1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Saying hello

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Niall Keogh, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Niall Keogh

Niall Keogh Member

Hello all. My name is Niall Keogh from Ireland .Just recently subscribed to Lifeflow and have been using Level 10 for the past two weeks approximately. I have a problem with anxiety and hopefully the free meditation course along with the Lifeflow programme will help me to improve the quality of my life in the future. So far I'm very impressed with project meditation and any contacts and queries I've had with the supports available to me. I would like to hear if anybody might have some advise for me on the help Lifeflow can be in resolving and dealing effectively with anxiety.

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Welcome to the community Niall :)

Here are a few links which may be very helpful for you:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...nciples-meditation-entrainment.html#post12298

http://www.project-meditation.org/community/meditation-chatter-box/1306-help-please.html#post6345

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...ct-meditation/22-brainwave-states.html#post38

Look forward to hearing how you progress and I wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Niall,

Polly's provided some useful links, and if you also search around the forum, you'll find some good threads where people have talked about the benefits they've had in using lifeflow/meditation with their anxiety and other issues.

The best advice I can give is to stick at it. Lots of people look for the magic bullet and just expect they can meditate a couple of times and listen to a few cd's and hey presto they'll be miraculously better... well... you may feel some improvement but the most noticable effects will be after continued practice when you then look back at how you were in the past and how you are now.

Hugs

Giles

4. jessicasilverman

jessicasilverman Member

welcome to the community, I'm new myself and am excited to go through all the threads

5. Niall Keogh

Niall Keogh Member

Progress report

Hello Pollyanna, Niall Keogh here. Not sure how to submit a post . Maybe you might be able to give some advice. As i recounted when submitting my first post, anxiety is my bug bear. Since starting Lieflow level 10 certain aspects have improved for me eg. sleep has become better, anxiety levels had reduced to the point of being able to cut down on medication. This was a real shot in the arm for me and i felt really hopeful. The last few days haven't been great with more anxiety than i expected. I guess this has been a bit of disappointment and has shaken some of my new found confidence. Then again I 'm thinking that perhaps I'm expecting too much too quickly as abouut 20 years of anxiety is not going to dissipate in a few weeks or even months. Also I' only at the first level of Lifeflow and it's foolish of me to expect lasting relief at this early stage. Maybe some other members of the community forum might be able to give me the benefit of their experience with this issue. Have a wonderful new year. Kind regards Niall Keogh

6. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi again Niall,
    here is a link that will help you to let go of any negative emotions:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...t-meditation/190-your-resistance.html#post480

Just stay consistent - a little each day, and learn to unemotionally observe. You can observe anytime a negative or anxious emotion presents itself. It is coming to the surface, giving you the opportunity to let it go. Until we learn how to do this, we resist, supress and hold on to the emotion.

As you let go of these hampering emotions you will become more and more free. Be gentle with yourself. Breath deeply a few times before you meditate and if you have time, once a week, enjoy a long soak in the bath with about 3cups of Epsom Salts (Magnesium Sulphate) prior to your meditation.

We all have the peaceful place within us. You just need to let go of the burdens of negative emotions and you will feel lighter and lighter :)

I wish you an abundance of peace and joy :) :) :)