1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Reaching deeper states at will

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by kallam90, Jul 30, 2014.

1. kallam90

kallam90 Member

Hello there everyone, I learned about this community about 3 months ago and it has been of a great help to me, but I didn't find any satisfying answer to a question so I cam to ask it on here so here it is.

Can one reach deep brainwave states, eg. Theta, easier and faster at will after listening for brainwave entrainment which produces such a state frequently for a while. I recently bought Lifeflow and have the intention to reach theta and delta brainwave states alone without any external stimulation, and have read only a couple of articles that support the idea of listening frequently to brainwave entrainment for a while and then practice reaching them alone caliming that it will be so much easier. The actions I want to take according to this is complete the lifeflow meditaiton levels and then produce them at will. Before I take any actions I just wanted to make sure if this theory is true.

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Kallam and welcome to the community :)

Meditating with LifeFlow has enabled me to meditate both with and without LifeFlow. To be able to enter the meditative state on my own is wonderful and to choose particular states (with the aid of LifeFlow) allows me to rest in specific states for longer periods. Here is a piece of a post I have copied for you and if you look through the archives and golden threads I am sure you will find many, many more.

"There is often an idea that once you've been through the series you're done with it. That's just not the case. I've been consistently practicing meditation now for going on 40 years and I haven't even begun to exhaust its benefits. I achieve new insights and perceptions all the time, whether in a relatively light state of meditation as characterized by Alpha brainwaves, or whether in the deepest state of Delta. Every state of meditation contains infinite treasures. You'll exhaust a lifetime; perhaps several lifetimes without exhausting what these states have to offer.

In the beginning these periods of relative silence last only briefly, but they get longer and longer with repeated exposure to them. In time you'll probably reach a point at which you don't even need to bother with a formal meditation technique. You simply call up the feeling associated with the silence and the silence arises immediately."

I hope this helps and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

3. kallam90

kallam90 Member

Hello Pollyanna

Thank you for your answer with this wonderful info. I will be going on to complete the series from now.

Thank you again