Schuman Resonance?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Michael Mackenzie, Dec 16, 2008.

?

Have you heard of Schuman Resonance?

1. Never heard of this

25 vote(s)
    69.4%
  2. Have heard a little

10 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. I know a great deal

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. Michael Mackenzie

Michael Mackenzie Owner

I just wanted to conduct a little survey to see what people know about the Schuman Resonance and would like anyone who has knowledge or an opinion to post it in this thread.

Michael :)

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

Had never heard of it before, but going to dive into the internet to find out right now :)

3. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

You got me on that one boss.
    gus

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

Oh crap, I HAD heard of it, just didnt know it was called "Schuman Resonance" :p

Now I filled in the poll wrongly :eek: Sorry !!!

From what I understand, it is called " the heartbeat of the earth " it is a resonating pulse coming from the earth itself I think ?
    The heartbeat, and it's effect on people and animals have been scientifically proven if I remember correctly, and according to certain scientists the Schuman Resonance is intensifieing or accelerating or something, making us people feel as if we are constantly in a rush, lacking time.

In a few years, according to some at the same time the Maya Calendar ends, december 2012, the Schuman Resonance will "reset" and start at a much slower pace again. The effect of this on humans might be that we will all feel much more peacefull.

How is that Michael ? Did I understand it correctly ?

5. Scott_11:11

Scott_11:11 Member

I have heard of the Schuman Resonance. As Edwin said, cuz he looked it up :p , it's the frequency of the planet. Everything that exists is vibrating energy. That includes the Earth. But beyond that I haven't bothered to learn much about it.

Those interested in this stuff may want to look at Kryon.com. A lot of it may not work with your belief system and that's fine. I find it fascinating though.

6. AntonHansen

AntonHansen Member

Nope sorry never heard of it before, well this post was the first time i saw it :) I am going to dig a little into it :)

7. Grey

Grey Member

i think i read somewhere it is a frequency around 7 or 8 hertz and it has something to do with the sum total of all the electromagnetic fields generated by the earth. it is to the electromagnetic fields all around us what air is to the earth's atmosphere. or something like that.

8. Edwin

Edwin Member

apparently there is a little more to it than what i wrote about it.

From what i understand there is an electrical field wrapped around the earth. This field is in fact the very reasy the earth is rotating. Like Grey said, this field has been resonating at the same base frequency (7.83 )ever since the german researcher mr Schumann discovered it around 1952.
    The Nasa has even equipped spacecraft with a schumann resonating device, because the astronauts health and condition were in serious trouble without the resonance. Our body needs it.

It was thought to be such an increadibly steady resonance the militairy used it for aligning machines globally at that time.
    However, lately the frequency of this field has started to change ( mostly locally, some places have allready registered up to 12.9 ). The reasons given seem to be linked to lightning on earth, a phenomena that helps to keep the field in balance. However the changing climate seems to have changed that, and the field is resonating at a different frequency, at specific places on earth. One of the first signs that the Schumann resonance and the rotation of the earth are linked seem to be that the atomic clocks have had a second added to keep them aligned with the rotation of the earth. It is now commonly assumed that if the electrical field around the earth were to disappear, the earth would stop rotating.

The field is not just wrapped around the earth, it is resonating everywhere from the ground up to the ionosphere, which it can't pass, bouncing it back to earth. We live in it.
    [​IMG]

Our bodies have adapted to the field, and from what I have read about it, our brain tends to adapt to the field as well. The pulse is so slow it actually happens every few seconds. We don't feel it, but there are machines that can register them ( I even came across a do-it-yourself manual of how to build one :) gotta love the internet )

and there the scientific part ends.

9. Grey

Grey Member

if our bodies are born and adapted to the field at a frequency of 7.83 what does that do to us if the field is artificially raised by human activities around the earth? is the original frequency something our bodies need exposure to so that they remain healthy as NASA discovered with their astronauts? is there a relationship between this frequency and brainwave frequencies?

10. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

I guess I had heard of it too. The name didn't register at such an early hour. Thanks for the expanded explanation though Edwin. Gotta love those locksmiths in the netherlands.

gus

11. Edwin

Edwin Member

Actually I found a device that generates 7.83 hz in a place where I didn't expect it !

Indeed the schumann resonance is raised by electromagnetic devices and radiowaves, WiFi stations, mobile phones and such.

The device was made to lower that field in your livingroom, not for health matters, but to improve the quality of sound from your stereo. It seems that both sound and quality from the stereo are negatively affected by a raised schumann resonance !

12. Ras

Ras Member

the rotation of the earth is not proven to be linked to Schumann resonances, at least not according to wikipedia: Earth's rotation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway, cant say the name rang a a bell before reading a bit about it.... then i remembered hearing about it before

13. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Same with me Ras; until someone started talking about it I could not muster it from the cobwebs.

gus

14. Edwin

Edwin Member

Ha there you go, one can easily fall into the trap of "if it is on the internet, it must be true".
    Guess I did too ;)

15. Imed

Imed Member

Yes but Wikipedia is part of the internet as well :p

16. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Ahhhhhh, some very interesting points, the living room device in particular and you deserve a gold star for your research Edwin :)

I think the answer to your question feels right Grey. I think we do need exposure to the Schuman resonance to keep good health.

Fast paced living, electric pylons, micro-waves, mobile phones, t.v.'s etc. are wonderful things, however I believe they should be used moderately because they must have an effect on our well being.

I'd be very interested to know the correct answer though :confused: :confused:

P.S. I think you're quite right about Wikipedia Imed

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  17. Anni66

Anni66 Member

Hi, Just new to the site and to meditation! Enjoying it tho :)

I've never heard of this before either Michaeal, What's your opinion on it?

18. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Edwin,

I'd be very interested to know what this device is please and also does anyone know of any that do help with health - it may help with some interesting research I have been doing on the schumann resonance :confused: :) :)

19. Edwin

Edwin Member

Kemp Elektroniks - SR PLUG

it seems to be a Dutch invention, and it can be ordered through the site.

No health benefits known

20. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

That's a good question Pollyanna. I'd like to know about it too. There used to be a lot of talk about devices that increased negative ions for health and well-being but that's about all I know.