1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

restless legs stretching and yawning

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by tinkerbell, Sep 1, 2008.

1. tinkerbell

tinkerbell Member

Hi to everyone

I am 7 weeks into the programme and have experienced many things that I would like help with. I started with 10 and now on to 9. 10 was fab and I felt great really relaxed. 9 However makes my legs restless and I have to yawn and stretch at some time through the meditation. Is this okay or am I resisting as Michael and pollyanna advise. Would sure appreciate some help on this matter. I love the product and the fact that I give myself 45 mins a day to practise the art of peace.

love and light

tinks

2. ctutt

ctutt Member

I still get restless legs too sometimes Tinkerbell. I've been meditating for many years so I think it may just be a normal thing. It happens to me most often when I seem to have too many things on my mind and have difficulty "letting go and just relaxing."
    Charles

3. tinkerbell

tinkerbell Member

Hi charles

Thanks for that. I have realised that that is exactly what has happened. I think Iam relaxed but not have prepared properly. I have found that if I use the visulization tecnique of imagining that I have a lid on the top of my head which has hinges I take it off and imagine beautiful white light from the universe pour through my body and coming out of the bottom of my feet. The white light turns to roots and the roots go into earth so I feel totally grounded. Then I start my meditation. It really works for me as I found I was still working through my day and carrying baggage into my meditation. You may want to try it.

love and light

tinkerbell

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

It may also help to use "awareness" as a tool here.

When your legs become restless, or you feel the urge to yawn, or have this really annoying itch on your nose, or feel a cough coming up, usually these are indeed signs that you are not completely calm, or you might be entering the calm if it happens halfway through the meditation.
    I myself have even noticed that I am about to reach the deepest part of my meditation as soon as my face starts to itch around the eyes and nose.

When this feeling comes up, focus on it fully through awareness.
    This is a bit tricky, as usually when we focus, your mind will want to start working and make you think about the itch or restlessness or even pain in your left buttock ( to name a few ).
    This is something you have to be carefull of, as thoughts will enhance the feeling you are experiencing.

If you try to stay cool and look at it indifferently, without thinking about it, but fully undergoing the experience of itch or pain by observing it without thought or judgement, it will usually magically disappear.
    Even with itches, my personal torture, I not only notice the itch completely disappearing, it also takes away my neurotic compulsion to scratch anyway, even when the itch is gone, something I still can't seem to accomplish outside of meditation ;)

I hope that helps :)