1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Sexuality On The Spiritual Path

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by mikemeditate, Dec 9, 2011.

1. mikemeditate

mikemeditate Guest

So why couldn’t we use affirmations and meditations to also bring us to a new level and ease in our relationship to our sexuality and pleasure? Why couldn’t we have enlightened sex?

2. chris-da-fur

chris-da-fur Member

I think seeing who the "me" is, that has the relationship with pleasure and sex in the first place is the important thing to focus on, not wether or not the act of sex in and of itself is supposedly bad for enlightened people, which I have heard as well.

But in general sex is a very physical thing, as is physical pleasure, and supposedly the physical realm is a very limited one to hang around in. So yes, having "enlightened sex" is totally fine and do-able I'm sure, but I would venture to guess an enlightened person wouldn't be so keen on making it happen, because it just, is really limited and small, not important or relevant or in any way a focus or necessity in the place they are, you know? I duhno, just my limited take on it.

3. olmate

olmate Member

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "enlightened sex". If you mean being present while making love, yes.

Similarly, you can be "present" brushing your teeth, washing the dirty dishes, walking, making tea, eating, toileting, etc., etc.

"Enlighten" to me takes me to words like "awake", "present" and "aware" in terms of meaning.

Olmate