1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Relief!

Discussion in 'Project Meditation - Success Stories' started by `Tired`, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Sweet_Iza

Sweet_Iza Member

Such a nice post. I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing your story.

2. `Tired`

`Tired` Member

I just hope by us all sharing that others can get healed or as healed as they can be. Prayer and meditation can be the ticket to a total mental overhaul imo. Like I said I truly believe that the mind can be a battleground or a paradise. I lived in a foxhole in my head for years (since I was 5 1/2 years old) afraid to stick my head up and live because of a totally messed up start in life. Totally messed up. God I believe led me out of that hell and I believe led me to the people, lessons and programs to tune me up. I learned a lot of lessons and now it's time to live.

When I was taught meditation as a kid I was told the mind and heart are like gardens full of weeds hiding rays of who we are, maybe we're too depressed to thin it out or not aware the weeds exist or maybe just satisfied with what we have when it could be so much better that we get lazy and let it grow up, then things get bad and people wonder why. If we can get up at least once a day and pull one weed, do that over time everyday regardless if we feel good or bad and replace it with something neat and positive, soon perhaps we can see the weeds in our minds garden that are cluttering everything up and be all we were meant to be.

I know it sounds corny and cliche but it's the truth I believe.

3. enlighteneduk

enlighteneduk Member

Thats a lovely post, Tired (you really must change your username to something like 'Invigorated'!!:D). I am still trying to persuade my bi polar brother to start working with LF. He has recently been put onto new mood stabilisers and I think feels he has to let these take their course first, but this thread is becoming more and more useful to show to him when the time is right. Thanks Sogno too, for your input from your own experiences with bi polar.

Heather

4. sogno

sogno Member

Pollyanna,

Thank you so much. 2nd time this evening that I feel comfort from reading your post. I have been feeling such a failure lately! But, your post above, your kind words, I don't feel so lonly and useless now :)

You are the leggend really!
    Thanks