1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Question for Michael about the new tracks

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by airportlounge, Dec 28, 2007.

1. airportlounge

airportlounge Member

Hey folks!

I noticed that optimal learning and creative flow are on their way:) I have been looking forward to these for a couple of days now. I will definitely try them out, but I'm wondering: how do they work? I remember that alpha is the primary brainwave for focus and concentration so I'm assuming the binaural waves will reflect this. As for working however, are these the waves that have been incorporated to increase focus during tasks such as reading/writing? Also, what is the most efficient way to use these, or should I just let the tracks do their work and not 'multitask'? Just some simple questions for Michael as I wait (somewhat:p) patiently to try out these tracks and see if they work for me (concentration has been a problem of mine for a few months now).

2. Michael Mackenzie

Michael Mackenzie Owner

Use of the new tracks

Hi Airport Lounge,

I noticed that you have already unlocked Optimal Learning when I looked this morning.

From what you have said in previous posts about concentration levels, Optimal Learning is the correct choice. Alpha is the entrainment level on this track.

For the best results, try listening with headphones and also over loudspeakers when you are studying, reading or working on something that requires your full focus and concentration.

One way of listening may work best for you. I personally like to listen over loud speakers, it seems to work much better for me this way. Others who have used this track prefer headphones.

I am very interested to hear your results.

Michael :)

3. airportlounge

airportlounge Member

Thanks for the reply Michael. I haven't hit the books just yet, but I'll be sure to post my results during my first trial with Optimal Learning...Thanks for the track! :)

4. cswaly

cswaly Member

Hi Michael,

I had a quick question. How long is it ok to listen to Optimal Learning? If I was studying 3-4 hours, can I have it playing continuously during that period? Is it the same for Creative Flow?

5. Michael Mackenzie

Michael Mackenzie Owner

Optimal Learning & Creative Flow

Hi Cswaly,

You are fine to listen to both of these tracks for the entire duration of your study or creative work.

If you are studying and using Optimal Learning, a good idea is to have mini meditations throughout your study. For instance, every 30 minutes or so, close your eyes and meditate for 2-5 minutes.

This will make the tracks all the more effective for you as the entrainment will work much better when you have your eyes closed for a few minutes.

You will notice the 'focused state of mind' staying with you more throughout the 30 minutes when you're actually studying!

Let us all know how you get along. Michael :)

6. Edwin

Edwin Member

I don't think having a small " tea-break " will do much harm either, nobody can study for 4 hours non-stop without discovering that your mind has wondered off.

When your mind wonders off it is a good indication that it needs to re-organise all information that you fed into your subconsious !
    Having said that, when I studied for school I had not discovered meditation yet, so maybe what I am saying does not appy anymore :eek: