1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Ready for the next level?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Panthau, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Panthau

Panthau Member

Yes i understand seatrend and thanks for your advice!

Anyway, i dont have the feeling that i could benefit from lvl10 other than its deep relaxation.
    Because i want to go further than that, i welcome those depressions, and want to clear them up. Though i screwed down lvl9 to 20-30mins, as i feel more is too much atm.

I´ll go back to 10, when i feel overwhelmed from lvl9 - at least for the moment.

Thats me, im always asking question which i then answer myself. Who would it know better than me?
    But whats the point behind that? Insecurity? Confirmation of what i think? Didnt i get enough attention as a child? Maybe someday, i can answer those questions too *gg*

Anyway, thanks for letting me asking my needless questions. At least one point behind them is, that i think over them, after i have asked.

Pan

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

Don't worry Panthau, your questions are never needless.
    Just because you get the answers within you as soon as you ask them doesn't mean that the question wasn't needed. It just confirms that you are still connected to your "higher self" and that the answer just comes whenever needed.

You still would not have gotten these answers if you hadn't asked the questions !

And I kinda like your rambling too :p

3. soulvids

soulvids Member

Very insightful response!!! Do you think that meditation without Lifeflow IN ADDITION to Lifeflow is overkill. I am interested in trying to attain levels of meditation on my own without interrupting my progress w/Lifeflow.

Everyone in this thread answered a ton of my questions.

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hehe yes, i always got the answers before or after i asked them. That is sometimes frustrating, because most communication seemed senseless to me. People seemed so dumb around me, like lemmings.

Now, the more far i get, the more i feel like a lemming lol.

My rambling? My english is not the best, google tells me that it is "wandering around" or something?! *g*

5. Ta-tsu-wa

Ta-tsu-wa Member

Soul

I think it's an absolutely terrific idea. Your sessions without LF give you an opportunity to judge how much progress you're making with LF. And as I suggested above, it presents you with a clear indication as to when it's appropriate to move on to the next track.

Everyone is a little different in terms of the total time they can or should spend in meditation. I think if it was me I would alternate between using LF and not using it (but I'd probably spend more time using it than not,) and balance my total meditation time so that it fits into my personal schedule and needs.

For myself I like to go back and revisit the various levels of LF I've already completed. I don't think LF is a tool I'll ever outgrow regardless of how long I continue to use it.

6. Edwin

Edwin Member

Completely agree with Ta-tsu-wa, it is an excellent idea to meditate "on your own" aside LifeFlow meditations.

Actually, I kinda like the quiet meditations a lot too !

Hehe, actually rambling the way I meant it is, as they say: "He keeps rambling on".

That means something along the lines of " He just keeps talking on and on ( on a particular subject )"

And as you noticed with the :p emoticon that was just an innocent little joke :)

Greetings, your fellow Lemming :D

7. Panthau

Panthau Member

Aright :D

*scufflestowardsthenextabyss*

8. Panthau

Panthau Member

Got a question:

Im falling asleep with lvl9, like ive been awake for 30-50hours.
    I cant really fall asleep, because the sitting position prevents it.

Normally i would never fall asleep if im not as tired as described above.

In the holosync board i´ve read that this is a symptom if the brain is overwhelmed and is adapting to the binaural beats...so with the time
    you are more and more awake during the session, ´till you´re ready for the next level. Is it similar to lifeflow, or does this rather say that its better to take a step back?

Thanks!
    Pan

9. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Sleeping on LF10.....

Great question Pan!!!!

LF10 from the beginning puts me to sleep whether I am sitting or lying down. PollyAnna mentioned that if you need sleep you will fall asleep so I guess I need to extend my nightly sleep time.

I am really curious about the Holosync statement though because LF10 has a pretty defined "lose awareness" time point during my session. Therefore, I may need even longer than 2 months (at 6 week point now) on LF10 if the the Holosync statement is a general law of brain wave entrainment effect.

Pretty effective stuff any way you look at it..........:):):)

Have any of our moderators heard about the Holosync "sleep statement" that pan mentioned?

take care

jim

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  10. Panthau

Panthau Member

Its just that i never ever would fall asleep that way if i would meditate without lifeflow (as i said, this only happens if my body is TOTALY tired after 1 or 2 nights without sleep). It feels like im loosing awareness for a few seconds, until my head gets to heavy *gg*
    So i dont think it has something to do with not enough sleep (i can sleep as much as i like, and i do *lol* because im self educated). Its not just a statement on the holosync board, there are a lot users that report about this symptoms and they also say that its getting better with time, until they are full awake and aware in their holosync session.

Its obvious that its similar with lifeflow, but maybe someone has more insight in that.

