have done yoga and learned about the third eye, but I honestly didn't even think of this, probably because in the back of my mind I think how could that have happened to little me? It was a truly amazing experience and I recounted it to a fellow meditator (not Lifeflow but TM) and she said you really need to use that, you can obviously tune in really easily. And I left it at that. It's all down to Lifeflow, it has changed my life, and I have recently started doing yoga every day again, I have 2 DVDs that concentrate on opening up the chakras, (Vinyasa and Kundalini, if anyone is interested) so maybe that has influenced it too. Wow. Amazing, thank you for sharing, the meditation has stayed with me, don't know if it will ever happen again but I will always remember it, and just keep on 'going with the flow', I have been attracting a load of good stuff in my life in the last two months, things just keep on getting better with Lifeflow don't they? This forum is amazing and so are you all x Wow :)