1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Rapid Progress.. I think

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by mcgregger44, Jul 2, 2014.

1. mcgregger44

mcgregger44 New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I'm an amateur at best when it comes to meditation. I have only meditated around twenty times but I feel that I am on a good path. I usually meditate or attempt to before bed, especially when I cannot fall asleep. So far I've experienced some strange/wonderful things and I figured I would ask if anyone has endured similar events or has any ideas what this could mean.

My experiences follow a numbness and loss of the physical sensation of the body. At this stage I have no sense of the physical world and am 100% in my mind. Some of the things I've experienced are:

1. When I feel myself going deeper, a hexagonal grid pattern fills my field of vision. The shapes are connected, colorful and usually occurs in a flash before it vanishes.

2. I saw or experienced a bright light in the sky surrounded by fluffy blue clouds. I felt like I was being pulled toward it and as I got closer I felt a warm comforting feeling. Before I got into the light, I became to excited and lost concentration. To me, this resembled the typical Christian near death experience of going toward the light at the end of the tunnel.

3. I began smelling scents which I haven't smelled in years. The smell of my elementary school and childhood home filled my nostrils as I inhaled bringing on a nostalgic feeling.

4. *A side note, my boss is of Indian descent and I often speak with him about his religion and am quite familiar with the gods he believes in. I do not necessarily believe in those gods but I am aware of them*. I saw myself in a room where I was facing a throne. On the throne sat the Hindu god Ganesha, a god or goddess with an elephant head. He/she had a stoic look with crossed legs. Standing next to him was the god Shiva, also with a stoic look. Once again, as I got closer, I became too excited and lost concentration.

5. As I grew deeper into a meditative state, I clearly heard bells or chimes, pretty loudly. This startled me and for the last time, I lost concentration.

As I mentioned, I am new to meditation and the symbols or images that often accompany it. I appreciate your time and would be grateful if anyone has any constructive input on this subject matter. Thank you.

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

3. madera

madera Guest

At the beginning of meditation we experience new revelations.
    The lights you speak of is a blessing from God.
    Beautiful.
    Madera