Pan

Edit: This new avater pic was made near Rotterdam @ Edwin :)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  11. WeeHoo

WeeHoo Member

Holosync/falling asleep

What I remember from my time using Holosync was 1) I fell asleep during the first week or so of using a level and 2) The Holosync support materials said that this was totally normal and that it would change with time as your brain got used to the level. Also, Bill Harris made the point very strongly that if you were still falling asleep most of the time, you were NOT ready to go on to the next level. Not sure if the same is true with LF, but I wouldn't move on to another level if I were asleep during most of the present one.

12. Panthau

Panthau Member

Ah ok, thanks for this info.
    Ill watch it...i liked 10 better anyway :)

13. Panthau

Panthau Member

Now after 2 trys with lvl10, theres absolutly no falling asleep (even i slept yesterday only 5h). And it felt a lot better, lvl9 made me depressed.

So im not sure which is better, stick to 10 and feel good or go through that depression on 9 and feel then much more better *gg*

...i like running with my head against walls, that way i can see how good it feels without headache :)

Pan

14. Panthau

Panthau Member

Im still with lvl10, but i got the feeling im overwhelmed. My nerve system goes crazy, im totaly strained the whole day and depressed. Of course this must not be related to lifeflow, but im not sure now if i´d rather screw my lifeflow sessions down to 5-10mins (and meditating without for 30mins) or even stop it at all for a while.

Im going through a lot of energy releases (which means a lot of work :) ) these days while using lifeflow, so im not sure if stopping lifeflow makes sense. Im just sure that its too much for me atm.

What do you guys think?

Ty,
    Pan

15. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

it has been awhile.....

Hi Pan,

I have been wondering about how you have been doing...

Have you tried to lower the volume of LF10 to the point of almost not hearing the soundscapes as Bushmaki (gus) suggested?

However, I really think you have a good idea to reduce the time of LF10 and meditate "free run" then build up again with the LF10 time length.

Pan, my heart goes out to you for the challenge you have in your quest to heal from tramatic past experiences in your childhood. No child should ever experience what you did and I hope that over time you will take comfort in the good that does exist in this world of ours.

take care

jim

16. Edwin

Edwin Member

Just to make sure I didn't remember something wrongly, I re-read this entire thread. Reading it back, I noticed that you had trouble with LF9 after you initially had a small breakthrough. As you know, LF and meditation combined can create new neural pathways through the brain, linking your left and right hemisphere.
    These pathways can be pulled through parts of the brain that have been "disconnected" by for instance a repressed memory.

Could it be that you have had a disturbing memory while you were on LF9 ? Or an emotion that you would rather not have had ?

I can only imagine what the effects on your emotional well-being can be when a traumatic experience is brought to the surface when your entire life you have been trying to push it away. It might slam-dunk you into a depression even...

It is just a thought, maybe this isn't the problem... But if you do remember such a memory or emotion from your LF9 meditation, maybe you can try EFT or Sedona on it, clearing the path for your neural pathway to be established with LF9...

Maybe going back to LF10, or you falling asleep all the time are just tricks of your mind trying to do "evasive maneuvres", playing tricks on you so you will keep avoiding the problem, despite your meditation efforts.

Please let me know if I am on the correct path, maybe by talking inhere we can come to a solution together by a sudden stroke of insight.

We are here for you dude !

17. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hi again,

Thanks for your empathic responses.

Its just that after the lifeflow session yesterday, i was near a nervous breakdown (i had one 1,5 years ago). Before that, i was confronted with how i treat my little son (8 years), and it seems like from time to time i treat him like i have been treated in my childhood - and the emotional bomb was that i was not aware of this. I realized then how much i hate myself, my little phil within me. I hate him so much, even now after i cried so much and released with that hopefully a lot of energy, that i could scream. Maybe you can imagine how im tattered - how can i hate a little child? How could this all happen in my childhood...if i choosed that path, my higher self must be crazy *gg*

Some people have had a much more troublesome childhood than me, but they dont suffer that much from it, like i do. I thought about that, and it seems to me that im just so much aware of whats going on, and not very good at repressing things. At the age of 18 or so, as i realized how destroyed my innerself is, i promised myself that i´d work on me until all of those negative things are gone...lifeflow gives me the opportunity to face some things, and im more then glad about this...its just a peak atm i think.

Seatrend, thanks for your tip with lowering the volume...i didnt thought that this would make a difference!

Edwin you´re really committed to this forum, i wonder where you get the energy for that :)
    I switched back from 9 to 10 a few weeks ago, when i posted about lvl9. Since then im using 10 again, and came to that point where im now atm.

So im still not sure if screwing down the listening time is better then to totaly stop it. Ill try to hear to my inner voice.

