Request your comments on this headphone model

Discussion in 'Your Suggestions' started by medflows, Sep 15, 2014.

1. medflows

medflows Member

Hello Jodie/Pollyanna/others,

Can you please take a look at this Sony headphone model and suggest if it is good for listening to Life Flow tracks? I am not very knowledgeable about the terms like extra bass, treble etc so can't really figure out if this one has any of those enhancements which will mess with or modify the Life Flow music frequencies.

Usually under "Other Performance Features" it is mentioned if the model has Extra Bass or any such enhancement. But this one says "Clear Sound with 16 mm drivers". I have no clue what that means.

Its a bit on the higher end as far as the price goes compared to the others we discussed on this site. But since I plan to stick to Life Flow for a long time to come, I thought of investing in a good quality headphone which will last long and serve the purpose well. Need your comments as to whether this is really good for our entrainment purposes or not.

Please take a look at the descriptions on both these websites. Amazon has a better description of the specifications.

Model name : SONY MDR-V55 BLUE HEADPHONE
    Links :
    1. Buy SONY MDR-V55 BLUE HEADPHONE Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

2. Sony MDR-V55 Wired Headphones Price in India - Buy Sony MDR-V55 Wired Headphones Online - Sony : Flipkart.com

Thanks !!!

2. jodie

jodie Moderator

Suitable Headphones......

Hi Medflows,

Apologies for my late reply. I don't often visit the community forum and so I have missed your recent post.
    Regarding your query, most headphones have a frequency range of 20Hz to 20,000Hz or even 22,000Hz. So, when you are purchasing your headphones, just make sure they go as low as 20Hz and you will be just fine. If they go lower, that's fine too.

Michael recommends that LifeFlow is listened to with regular stereo headphones, some types of headphones (often more expensive) will alter the audio matrix of the tracks and in turn could make the LifeFlow tracks ineffective.

Both the links you enclosed in your post are perfectly suitable for using when listening to the Lifeflow brainwave entrainment tracks.

I hope that helps you and we look forward to hearing how you get on. Do get in touch at [email protected] if I can be of any further assistance.

Kind regards

Jodie

3. medflows

medflows Member

Thanks for your response Jodie. It is very helpful.

Having searched through a lot of headphones in last few days, I agree with you. The expensive headphones come with fancy features which would beat our purpose of listening to the entrainment music as-is.

I also realize one thing, I will be using the Apple iPod to listen to the MP3s. and iPod audio playback has a frequency response starting at 20HZ. So I guess spending too much money on a headphone just because it reaches lower than 20Hz in frequency response may not be of good value if used with the iPod since iPod wont produce lower frequencies anyway. So we also need to match the frequency response of the audio player with the headphone.

Nevertheless, I found some very positive reviews of Sony MDR V55 on youtube by DJs. They seem to be a pretty good pair of headphone for general listening to music with the DJs raving about its sound quality. However there are some comments on them not being very comfortable for long periods of use since they are Supra-Aural (sit on the ears) rather than Circum-Aural (cover the ears completely). But that would be a matter of individual choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBmLCyK-19s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-20Y3gICyk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsoLB_-eBYc

Now that you certify them to be fit for Life Flow, they seem to be a pretty good bet overall.

Thank you !!

4. medflows

medflows Member

Sennheiser HD 180 Professional Headphone are good too.

I forgot to mention one more point.

Today I checked out "Sennheiser HD 180 Professional Headphone" recommended by razor. They sounded pretty good too. Pretty reasonable on the price for Indian buyers. The earcaps fit nicely covering the entire ear and kind of isolate ambient noise.