1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

scents that would be beneficial in enhancing the Meditative experience?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by mitchelljj, Aug 31, 2013.

1. mitchelljj

mitchelljj Member

Does anyone know of any scents that would be beneficial in enhancing the Meditative experience?
    Also how about scents that would help me to sleep soundly I have been having sleeping soundly for the last month or so.

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

I wouldn't use any scents during meditation, as they will only serve to cause a physical distraction.

As for sleeping, petitgrain essential oil is useful for this, as it's an anti-spasmodic, so help you to relax. It can smell quite pungent or odd if you're not used to it, and too much (like anything really) could have an adverse effect (e.g. cause headaches etc.), so I would recommend using just two or three drops in water over an oil burner. (If you're not sure consult an aromatherapist)

Hugs

Giles