1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Ready for the next level?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Panthau, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Still Waters

Still Waters Member

That is good Pan

I have been using mine for a week now and I can see the benefits already!

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

Really? In which way?

I mixed now a half teaspoon in 50ml water and i wonder how i can reach

as im wet like a fish and only used about 1/10 of the spraybottle...hehe

Ty
    Phil aka Pan

3. Still Waters

Still Waters Member

I am feeling less anxious and my energy levels are rising. I went to a 3mile run this morning :)

4. Grey

Grey Member

i believe the instructions were to mix a teaspoon of the flakes into 100 ml. of water then apply a half to a full teaspoon of that water/magnesium solution to your body. not that you try to put on all 100 ml. of the solution on yourself at once.

5. Panthau

Panthau Member

Ah ok i see. The instructions on the package says that for a bath someone should use a half cup...that way it would be empty with 6-8 baths, and i wonder if the effect would be the same by just using a half teaspoon in a week (or a few days), like ta-tsu-wa suggested.

6. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there Pan. Ta-Tsu-Wa didn't say mix a teaspoon of flakes - he said mix a tablespoon of flakes with a 100ml of purified water and put about half a teaspoonful of the mix on your body. :)

If you add another teaspoonful to the 50ml you will have the correct quantity he recommended. :) My friend notices how much calmer and less anxious he feels when he sprays this on a couple of times a day. He has also tried it in the bath and doesn't feel any benefit that way - probably too diluted.

Really glad you're benefitting Harry and look forward to your results Pan - peace and joy to you both :) :) :)

7. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hi polly and thanks for your advice, maybe i need some glasses *gg*
    Thats really curios, sounds a bit like placebo. But who cares, as long as it works.

Btw, 2 days after i posted about needing a break from Lifeflow, i started again with it. I dont know if and when i´d be ready for lvl9, but to be true i dont really care. Im just enjoying my meditation session with Lifeflow each day.

Pan

Edit: Oh and theres something really curios...those days where my nerve system did go crazy, i had some "twitches" (hope thats the right word), as if a bolt would hit me. I have this also after meditating a while, and when im totaly relaxed...suddenly i get this "twitch" again, but not softly...its really like a bolt. Im always a bit irritated then and a bit frightened...maybe its a form of relaxtion from my body, i dont have a clue!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  8. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Calcium-magnesium

I've been taking a supplement of calcium, magnesium and phosphorus for awhile. I stumbled into it some time back when I told a health food store owner of a knee problem I had been having. She told me to try calcium. I discovered that calcium is not readily absorbed by the body without the proper amount of magnesium and phosphorus. There are a few supplements out there that combine the three together.
    What I've learned here is very interesting. Although I've gotten good results with what I've been taking; it sounds like I could get even better results epidermally.
    I originally started to take it for my knees. They seem to be healed now too. However, I can always use a boost in energy.
    I just wonder if this isn't what is wrong with my #3 son; he is 9. The poor little bugger craves salt terribly bad. He will even suck on matches to get the sulfur from them. He has a great deal of trouble concentrating in school and has a lot of trouble sleeping at night.
    I still can't beat the little rascal at checkers though!! He out fox's me every time.

gus

9. Ta-tsu-wa

Ta-tsu-wa Member

No, Pan, this is not a placebo effect. Your body needs trace minerals in only very small amounts. There are about 74 essential trace minerals we need for good health. Some, like calcium, magnesium and potassium are required in higher amounts than others like selenium, boron, etc. But even these larger amounts are relatively small. Calcium, for instance, is required in amounts of around 1000 to 1200 mg. per day for most people. The most current assessments for magnesium suggest it should be taken in amounts roughly equivalent to that of calcium.

If you follow the instructions I gave for mixing up the magnesium in water, and then apply a half teaspoon of this liquid once or twice per day you will be getting the amounts your body actually needs for healthy function.

A placebo would be taking something that contained no magnesium but which you had been falsely told had magnesium in it.

I think you are confusing placebo with homeopathic, which is when you take in the actual nutrient but it is at concentrations so low as to be almost non-existent. The theory behind homeopathy is that this incredibly diluted quantity of the nutrient leaves something of its molecular imprint behind in the water, causing the water to act as if it still had the full amount of the active substance in it.

That is not what I have suggested. If you use a half teaspoon of the homemade magnesium liquid as I've suggested in the recipe I gave you will be getting substantial amounts of magnesium absorbed through your skin directly into your bloodstream and tissues. This is not homeopathy. This is significant mineral supplementation.

I strongly urge you to read and re-read the instructions as I've outlined them and ask questions to make certain you know exactly how much of the liquid to apply before you begin experimenting with it as you have been doing. If you're at all unclear about the dosage then you would be better off seeking out the advice of a qualified health care professional before you experiment any further. Minerals such as magnesium, calcium and potassium are key electrolytes your body needs in amounts that are balanced with each other. This balance is critical in order to have healthy brain function. If you go wildly overboard on one or another which is what you did when you attempted to apply the entire 100 ml. bottle all at once (that 100 ml. bottle of magnesium water held a proportionately huge amount of magnesium in it relative to the needs of your body,) you risk throwing those electrolytes out of balance which may have unpleasant, possibly serious consequences.

So make sure you really understand the instructions as I've given them or else skip the magnesium until you can get personal instruction from a knowledgeable health care professional.

10. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hi Ta-tsu-wa,

I never wrote that i used the whole 100ml at once, i even mixed only 50ml. It was the opposite, i had not enough magnesium in the water.

