1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Sensations, Virbrations and body experiences

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by scotland01, Oct 12, 2009.

1. scotland01

scotland01 Member

Hi all,:)

This post is to talk about a meditation method to look into that is very worthwhile. Also to go into the many questions surrounding sensations on the body.

First off there is a Meditation course that is learnt by going to a retreat for a certain amount of time, usually 10 days called Vipassana.
    I'll only very quickly run by its points and if any one wants more information go to the web site, Vipassana Meditation Website.

Its a technique to eradicate suffering, its a art of living that allows people to make positive contributions to society and mainly its a method of mental purification which allows people to face all the tensions and problems of life in a calm balanced ways.:):D

I have only practiced for a day from being back and am going to use Lifeflow and Vipassana so when I notice anything or have progress will update.

Secondly for all the people who have sensations, vibrations, heat or tingles etc eg experiences when meditating the advice I have is not to get excited or down when they come. The thing to do is to be unjudging and aware of them.

The course goes into detail of how the method works and I do really really feel its best to learn it from the retreat so you benefit fully.

I could give some advice on it too more advanced Meditators but not sure how to protect a proactive learner? :confused:

2. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown Member

Sounds interesting, but also very tough! I have looked at the program, basically you start with meditation at 04:30 in the morning and you go all the way to bed time - I wonder how a "normal" student could do something like that!

Could you tell us something about your experience?