Schuman Resonance?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Michael Mackenzie, Dec 16, 2008.

?

Have you heard of Schuman Resonance?

1. Never heard of this

25 vote(s)
    69.4%
  2. Have heard a little

10 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. I know a great deal

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. GilesC

GilesC Member

I've never heard of it, at least not by name like that.
    Edwin's description does have a certain ring to it though... that is something I've come across before although I've not looked into it in detail

Giles

2. Coenrad Morgan

Coenrad Morgan Member

Hi Michael,

All I know is that it appears to have an effect on bio-systems and is related to magnetic fields, sort of the planets magnetic heartbeat as I understand it, sensitives and those working on psychic levels are particularly attuned to it, allegedly it can result in good psychic days and less good.....thats about all other than it had a certain frequency that is tapering off towards the lower range, slowing down.........birds are thought to make use of it for navigation but this is yet to be confirmed....cant remember the frequency...similar to alpha I seem to recall..

3. Maribo

Maribo Member

It's a case of so called standing waves, e.g. like those that appear in a flute when blown. In this case, it's not the air that flows in a tube, but electromagnetic waves traveling around the Earth between its surface and the upper atmosphere (ionosphere), and as the Earth has about 40000 km around at the equator, and the electromagnetic waves travel at about the light speed, i.e. 300000 km/sec, they make about 300000/40000 = 7.5 (7.83 more exactly) circles around the Earth in one second, hence the frequency.

Not unlike in a flute, where closing different holes leads to different sounds, changes in local conditions around the Earth due to lighting etc. lead to changes of this frequency.

I don't think we have anything to fear from these changes - they don't happen so swiftly, and we will probably be able to adapt to them.

Sleep tight! :)

4. blueskygal

blueskygal Member

I think I saw a movie that referred to this at one point - was it the one with Dennis Quaid - "The Day After Tomorrow?"

5. Michael Mackenzie

Michael Mackenzie Owner

Some very interesting and impressive replies here.

There is a great deal of speculation and in many cases outright misinformation floating around the internet about the Schumann resonance. However, there is a great deal of legitimate research that has been performed.

I’ve added an easy to understand report for you and will later add some scientific reports for anyone interested.

I am considering having some classical music tracks designed which will incorporate the Schumann Resonance if there is enough interest.

Have a great weekend, Michael

6. Panthau

Panthau Member

This leads me to the question if 6h or more working on a pc could have a negative impact on someone, in the context of this schuman resonance? Im not sure about that, but i often think about why i feel how i feel and the fact that most days i use pc´s very intense (im self aducated and work as a pc engineer).

Regards
    Pan

7. Edwin

Edwin Member

From what I have read, I understand that pc's and screens do raise the levels.

I do believe that flatscreens ommit less than the CRT monitors, as they don't have a strong electroncannon inside them. this is just a personal view tho.

8. Edwin

Edwin Member

I am interested indeed, if playing this classical music will help my family feel better, by all means !

9. Panthau

Panthau Member

Thanks for your reply. It seems to me that having some time without pc im more relaxed. But that could be due to the fact that pc = work or playing and thats always a bit non-relaxing of course.

If someone has a strong feeling for his own needs and whats good for themselves and what not, it may not be a big thing. But i dont "feel" my needs and limits that good, thats why im sometimes not sure about my feelings, where they are from and why they are there.

Pan

10. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

I think that's so interesting because LF 7 was the first track that made a big difference in my meditation. I wasn't sure if it's just that I love the sound of rain and have happy childhood memories associated with it, or if it was finally getting into theta. I played it again last night and could feel a palpable difference in my body, even without meditating.

I'm wondering how it would work with classical music. The slower second movements - largo - are usually alpha inducing aren't they? At least, that's what the superlearning people have based their thinking on: that alpha brings more receptivity to rote learning and is therefore great for learning a new language. So wouldn't classical music be inducing alpha at its slowest and the Schumann resonance, theta? Or are we talking about apples and oranges?

I'd love to understand this better, so thanks to you experts for any forthcoming explanations :)

Bhavya

11. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Wow, that is amazing Michael. LF7 has always been one of my favourites. I can remember the first time I listened to it exactly (plus the fact that I listened to it over open speakers)

I am a great believer in prevention rather than cure, which is one of the main reasons I meditate with LF and I will definately be very happy to play a little daily classical music incorporating the Schumann resonance.

Maybe it would be good to play as background music when all the family sit down for dinner :)

Anyway until then, we will have to be resourceful and here's my first idea - I'm having family round for tea so I'm going to set up a den for my grandchildren. They can pretend they are in the jungle and I'll provide the thunder storm for them with LF7 :) Thank you again and happiness and joy to you all :) :) :)

12. Maribo

Maribo Member

Hi Michael,

Yes, LF7 is special, even when played in sequence among the others - from time to time I listen to all of them, from 1 to 10, with no problems, but LF7 somehow stands out. It's probably a combination of Schumann Resonance with other things, because if it were only for the resonance LF8 would be closer.