Curios is that since i use it, my nerve system goes crazy again. States of anxiety, even slightly panic came over me in the evening and fill me here and there today. I cannot believe this has something to do with the magnesium, that wouldnt make any sense, woult it? I´d rather think its from Lifeflow, which i used yesterday against my inner feeling the whole 40min, which made me feel unwell. Maybe i just should take things slower.

Thanks again for all the help from everyone here, its amazing.

Phil

11. Ta-tsu-wa

Ta-tsu-wa Member

Stop using the magnesium, Pan

No, Pan, it is almost certainly misuse of magnesium that has exacerbated your problems. I strongly, and I mean STRONGLY advise you to stop the magnesium IMMEDIATELY. You are not understanding the instructions and what you have done so far is not just a harmless mistake it is very, very DANGEROUS. Please, don't use any more transdermal magnesium until you get personal instruction from a qualified health care professional.

I understood you mixed up 50 ml. of solution, then you used about 10% of that (your exact words were, "I mixed now a half teaspoon in 50ml water and i wonder how i can reach as im wet like a fish and only used about 1/10 of the spraybottle...hehe." By reducing the amount of water from the 100 ml. I advised down to 50 ml. you CONCENTRATE (increase, not decrease) the amount of magnesium that's in the solution relative to the amount of water. In other words, you used about 5 ml. of solution. This is many, many, many times the amount you should have used.

Unbalancing the electrolytes in your body to the degree that you have done disrupts the proper transmission of nerve impulses in your muscles, your brain, and your heart. It may lead to seizures, heart arrhythmia, serious muscle pains due to nerve misfiring, muscle spasms, uncontrolled muscle twitching, convulsions, mental confusion, dangerous fluctuations in blood pressure, fatigue, and other serious nervous system reactions with potentially lethal consequences. You don't want to hear the entire list because it is truly frightening. I'm not exaggerating this, Pan, and you really need to stop the magnesium right away until you can get qualified guidance on its use.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  12. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Hey Pan,
    Go with your instincts...do less than the 40 minutes ) on LF10 (or did you drop back to LF9 which you were on for abit) with the volume really low.

Have you tried using the timed meditions again from the course? I am thinking of "doing a refresher" on Michael's mediation course some time in the next few days. Spanishflea and Sliccy have done pretty well on the course and I have been thinking of that since they joined since Edwin mentioned one time about checking your meditation sans LifeFlow periodically.

My friend, it is a very long journey we are on and time is our friend here :).

take care

jim

13. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hi again,

Ta-tsu-wa i just exaggerated when i said i used 1/10 of those 50ml. I just wanted to make clear that i dont understand how i should use 100ml a day, as i misunderstood. I used about 15 pumps from 50ml water with a half teaspoon (its now 1,5 teaspoons -not- tablespoons!!)
    So dont worry about me, im a big boy and if i get problems because of misused magnesium, im sure they will feel different from my well known anxiety feelings. It just seems like that they are forced sometimes with lifeflow, because before that, i felt that way only when i exaggerated the things im doing.

I just want to get further but i often dont feel my limits.

Thanks for your hint seatrend, i really should slow down (in many ways...). I only heard the meditation course once because english is not my native language and its a bit hard for me to fully understand whats beeing said. Ill try it again :)

So once again, thanks for crossing my way :)

Pan aka Phil

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  14. Edwin

Edwin Member

It's the Wiener Schnitzel's :rolleyes:

15. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Transcript of Meditation course??

To moderators.......
    By any chance is there a written transcript of Michael's CDs available to assist Pan and others to perhaps absorb the Meditation course better?

thanks in advance for any feedback

take care

jim

16. Panthau

Panthau Member

YES! But hey, you´re no better with your vanilla vla! :p

That would be probably nice. I´d have no problem to translate it if i got an english text version. I can also mostly understand whats beeing said when i listen to it, its just not 100%...so a (translated) text wouldnt be that bad! :)

Pan

17. Panthau

Panthau Member

I had a real stressful week and a much more stressful weekend. Whats interesting about that is, that i had a much more stable nerve system then id have normally. Whats even more interesting is, is the fact that i wanted to protect me, because my normal stress level was over the top, so i backed out...but always with a bit of a feeling that its not necessary. Hopefully its the magnesium :)

On the other hand, i dreamed this night that i was living with my son while my girlfriend was away for weeks and i suffered from deep depressions. Maybe a way from my subconscious to handle the stress i encountered.

18. Panthau

Panthau Member

I found a new meditating technique for me, which is about breathing out and feeling "heavy". This really works unbelievable well for me, im so deep into meditating that its now more a trance than my normal meditating sessions. Yesterday i didnt even recognize that the lifeflow sound has finished, because i was so far away hehe.

Just wanted to to mention it here.

Pan

19. Panthau

Panthau Member

Old Topic, same question. Since ive begun with lifeflow my anxiety
    has nearly dropped to 0. I feel connected again to myself, its like having a love affair with myself!

Now that im using level 10 for more then 4 months, i thought i try once again lvl9 - still with
    the same result (except that im not falling asleep anymore): it makes me totaly feel unwell and nervous. I doubt that ill ever be comfortable with it.

It seems like im not the only one with that problem. So is it only me or
    is lifeflow 9 just a bit different from the others? Had no chance to test lvl8 yet.

Thanks for your patience,
    Pan

Edit: This "technique" i wrote about in my last post is a bit weird.Im feeling like
    in trance with it but at the same time it makes me kind of nervous. I stopped using it.

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  20. drdiamond

drdiamond Member

Need Help

Hello folks

I need some help.I have been meditating using Holoync for the past year and I am on Awakening 2. I really don't want to go through really basic alpha. Can I order lifeflow from 8 downwards and how should I do it?
    Thank you