1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Remarkable experience

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Panthau, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Panthau

Panthau Member

Today something really weird happend to me. I did my workout at the fitness center like always, but this time i listened to "HemiSync - in Motion" which is supposed to "Supercharge your dance or workout routines with upbeat electronic music and Hemi-Sync.". I did this a few weeks before, but only on the treadmill training and it had no remarkable effect, so i didnt expect anything today from it. This time i already listened to it while i was doing 1h muscle training.

Normaly im doing some workout for my muscles and then 20min interval training on the treadmill, this means im running 2mins on level 10 and then go back to level 7 for 1,5min and then again 2mins on 10 and so on. Normaly im totaly exhausted after the 20mins and can often barely accomplish the 2mins (ok ok im not "that" fit!).

This time i was running and after the 2mins i thought, what the heck...this is so easy, im gonna run a bit longer. I then ran 9mins on level 10, 3mins pause, 7mins on 10, 3mins pause, 8mins on 10 (at this point im already 9mins over my normal workout) and then i thought this isnt enough, got then 4mins on level 12 and then 2mins on level 14 and still could go on but stopped it because it scared me *lol*

I was like a running machine, had lots of positive thoughts and was really like beeing doped! Dont know how a brainwave entrainment can have such an impact, and its far far from an placebo effect, because it was way above my normal condition.

Just wanted to share this with you!
    Pan

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

Wow, my girlfriend just came back from her training - she also tried hemisync this time but she didnt felt very well when she came home. She told me she had lots of more energy and worked out much more then normal, but had a terrible headache after it and was shaking (i told her not that i was shaking too after my workout).

This brainwave entrainment seems to work very well but should be used with caution, as it seems...

3. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Interesting

Hi Pan,
    It appears Centerpointe has found some "abstract" uses for entrainment. My guess is that you exposure to LifeFlow has conditioned your brain to allow use of the Hemisync product.

shine on :) :)

jim

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

That could be, but my gf has no experience with brainwave entrainment. Im just so excited because id never expected such a strong effect from binaural beats!

Whatever, just wanted to share it... maybe someday its of help for anyone :)

5. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Hi Pan,
    That is what I meant. She had no exposure to brain entrainment thus may have been "affected" in the manner that she was. Just an opinion.

shine on :) :)

jim

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  6. Panthau

Panthau Member

Maybe, who knows... gonna try it again tomorrow :)

Thanks for the feedback!

7. Edwin

Edwin Member

Some things are easyer solved than others.

Headache after training is usually caused by dehydration. I have had the same problem with jiu jitsu because we are not allowed to drink during class, and ever since I started drinking a lot before training, it became less.

But I guess your girlfriend is allowed to drink during training. She could try an isotone drink, which not only rehydrates the body quicker than plain water, but is also filled with a lot of needed sugars and minerals.

8. Panthau

Panthau Member

Thanks for the hint Edwin, that could easily be possible! Weird that you´re not allowed to drink during class?! Must be a grim teacher :)

9. Edwin

Edwin Member

He is a really nice friendly guy... but very specific on Japanese traditions. ;)

10. Panthau

Panthau Member

Strong believe system can lead to strong behavior :p

11. Edwin

Edwin Member

You have done well grasshopper :D

12. Panthau

Panthau Member

Ship's log, 290909:

This time there was not such an effect, although i used Hemisync. Because i believed in it, i was still running 3x 5mins (instead of 2mins), but that was kinda...exhausting :)

My theorie is, that through the Hemisync rythm, i unconsciously had another (better) breathing, because today my breathing was as flat as always and i had problems to breath deeply (which isnt the best thing when doing workout, isnt it?).

Hey, grasshopper can leap 20 times the length of its own body! :)

13. Edwin

Edwin Member

that's nothing compared to a flea !

The flea can jump up to 350 times its body length. For a human, that would be equivalent to jumping the length of a entire football field.

14. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Fleas can also jump extremely high. Here’s a story about how high:-

Some fleas were caught and put in a jar and because the fleas could jump several times higher than the jar, a lid was placed on top.

With the lid on the jar, the fleas jumped and each time they hit their heads on the lid.

The fleas will try jumping over and over again, each time hitting the lid of the jar.

Eventually they learn to jump almost to the lid, but not quite.

They learned to jump only this high, because they learned that to jump any higher was futile.

What happens when we take the lid off?

The flea still does not jump beyond the height of the lid.

It has become conditioned.

It has set an imaginary limit.

As humans, we are also subjected to limiting beliefs.

Especially during childhood when most of us are physically mentally and emotionally incompetent to know otherwise - we look to adults for guidance and emulate them.

When limitations are imposed upon us, we tend to view them as a permanent part of our identity or map of reality and do not realize that limitations can be overcome.

Becoming aware of what has been holding you back allows you to break through these limiting beliefs and constantly improve and enjoy your life.

Sorry guys if this went a bit off-topic to this thread but the flea triggered my passion for releasing the brakes - and meditating with LifeFlow regularly is the best way I have found to constantly improve and change my belief systems - here's to an abundance of wonderful changes :) :) :)

15. Panthau

Panthau Member

Thanks for the story polly :)
    Someday it becomes more then a theory to me!

Hey and about the grasshopper... 20 times is better then nothing :) :)

16. GilesC

GilesC Member

Sometimes, Nothing is all that is required. ;)

Hugs

Giles

17. Edwin

Edwin Member

LOL !:D

Stop confusing the poor man !

And actually, you could just say "Nothing is all that is required" without adding "sometimes". Nothing is always there ! :cool:

18. Panthau

Panthau Member

"Nothing" is a poor describtion for it, its nearly senseless to mess around with words :)

Even if i´ve been not there with my daily conscious yet in this lifeframe, i have a feeling connection to what people describe when they reach higher states... so its not at all confusing to me. On the other hand...what the heck are you talking about?! :D

19. kaizhuang

kaizhuang Member

Hemisync is made by Monroe Institute, not Centerpointe.
    It seems to me that Hemisync tracks are designed with specific goals in mind (OBE etc).

20. Phun20

Phun20 Member

Meditation can cause release of endorphens as well as various hormones, which can easily cause you to last a lot longer than normal, because you won't feel as much of the physical pain you normally would during your work out. The headache she could have experienced also could have come from her mind not being used to the brain entrainment, it's good for the mind to do, but for one that isn't well practiced, it can be more exhausting than relieving.