1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

RPT (Reference Point Therapy)

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Panthau, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hi guys,

Anyone any experience with that?

Reference Point Therapy | Empower your life

I have an appointment tomorrow with someone practicing this therapy, as im hoping to get to the source of emotion which im escaping from.

From what i´ve been reading, this therapy (if you want to call it like that) seems to be highly efficiency and a huge step for everyone who wants to grow in spirituality. If it doesnt pretend to much, im highly interested to visit their courses!

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Pan,

Haven't heard of it, and the website looks "interesting" to say the least.
    I won't comment on it, but will await your return from your treatment to see how you found it.

Hugs

Giles

3. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hi again,

It was quite interesting. We were going to the feelings of samen and ovum *lol*
    Time will tell if it released something. It was quite emotional for me though.

The only thing we did, was going to certain feelings in the body, and stay there and accept that feeling. I had very good access to my feelings in this session, which i normaly dont have. Maybe it was because i felt it quite physically in my body.

It was a bit strange, because the "therapist" told me sometimes how i feel and that its good to feel this way or that way, as if "he" was feeling it instead of me.

Anyway, gonna have to see if they do these courses here in austria anywhere.

Edit: He gave me so much presence, that i feel totaly present atm. I took my girlfriend and my mom, which visits us atm, and we sat down just to be present. Its amazing!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  4. Panthau

Panthau Member

Seeing it from a distance, i can say that i was after the session more then ever present for two days. Cant say though if the point i was working on made a step "forward". On the other hand... doesnt matter anyway, as long as i accept what is and stay with my focus on the now.

Theres a 3 day RPT workshop in mainz (germany) at the end of january, i´ll try to be there.

5. Still Waters

Still Waters Member

I have been looking at the website and it is all very interesting. I am going to leave it a day or two to let it settle with me but I am seriously thinking of booking on a course in Nottingham England on the 5 and 6 of February. At £250 it is much less than I would have expected, although of course I would want to be sure before paying that out.

I would be interested on anyone else's experiences or thoughts on this

Chris

6. Panthau

Panthau Member

Thats great if that isnt too far from your home, please tell us about your experiences if you visit such a course!

Edwin i had a dream about you and an (american) indian, was about some teaching stuff :))

7. Still Waters

Still Waters Member

It is just over an hour a way by train - I am in London. So I will need to find some accommodation. It does seem good though

I will let you know if I decide to do it. I am on leave from work at that time so it is certainly doable

8. Panthau

Panthau Member

ok :)

I dreamed again from that indian, this time he was veeeery old and he teached me something, but it was a hard teaching... it nearly overwhelmed me. Damn, this indian chases me somehow lol

9. Still Waters

Still Waters Member

Still not sure whether to do this. Input from anyone who knows anything about this or thoughts about the website would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

10. Edwin

Edwin Member

Did you know that Ta-Tsu-Wa is part indian ?

11. GilesC

GilesC Member

I held back commenting initially as I was interested to see how Pan found the technique. In respect of the website itself, it comes across as many other websites I've seen that are glossy in style and worded to put down other techniques in order to glamourise how successful and wonderful they are themselves. It may be an effective and modern way of advertising, but I'm always wary of such things promoted in this way.

Saying that however, it doesn't discount the fact that the technique itself can be effective, as Pan has found out.

I've been on some courses before where they are glorified, even during the course by the tutor, as somehow being better than other techniques, but I tend to ignore such comments and focus on the technique itself and what it can do. Usually the technique is effective, but the teaching is clearly coming from the ego of the teacher or the founder's/creator's words through the teacher. If we can ignore the ego part of the teachings we can just focus on the fact and evidence from putting things into practice ourselves.

e.g. when I learnt FreewayCER, there was some people saying how it was far better than EFT etc. etc. although the teacher was not too egotistical about this himself. Having already learnt EFT, I went to learn FreewayCER with an open mind, curious as to how it differed from EFT. After learning it, through my own practice of both, I am happy that EFT and FreewayCER are both wonderful techniques that both work just as well as each other, the main difference being that FreewayCER appears to work more quickly at tackling issues than EFT does as it doesn't require drilling down to the root causes of issues in order to clear them.

So, I would say, ignore the glossy nature of the website and any hype surrounding it, attend the course, if you feel it's right for you, with an open mind, enjoy it and see how it works for you when you actually put it into practice.

;)

Hugs

Giles

12. Panthau

Panthau Member

Should i be afraid now? *gg*

13. Still Waters

Still Waters Member

Thanks for that Giles.:) I know a bit about marketing and I was afraid of being drawn into some of the hype so you did touch on some of my concerns there. But the flip side of that is that it does not mean it is not going to be useful.

I may have to just take a leap of faith with this one! :D

Always good to hear what others have to say though.

14. halba

halba New Member

hello. any latest developments? i am from australia, in sydney. i may do a course in 2011, is it worth the time? it looks simple and easy enough to do, probably don't need a course?