1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Sedona Method Users

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Bhavya, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

I've heard several of you mention The Sedona Method and I'm interested in knowing what benefits you've received from it. I think Edwin, you said you liked it better than EFT and CTutt, I think you also have used it. Have either of you actually bought it and worked through all the 20 CDs? Or taken the seminar? It looks interesting but seems like it would be an enormous investment in time!
    Thanks for any information you feel like sharing
    In Peace
    Bhavya
    [​IMG]

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

To be perfectly honest, I only used the free sample they offer on their website, and this was enough for me !
    I have allready achieved a lot with it.

Basically it tells you to focus on your problem.

You ask yourself: do I think I will be able to let this feeling go ? ( answer yes or no, doesn't matter )

Then you ask yourself: Am I willing to let it go ? ( again, yes or no are ok )

Finally ask yourself: When can I let this feeling go ?
    Here is the trick: ALWAYS answer this with NOW !!!

Repeat several times until the feeling is completely gone.

The EFT program is a lot more elaborate, you get a full personal course for free that is sufficient for home use. And you get a nice newsletter in the mail, with lots of tips and tricks.

I don't prefer one method over another, have had good results with both. The EFT is a bit more work with the tapping, so if you are lazy like me... ;)

3. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Thanks Edwin, that's a very clear and helpful summary of the Sedona Method. I've been using EFT - the modified version with Robert Smith - and have found it very good. Sometimes I use the Gary Craig one as well, but as you say, it's very long and involved. I find it takes a lot of energy to direct attention to the presenting problem with all it's multiple layers. From what you said about the Sedona Method, it might be a good preliminary step. I mean, it would answer the question about whether a person was ready to actually let something go! And if you find that you can do it - let it go completely just like that - wow! I'll obviously have to give it a try.:)

Peace to you and yours
    Bhavya

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

The nice thing about both these methods is that they not only solve the problem you adressed ( cure of symptom ) but also eliminate where it originate's from ( source of the problem ).
    This is why both method's want you to repeat the process until your entire problem is gone, it links to the underlying problem(s).

A way to see how much it works is to "rate" your problem, for instance on a scale of 1 to 10, how big is your problem

One could answer " 8 "

Do the sedona or EFT routine

"rate" your problem again on a scale of 1 to 10, how big is your problem now ?

One could answer " 4 "

Do the sedona or EFT routine

and so on, and so on all the way to " 0 ".

Do this before meditation for best success, you will feel very liberated and calm when your problem has been programmed out this way.
    Your meditation will be much more successfull !

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

There are mice in my pants !!!!

A thing I like about EFT is the fact that they keep on sending me tips and tricks by mail, sometimes every other day.

In one of those there was some EFT professional who told a funny yet cute story:

Dear Gary,

I had to write you about a delightful EFT experience I had with a little three year old boy who thought he had mice in his pants.

Andrew had been visiting his grandparents on their farm when a field mouse was found in the house early in the afternoon. By evening his active imagination had gotten away with him on the mouse issue and he was completely, distressingly convinced there were mice in his pants. As dinner at a local restaurant progressed, he became so upset that his parents removed his pants to 'prove' there were no mice. But he wouldn't dress again and they ended up leaving with their dinner in to-go boxes and Andrew wailing in their arms. All the way home in the vehicle, he cried and was adamant that the mice were getting him. Finally, in desperation, they called me at 9:30 pm to ask if I would see him.

When little Andrew and his mom walked into my living room together he was moving like a child in wet britches, walking slowly and rather stiff-legged like he didn't want the fabric to touch his legs. Mom excused herself to the restroom while I urged him onto the sofa beside me and removed his shoes, telling him they might make the sofa dirty. Actually I wanted them off for ease of pants removal if that became necessary. He was quiet but obviously upset with his little face all tight and 'squenched up' and he was wringing his hands in a way that perfectly fit the 'squenched up' phrase. It was apparent these mice were very real to him.

I asked him about the mice at his grandparents and he answered, "There are mice in my pants."

"Oh, really? Where?" I asked.

He was wearing heavy corduroy long pants and tentatively pointed to a place where they naturally bunched up away from his skin. "There."

I pressed down on the spot and of course there was nothing there, but that effort didn't relieve him in any way. "Andrew, would you play a little game with me about making the mice go away?"

His little face was cast downward, rather tucked under my arm as he sat beside me, so I tapped as best I could without making it too obvious and uncomfortable to look up, skipping the underarm altogether for the same reason.

First round set up, "Even though there are mice in my pants and I don't want them there, my mommy loves me and I'm a cool kid." He sat quietly and let me do it for him.

Second round, same set up, he used his own fingers to tap with me.

By the third round set up, we changed to, "Even though the mice are getting me, they have to go outside (his own words at this point) 'cause I'm the boss of me." He spoke the words well, willingly repeating after me and tapping with his own fingers including under the arm. I had tried to show him the spot and we discovered it was too ticklish!

At this point I asked him if the mice were still there in his pants. He looked at me quizzically and said they were at his house. At that point his mom picked up the cell phone and called dad to tell him to be sure the mice were let outside. We could hear dad respond that he was right then taking care of it.

We tapped another round on, "The mice at my house have to go outside 'cause I'm the boss of me." He seemed to like this phrase and I told mom in an aside that I hoped I hadn't created a later problem for her! He tapped willingly and spoke the set up without much prompting. All signs of distress had disappeared and, in fact, I thought he was about to fall asleep beside me. Mom took him home, a 20 minute drive, and called to say he hadn't mentioned mice at all on the way.

A follow-up call the next noon also gave a "no mice!" report and though I attended his birthday party two days later, he never mentioned the mice or our tapping game. His father, whom I had previously seen for panic attacks which happened on highway overpasses was absolutely amazed and delighted.

It's nice to know these things, that EFT works on Children too...

Even tho it is more work, I suggest getting into the EFT method anyway, it is very effective, and stangely works where Sedona is less successfull and vice versa.

6. sarita

sarita Member

Edwin, I love that story, thank you!
    Great to be reminded of the power of EFT (and be inspired on phrasing for children).

I also haven't learnt it formally, just from having a couple of sessions with someone. & I'm also 'lazy' (actually I have RSI so the tapping can be downright uncomfortable) and find just saying,
    'Even though (X), I deeply and completely love and accept myself exactly as I am' is incredibly de-stressing.
    After doing a round or two like that, sometimes I don't even specify what X is (it can be a long list and doesn't ego love throwing up objections!) and just say 'Even though, even though, I deeply and completely love and accept myself exactly as I am'.

I also learnt Sedona from the free sample. It once saved a relationship. I was in bed with a lover (new relationship) and learnt he was seeing someone else (we hadn't agreed on monogamy so he hadn't done anything 'wrong' but I was devastated).
    I was trying to do Byron Katie on my thoughts with no success, so I just used Sedona on the feeling, and literally wrenched myself, chose massively, for peace - and it worked unbelievably. I went from hell to heaven, from misery to peace and total Love, in a matter of moments.

I've also found it works very well for physical pain. ( I say;

Could I stop focusing on this pain? Is it humanly possible? (this second one always makes me smile)
    Am I willing to?
    When?
    and boof -it shifts immediately.

I've heard EFT can work for Vertigo and one day I will shell out for another session as I would love to heal that!

7. WeeHoo

WeeHoo Member

EFT for kids

My 9 year old uses EFT for stage fright and other "overwhem" situations. Sometimes she'll use it if she is upset with her sister or a friend. It works really well for her.