1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Question About Out of Body/Meditation

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Exodus, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Exodus

Exodus Member

Hey everybody. I have been into spiritualism/meditation all my life, but anyway Ive been interested in astral travel/out of body and had the craziest experience about 15 minutes ago. Well to start off ive been meditating for years, my granny who passed away last year was very psychic and spiritual and taught me so much about it. Anyway after doing alot of reading up on it (even though i have before lots of times and tried before) tonight I decided to try to get out of my body while conscious and meet up with my dog who just died, and my grandparents. They talked me through most of it mentally. I have tried this before and usually i do not go that far, or see the same results, but this time it was crazy and id like some help/advice. Heres what went down:

I did a short prayer, then laid down in bed comfortably and relaxed/meditated for about 45 minutes, until i got the usual ringing sound, numbness, and tingling. I was mentally having a conversation with them (my spirit guides that i was going to meet) and they told me i was ready. So i tried somehow to push myself out of my body, i cant explain it but i felt it and it seemed like my heartbeat was going faster and i could feel the force of myself moving upwards, but i stopped and was usually pulled back. I tried this many times. Then, i opened my eyes for some reason, and stared blankly. There were no lights on or anything and my room was dark. But i focused and decided to try again, and the room started getting brighter and brighter. To explain it better a huge smoky white color just got brighter and brighter in my whole vision field and i could feel myself moving upwards. But at the same time, it felt like my heartbeat was going faster and faster and it did start to freak me out. But I wanted to continue so i did, and id see like small shadows move across the room, almost like a presense, and kind of hovered first on my bed and then went behind me and moved away. I saw some moving thing too, and once I saw a super bright light that looked like it was shining from the bottom of a door. But I freaked out because of all this and felt very wierd so I went back to consciousness. I still felt wierd and almost like I have a buzz off the meditation even 20 minutes after it, and i didnt feel normal.

So my question is is any of that normal? Such as the huge white light that kept getting brighter and brighter? My granny told me that she would stare at an area and a film would go over her eyes, but I dont know if that is what she was talking about. Also is the speeding heartbeat just a feeling or is it real? And if so was I meditating too hard/fast? Well there are a billion other questions I have about this session I just had so if you have any explanations for any of them or have any advice Id really appreciate it.

2. karen659

karen659 Member

Hi Exodus! I don't usually have time to respond to other posts here at PM but for some reason I felt compelled to read through the posts and saw yours that I need to answer.

I have been traveling OOB for a few years now (see my posts under 'karen659' if you haven't already) and can allay your concerns about much of what you are experiencing.

It is all normal, as every person will have their own individual response to this experience based upon their emotions, beliefs, and expectations. From what I have read, you indeed have been able to get to the separation stage, as you have your 'astral vision' opening when you 'intend' to see clearer, and the lights you see are a part of this experience.

What you have to do now, is when you are aware of separation, is to control your emotional responses to any events. ANY fear or intense emotional reaction (except for the 'love' emotion) will almost always put you back in your body.

You have to KNOW that anything you encounter OOB WILL NOT harm you, and it won't. You need to keep an even keel and steady control of your responses to any events - that way you are able to remain OOB longer to practice navigating this realm. Remember, 'thoughts are things' all over, but SO much more so in the astral!! Control your thoughts, fear, emotions, and you will move forward in your experiences!

Also, the fast heartbeat you feel...it is QUITE normal and is mentioned many times in many books by many authors...again, you need to just breathe into it, let it go, and KNOW you will NOT be harmed!!

Keep me posted as to how you do...my blog is accessible on my posts on the 'site' button....email me anytime!

Hope this helps...
    Karen

I wish I had seen this post MUCH earlier! My apologies for the late response...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009