1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Saw clearly

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Claire_pe, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Claire_pe

Claire_pe Member

It has been a few days now that I seriously started with meditation.
    Truth… only a couple of days… but who’s counting

I have been most enthusiastic from the beginning about the wonders of meditation. I read a great deal about brain waves, without yet grasping all the extent. All I am saying is that I created expectations for myself just by knowing (by experience) what meditation can give me and by willing to learn more about it.

I could use the same analogy as Michael when he compares meditation follow through to reading a book.

A few weeks ago I started reading “The Shadow of The Wind” by Carlos Ruiz Zafón. A great and thrilling book. I read more than two chapters but then I stopped and switched to another book “Northanger Abbey” by Jane Austen; completely different story indeed!
    I did not stop the activity of reading I just changed direction…
    Somehow, it feels like I follow the same kind of behaviour with meditation. I am stuffing my mind with expectations and information on the matter; I delay my session (so I do not meditate at a fix hour); and I forget everything else that are the basics of meditation.

So of course I need to address all this… I am cleansing myself of my thoughts… When I started this post, I believed it was by writing it down that I would address them… but now, the meditation itself might have shown me more clearly what I needed to address, and it is not what I have just talked about. It seems I am afraid of something… and as I am listening to Life Flow 10, writing these lines and trying to make sense of what bothers me deep down… I think I have a clue…

Yesterday, I talked with my husband and the main subject was my urge of having family pictures all around…
    Today, I read, I write and think hard about everything that I want to keep remembering for the pleasure of it, or just because it is important to me and my beliefs…

I am afraid to forget…
    I am afraid to forget anything that matters to me,
    Anything that I hold dear in my heart…
    So who knows, I might soon figure out why, address it and move on…

So here is what I’d like to tell myself today:
    “Keep it simple, do not give up and believe.”

Until next time…

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  2. Arius

Arius Member

If I may...

Your post was quite beautiful. Something in the way the words were written, assembled, and the thoughts communicated. I would assume that in writing them, you did not resolve to write them, you just sat down and wrote them from your heart and not your mind.

And therein is the essence of inspiration. You simply let go and let Spirit take over.

You let go of possessions, of your desire to remember, and you will own and remember without the need to try. It's about allowing thing to occur as they were meant to. I wrote a poem about it in my blog:
    Once you can let go of things, they will come to you. It's as basic and as simple as that.

3. Claire_pe

Claire_pe Member

Thank you Arius for your words...
    They are most uplifting and comforting to me.

Your poem made me think of what Céline Dion said regarding the working method of her French composer. She said something like "He made me unsing".
    I guess it can apply to meditation in the form of what Michael teaches us, "you need not to try"... and as you say so well "once you can let go of things, they will come to you."

I'll keep this in mind
    Yet I will not...
    It was in, yet
    Has already left.

4. Arius

Arius Member

You are quite welcome, and thanks for the insight.

Always remember that the music is created between the notes, not in them alone. Be safe, stay still, and find peace.