1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

self image slain (by the poker gods)

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by william.sharkey, Jun 26, 2013.

1. william.sharkey

william.sharkey Member

My life situation has had some big changes in the recent past, so I want to talk about self images and roles for a second.

I play a lot of poker. I had quite a lot of money very recently and the amount of money I made and lost in a day was mind boggling to even my poker playing friends, who are used to big swings. I found out now (since I have lost most of my money) that I could not help a strong self image of myself of being a high stakes gambler. My ego and this self image had been strenghtening for a long time. Now I have recently had to get staked. This means somebody else puts the money for me to play and I recieve a percentage of the profits. The people who are staking me were the ones whom I have staked in the past. SO we have a serious role reversal. Perhaps you could say, image reversal. And boy o boy is my ego resisting it!!!!

bad dreams, everything reminds me of the recent past, my 'glory' days. lol

though I have to say this is great patience practice.

ty poker gods

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

Thats life isnt it. Things come and go... the pro┬┤s would say, dont get attached to much to physical sensations. :)