1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

recite the mantra: makes a difference ?

Discussion in 'Having Problems?' started by Breath, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Breath

Breath Member

I am a beginner at Life Flow (about to start level 9) and have a question : does it really make a difference to recite the mantra in our head, while we meditate, or would Life Flow technology still be effective if we just passively « listened » to the track?
    Some days I find it hard to focus on reciting the mantra, then I just listen to the track, but I don’t know if I am loosing my time when I do this!:confused:
    Anybody has experienced this?:rolleyes:

2. Coenrad Morgan

Coenrad Morgan Member

Me too

Hello,

Your supposed to let the mantra go at some point, its a focusing device not much different to Mala beads or Prayer beads...so it's not the end, just the means, albeit depending on the mantra chosen, in itself it could be very powerful.

As your using LF, the entrainment does what you would have to do using traditional meditation eg. Discover Meditation, synchronizes your brain frequency at a lower level than your used to functioning at eg. Alpha as apposed to day to day Beta. The important thing is, how did you feel afterwards, could you sit through the whole track AND did / do you do so consistently? The soundtrack does the work as long as you can be totally present with it and not do your budget or something else mentaly while your listening to it. On days that I don't want to meditate, I walk around the flat, cleaning, doing dish's etc listening to it......by the time I should be meditating, I'm ready to meditate and find it easier to slip into it, I believe its because the sound track has been preconditioning me even if I haven't been paying attention. I have even seen posts here by Pollyanna and others who play it as background music to calm kids or just create a more peaceful state of mind while they go on as per normal in their homes (not cars or operating heavy machinery.....that one is specifically mentioned as a no-no), so, long story short, the track all on its own is very effective, with the mantra ( until you let it go) even more so.

Just be easy on yourself, listen to the training track in "Discover Meditation", find a Mantra or Sutra (phrase like "peace be still" or something more exotic if that blows your hair back) and play with it, when you find the right mantra for you it will be like one of those songs that get stuck in your head, you dont mind repeating it over and over.....

The important thing is to keep at it.........the how's and why's will sort themselves out over time.

Hope this helps

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  3. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Coenrad,
    Excellent explanation man!
    gu