1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Relationship Questions

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by jondodart, May 11, 2009.

1. jondodart

jondodart Member

Hello,

I recently spilt from my longterm love, and am trying to use Meditation as a way to relieve some of the pain and help refocus on myself. Do you have any additional suggestions that might help with this?

Thank you!

Jon

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

Hi Jon, welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I hope things will get better for you with meditation.
    Additionally, the gratitude exercise on the free meditation course can be of huge help. Try to focus on the wonderfull things that you do have rather than what you don't.

Try to allow yourself to feel and experience the pain, you are allowed to.
    If you can allready, try to forgive yourself, and your ex-partner after that.
    You did your best, and so did your partner, and it just wasn't meant to be. Accepting the situation you are in, will reduce the pain. Try to think:

"This is the situation I am in. Everything is as it should be, or this would not have been my situation."

What has happened is allready in the past, and there is nothing you can do to change that ( until a time machine is invented ).
    You do have to live with the choices made in the past, so all you have to do is accept that. Understanding that there is nothing you can do anyway to change the past will help you with that.

Don't be a stranger, try to linger around the forums, we will always be here for you if you need any help.

3. jeanie

jeanie Member

Hiya Jon,

Your thread really jumped out at me as im going through the exact same thing right now and posted on advice about meditation to take the pain away.

The advice i got was really warm and helpful and i hope you have a look at it.

Feel free to talk to me anytime, i know how your feeling.

x

:)

4. WeeHoo

WeeHoo Member

I'm not sure about meditation helping to take away the pain, but it certainly has helped me process and release emotional pain more quickly than in the past. What's that old saying -- "The only way out is through" -- I've found that when I try to make the pain go away, I'm resisting the pain and it seems to hang around. On the other hand, if I acknowledge it and sit with it and even ask it what it has to tell me (God, that sounds goofy, but...!), it moves through me much more rapidly and I seem to experience a much deeper level of healing.

Keeping you in my thoughts!