1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

reiki

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by jada, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Teckniec

Teckniec Member

Your English is understandable however, I'm not to sure as to what it is you are trying to say :( other than yes it can help with anxiety

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

From what I can understand ( Liana if I am wrong please post in Dutch and I will translate it for you ;) ) Liana is trying to say that while healing, ego has no chance with her.

I would say that both awareness, as well as full focus on the healing itself through whatever healing method will keep you completely focused in the Now, so it seems quite logical what Liana is saying.
    I am not sure what Liana means with this, but I think she is referring to certain healing methods.
    Liana, can you clarify ?
    If you don't know how to say it in English, vertel het dan maar gewoon in het Nederlands ;)

3. jada

jada Member

o dont worry my english isn t that good too, and thanks for the info.

love

david

4. Liana2

Liana2 Member

Hello David and all the others !

Edwin you are right what I mean to tell about the reiki (healing)
    I left my Ego and I am being aware. When I give distance healing to people I use my focus and visualisation. Using also colors when I give pranic healing.
    Symbols are very good, but I am a lazy woman haha make things not so very difficult for myself...the best for me is nothing to do and let the energy flow into the body. Where the mind go, the energy follows! I thank the Universe when I am ready with the healing.

Edwin wat fijn dat jij ook in Nederland woont, als ik je nodig heb dan weet ik je te vinden voor mijn vertaalwerk :)

Love for all,
    Liana

5. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Liana,

Your English is very good, so no worries there.
    "How nice that you also live in the Netherlands, if I need you I know you can find my translation"
    Good old Google tranlsator. :D

Absolutely correct. There are healers out there who certainly let their ego get in the way, believing they know what is best for the client and imposing their beliefs on the client, but a good healer knows to step aside from the ego and focus on the healing.

Most of the forms of Reiki and energy healing systems use "symbols" of some sort. In Japanese forms of Reiki (Kundalini Reiki is not Japanese but was developed by the well known Ole Gabrielsen of the Denmark see: Ole Gabrielsen About ; it just borrows the Japanese name Reiki), as I've already mentioned there are 4 symbols overall, 1 for teachers to use during attunements and the other 3 used in healing (1 for "power", 1 for emotional and 1 to transcend time and space a.k.a. the "distance" symbol for giving healing at a distance). Each symbol has a name (kotodama) in Japanese which some teach you should say internally 3 times as you draw the symbol with the hands. There's no real foundation to saying it 3 times, and just saying the name at the same time as drawing the symbol is fine.

The Japanese "symbols" are based around Japanese Kanji (alphabet) or symbols and can be found on some temples in Japan. Other forms of Reiki have developed their own symbols, e.g. Sekhem(tm) (which no longer exists as a system - long story :eek:) was based around the Egyptian Sekhmet and a lot of the symbols were Egyptian looking, although some were a little too "New Age" for my liking, plus there were a dozen or so symbols to be used. Other forms of Reiki also include a lot of different symbols, but I've not quite figured out the reason why there is such a need for so many when the ones provided in Japanese forms cover all aspects of physical (power symbol), mental/emotional (emotional symbol) and spiritual (distance symbol). I much prefer the principle of just keeping things simple, and I guess that there is perhaps some ego involved in the idea that by creating more symbols for a system somehow makes it a better system.

Focus and intent is also very important, and that is where Liana is coming from, by not using the symbols that are taught with Kundalini Reiki. If we look back at the history of Sekhem (in case you haven't guessed I also trained in that too in the past :D), it was developed by somebody (I won't say who) from a system introduced by Patrick Zeigler (who is now a good friend of mine and has an interesting story himself: The Pyramid Story Introduction of Seichim and Sekhem), and initially the energy healing he developed and taught did include various symbols, but since then he has come to the realisation that the symbols are not necessary and it has developed into a new system called All-Love (Fantastic workshops if you ever choose to go to one, especially good for releasing held in issues), in which a form of attunement is given, as well as various techniques for treating others and releasing issues. I've actually used some of the techniques in conjunction with EFT/Freeway when the person I'm treating has trouble getting their issue out (i.e. their holding it in) and it's worked wonders. Anyway, I digress...

So, yes, Liana is correct that there's no real need for the symbols, if the intent and focus is pure and the ego is kept out of the way. Usui sensei was said to have used the symbols in teaching his students, merely as tools to aid them with their focus, and that is how the symbols should be seen, as a tool in the toolbox for learning, but one can transcend the need to use them if well practiced in the focus and intent.

Hugs

Giles

6. Liana2

Liana2 Member

Wowwhh Giles,

Thank you for all this information, I understand everything,my reading is much better then the writing!

And you are right, there are no symbols when you are a Kundalini reiki master. Its so funny the energy flows directly when I used my intention. Its all albout the Love you give and send.

I have visit your website and I will give you my compliments. Fantastic website and wonderful information!

Hugs
    Liana

7. fshortt

fshortt New Member

A good place to research is "http://www.aetw.org/"
    the information there is very well researched, reiki history, reiki symbols, reiki styles as well as other japanese spiritual practices.

good luck with your reiki training

f