1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Seeing things move...

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by WaterCageON, Jan 12, 2008.

1. WaterCageON

WaterCageON New Member

Hello guys!

I was wondering if any of you had the same experience I'm having and to make sure I'm doing okay hehe.

When I reach what I think is the relaxed stage, do things suddenly... zoom in close to you? It's weird....even though it can zoom, I feel that I can't see any closer like even though it got big, i couldn't see any close.. It's quite paradoxical yes... but really... that's what happening. It can zoom back and forth back and forth, but the image isn't more clear...

That's not all. I also want to ask about things moving. I have a desktop background of a tree. When I reach a relaxed state, opening my eyes, and looking at my laptop, the tree just... moves like... parts of the branch grow AND move... then when i blink or anything, it goes back to normal......
    This only happens when I am really relaxed. I sometimes sit on a chair, but most of the time, I rest on my bed, when I really feel happy feeling the bed sheet's soft soft feel... wow the softness overwhelmed me....

WOW is something seriously wrong with my eyes?

Thank you all.

2. DreadHead

DreadHead Member

nothing's wrong with your eyes, it's just a sign you're on the right track.. at least, that's how i've always interpreted it..

i don't see individual things growing or moving though (like just the branches of a tree) neither do i see it aging or something like that, those things happen, but wtih my whole vision at once, and they can get pretty extreme..
    it just seems like depth has increased, and it's all usually a little wavey, hard to explain but i think we're talking about a similar thing..

i think it's cause is that your mind needs to readjust to this world, because you've just pretty much broken the connection with it..

you can experience similar things when you wake up after a goo dnights sleep, but your body is still asleep.. so your consiousness begins to return and you just open your eyes.. at least, i see the same things.. though they can get far more extreme after a good session of meditating :)

3. lebourdonant

lebourdonant Member

Any past use of psychedelic substances you would like to share ? :rolleyes: