1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Reiki Meditation with Lifeflow

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Alan Groves, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Alan Groves

Alan Groves Member

Hello All,
    I hope everyone is well and happy. I suppose out of all the regular contributors to this wonderful community this question is directed towards Giles as much as anybody - but I would be interested every response.

I have recently renewed my interest in Reiki - I was wondering if there are any meditations involving Reiki (maybe Self Treatments) that have been used with Lifeflow and the experiences received. Any suggestions on combining the two?

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Alan,

I've not combined Reiki and Lifeflow together as I do Lifeflow whilst meditating and for that I am letting my mind clear rather than focus on anything, so I don't perceive that it's compatible to be focused/actively doing self-healing during meditation. Of course it's possible to set the intent beforehand for Reiki to flow and self-heal during the meditation, and I have done that before, but again the meditation for me is not about what is experienced during medtiation but more how it has an effect on us outside of meditation (i.e. in our day to day living).

After my meditation with lifeflow I do a couple of other exercises, one which focuses on bringing me back to the present moment and helps to ground me, and then I also recite the Reiki principles in Japanese with intent to live by them.

Hope that helps. :)

Hugs

Giles

3. Alan Groves

Alan Groves Member

HI Giles,
    Thanks for this - I saw on the Chikara-Reiki-Do website that they have some Meditation CD's - using brain entrainment, and wondered if it was similar? Do you know of this site or their product?

4. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Alan,

No, I'm afriad I don't know anything about them. I have learn Westernized Reiki as well as Jikiden Reiki (Japanese style) as well having done a few other (what I would call Non Japanese Reiki) styles but not that one.

There are a lot of people out there who produce meditation CD's, some guided and some not, and some do incorporate a level of what could be called brainwave entrainment as they incorporate some of the natural beats etc. However, I've not found much need for those as the Meditation I do (which is essentially the same as what Michael offers here) and the Lifeflow brainwave entrainments are plenty sufficient. ;)

Hugs

Giles

5. Alan Groves

Alan Groves Member

6. GilesC

GilesC Member

Just took a quick look.... Eeeeeeekkkk! :eek:

All scream NO at me. It's not possible to become a master of anything in 48 hours. Sure you can receive the Reiki attunements to "master" (I'm not keen on that label) level, but it takes years of dedicated practice to truly master Reiki, if we ever get to a stage where we can actually say we've mastered it.

In terms of Chakra's, these are an Indian concept of the energy system. Reiki is Japanese in origin (in terms of Usui sensei rediscovering it there). The system of Reiki introduced by Usui, did not include chakras and this is a "new age" type of mix and match created by the West.

I'm sure the intentions are good of the originators of this version of Reiki and I'm sure they can attune to Reiki (or even teach about self attunements), but the website comes across as a quick and dirty marketing of the system. Perhaps that's my own issue of judgementalism I need to deal with hehe! ;)

Hugs

Giles

7. Alan Groves

Alan Groves Member

HI Giles,
    I thought that when I first looked at it but the more I read, the more interesting it became - I have brought the package at $97 (which considering what you get seems very good value to me - and not a complete financial disaster if it's not!!) and when you read further into what they say it continues to be interesting, they talk of energy and us all coming from that, all our different ways and searches to what we are. Anyhow, each to their own I suppose. They seem to be decent people trying to help wake up society so that can't be bad in my book.

8. Edwin

Edwin Member

I have also noticed that the atmosphere in sites that sell any kind of product nowadays is becoming more and more of a " That's amazing, Mike " kind of level.
    If you don't know what I am talking about, there used to be this terrible US tv-homesales program that was *shudder* even lip sync'ed to Dutch for us in the 90's.

It seems to be the best way to advertise your product I guess, or there would be less of this slightly scary stuff going around...

9. GilesC

GilesC Member

I think it more a case of it's the best way to advertise if you are aiming to target gullable people who will jump at the slightest thing that sounds good (often too good to be true!), but as Alan has found, there is actually some genuine and useful information being made available. Just a shame that it's being lost behind all the marketing hype.

:)

Hugs

Giles

10. Alan Groves

Alan Groves Member

I think that we are conditioned (probably self conditioned) to look for happiness and to this end often follow various paths that we believe will help us achieve this aim. One could argue that all, if not many of these paths are leading to about the same place, but that does not stop us from trying to find what we see as an improved way of getting there.
    And ways that work for one, may not necessarily work for another. To further complicate things we are now all part of an increasing BIGGER, BETTER, FASTER, MORE society - indocrination, which when we get what we are told will make us happy, and it doesn't - we try even harder to find another route. It takes a very strong, grounded ( you could even say awake) person to be free from these shackles, whilst still playing a part in society and not living in isolation. Some are happy with the material pocessions that they think (as they are told) will give them happiness and make their lives easier, some of us (and I include everyone in this community) see behind this, even if just for a while, and are looking, searching, finding something much more meaningful.

Well, that's my thinking!

:)

11. tinkerbell

tinkerbell Member

reiki and life flow

Hi everyone

I have been very poorly with swine flu and a nasty tummy bug my immune levels have hit an all time low. sometimes i forget that I have lifel flow and reiki 2 degree 2 till this week. let me explain what happened couldnt sleep and feeling pretty down. My husband kept saying you need to sleep well easier said then done...would go back to bed and lie there feeling rough. So it came to me how about putting on life flow and see if that would help whilst sat there i would place my hands where i felt i needed it most and let reiki do its magic. The difference was incredible i am on the road to recovery and getting the rest that i need... my opinion is that do what you think is best it worked for me...
    hope this helps
    tinks