Besides all that, im still trying to astral project since 4 or 5 months. Because i had not much luck with it yet, i tried several binaural beats, and the only one that helped was Robert Monroes "Hemi-Sync". But his talking all the time disturbed me, so i cutted 5mins of Wave3 from the Gateway Experience "Lift off" where only the sound from focus 12 without voice is beeing heared and made a 60min loop. I listened to it yesterday and man...i had some weird dream where i tried getting back to my body and out of sleep paralysis. Thats something big for me in that context, because normaly i sleep like a dead stone *gg*
    So if someone is interested in that track, ill upload it for you.

Thanks again,
    Pan

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  18. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Pan, I hope the following is of help to you:-

To enable you to enjoy the benefits of meditating with LifeFlow why don't you try some of the suggestions I recently made to a friend who was suffering from anxiety and panic attacks. He has done exactly what I recommended and experienced some amazing relief and results very quickly.

Before giving this advice I ran it by Michael who completely endorsed the same advice.

Now, I take no credit for this advice myself - it simply jumped out at me from the forum recently because I am a great believer in whole food natural nutrition, vitamins and minerals (absolutely would not touch chemical ones)

Check out the recent posts by Ta-Tsu-Wa (This guy is extremely knowledgable) and do the breathing exercises he recommends. Also check out any info he has given on nutrition. Here is a post of his that I have copied about Magnesium. My friend was staggered at how much calmer he felt by using the magnesium and doing the breathing exercises and now he is really enjoying meditating with Life|Flow.

If you are interested in ordering magnesium I can supply you with a reputable company.

I hope this is of help to you and I wish you peace and joy :) :) :)

"Go online and do a search for magnesium oil. It's not really oil, but it has a slippery texture on the skin so they call it oil. What you're looking for is pure magnesium chloride in a suspension of purified water. Norman Shealy makes a very good lotion with magnesium oil. You can purchase a bottle of it on Amazon.com for about $20 US currency.

There is a lot of research that suggests most of the world's population, especially in the industrialized countries, is severely magnesium deficient. Our soils are highly depleted so food contains barely a fraction of what we actually need for good health. Oral magnesium supplements are more or less useless as they pass through the body almost totally unabsorbed, some more so, some less depending on the form of magnesium used in the supplement. Magnesium chloride is the form most readily utilized by the human body.

Magnesium oil is rubbed into the skin either as the raw oil or in a combination product with a carrier like grapeseed oil or Shealy's lotion. It's absorbed transdermally through the skin so a great deal of it successfully gets into the body. In the case of the lotion I mentioned you would rub about a teaspoon of it over as much of your skin as you can get it once in the morning and once right about bedtime. Magnesium calms the nervous system, steadies the heart, causes smooth muscle tissue to relax, reduces stress and anxiety, and if you're deficient (and unless you happen to live near a mineral spring in which you bathe every day you probably are,) it will almost certainly have a positive effect on your sleep cycle.

Most people I know who try it find they experience positive benefits literally from the first time they put some on, and I mean within minutes they feel the stuff going to work. I suppose the effect depends on just how deficient you are to begin with but my own personal experience was rather startling and unexpected. Magnesium deficient bodies just drink the stuff in and respond to it almost immediately.

There is a company that mines a very pure, contaminant-free magnesium chloride crystal-flake from a 250 million year old bed about a mile underground in Germany. They sell magnesium oil but they also sell the raw magnesium crystal-flakes. They suggest you use their magnesium oil for applying to the skin and use the flakes in foot soaks like you would epsom salts (which are another, less bio-available form of magnesium,) but I've found you can get the flakes and dissolve them in purified or distilled water to make your own magnesium oil and it works just fine for only a fraction of the cost of buying prepared magnesium oil. A 6.5 lbs. container of the crystal-flakes is available for about $55 US currency here: Ancient Minerals | Ultra Pure Magnesium Oil, Magnesium Gel, Magnesium Flakes and with the small amount you will need to mix with water that much will last you for probably a year or more. It's a mineral so it never "goes bad" or loses its shelf life.

If you choose to make your own magnesium oil you might find it difficult to get exact information on the ratio of flakes to water so let me save you a lot of search time and suggest you use 1 tablespoon of the crystal-flakes in 3 oz. of purified water (about 100 ml. for you metric folks). In a small pecentage of people the mineral on their skin causes a little bit of itching or irritation. If you're one of those people then double the amount of water to 6 oz. and 1 tablespoon of crystal-flakes.

It can't hurt, will probably help, and may even solve your sleep problem, so you might want to give it a try."

19. Edwin

Edwin Member

I never knew that magnesium isn't absorbed by the body when digested.

Interesting stuff !

I also heard that Folium acid is quite important for the human body.

20. Panthau

Panthau Member

Thanx a lot for that advice polly!

I tried several vitamins and stuff like that, even
    used every day a base powder, which contains magnesium.
    Ill try that oil you suggested.

Pan