1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Question about LifeFlow

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by bdenning, Feb 25, 2008.

1. bdenning

bdenning Member

During the last couple of sessions using LifeFlow10, I've had some disturbing feelings, almost scary. To use the word "frightening" is too strong, but it is strange. What's up with that and will it go away? I know I've read about this earlier from others, but couldn't locate the posts.

2. methetate

methetate Member

My first post

yes I have experienced the same. Life flow 10 sometimes makes me feel great but sometimes pulls out and makes me confront latent fears that I do not want to confront. it is fearsome. maybe it is an indicator, at least for me, that i have to confront these and not pretend they are not there.

3. Peaceful Warrior

Peaceful Warrior New Member

This should help you understand

Take a look at micheal's article on resistance.

Click here

This should explain. I highly recommend you look through all these articles.

Good info that will put your mind at rest.

PW ;)

4. farrell7

farrell7 Member

You can do it!

[/FONT]
    Confront your fear, nothing can happen to you. I know it will be hard, it was for me, but now I know I have nothing to fear. Its just challenging for your brain to let go,but you can do it, and when you do you will feel so much better, and so will the meditation.(Farrell7);)

5. bdenning

bdenning Member

Thanks for the encouragement. Any idea where these frightening feelings (almost evil feeling) are coming from? Will I ever really know; even when I let them go?

6. bdenning

bdenning Member

Thank you! I do need to confront these upsetting moments; I'm just so surprised by them and how "uncomfortable" they are.

7. sheryll

sheryll Member

I've had the same experience too - sort of a feeling of foreboding while listening. I also started feeling very anxious and irritable after meditating, so I stopped using the LifeFlow and went back to meditating without it. It took several days before the calm, peaceful feelings returned, but eventually (thankfully!) they did. So I tried it again...same thing happened :(. Perhaps it was too much, too soon, but now I'm a little afraid of trying again! I do find it reassuring that others have experienced this, and managed to work their way thru it, so I'll give it another go....but not just yet.

8. methetate

methetate Member

I think

one of the problems with saying just confront them is that someone like me thinks that meditation might be a way to learn how to confront them. If meditation only brings out issues one cannot deal with then I don't know how to view this meditation experience as positive. However, lifeflow 10 has also brought to me some wonderful moments where I can really concentrate when it is on. Somehow I feel better without headphones than with headphones.
    Maybe as Michael said one should not go into meditation with certain expectations and rather be open about the process.

9. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there, I have used the whole series of LifeFlow and understand now how to simply observe and not resist. It is your own resistance that is causing you the discomfort. I didn't realize how much anger and fear I suppressed and have now let go of.

My life has been completely turned around with so many benefits. I am so much happier and healthier and I sleep well. The following may help you:-

As with any meditation, if we let ourselves look inwards with a lack of involvement, this will enable us to observe our individual patterns of resistance.

Meditation helps us to gradually release backlogs of stress and suppressed emotions. In order to do this, suppressed emotions will at some point be brought to the surface during meditation to allow them to be released. With this in mind, you may occasionally feel irritable and restless or agitated during meditation. If this happens it means you are resisting something. It isn’t the actual suppressed emotion that is making you feel like this; it isn't LifeFlow that is causing this; it is the resistance itself that is causing the discomfort.

Always remember whenever you feel any discomfort in meditation, it simply means you are resisting and it is the resistance itself that is causing the discomfort.

The solution to resisting is to simply and unemotionally observe your thoughts and feelings with unattached curiosity. Simply accept whatever thoughts and feelings you experience, and just observe them, unemotionally. Just be aware of them and watch them with great curiosity and indifference. When you consciously and calmly observe anything that does not serve you well it will simply fritter away.

For the majority, meditation becomes a wonderful part of life bringing endless benefits. For a small percentage of people who have suffered severe trauma when they were young and cannot face old memories or feel extremely anxious I highly recommend using the Sedona method alongside LifeFlow Meditation. Read about the Sedona Method by clicking here.

Meditation cultivates the inner observer, and by observing this process we can realize a whole range of ingenious possibilities of dealing with each situation in life instead of resisting and suffering. Hope this helps, happiness and joy

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  10. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there,copied this for you from "The Good Life"
    Whatever you experience during meditation is coming from your unconscious mind; from within you, and your tendency to resist or allow what is happening, to release your backlogs of stress and suppressed emotions. Whatever happens for you is the right way for you to clear away the built up debris and enjoy inner peace, happiness, self-awareness and so much more.

I want to make sure you don't get side-tracked and fall into the trap of thinking the purpose of LifeFlow meditation is for the experience you have while listening to the various levels.

You may experience euphoria and bliss and expect this to happen every time.

On the other hand, you may experience, (as a small percentage of people do), feelings of discomfort, anxiety, fear or even headaches and mistakenly think that LifeFlow is causing this. LifeFlow is a stimulus, but the reaction (bliss or discomfort) always comes from within you.

I want to remind you about something really important!
    Most people don't like change and feel threatened by it. They feel comfortable and safe just the way they are - even if this way does not serve them well.

When change occurs, fear and the resistance to change follow - even if it appears obvious that some benefits would be gained.

Whenever people resist something, they inescapably experience discomfort and suffer. Always remember whenever you feel any discomfort in meditation, it simply means you are resisting and it is the resistance itself that is causing the discomfort.

The solution to resisting is to simply and unemotionally observe your thoughts and feelings with unattached curiosity. Simply accept whatever thoughts and feelings you experience, and just observe them, unemotionally. Just be aware of them and watch them with great curiosity and indifference. When you consciously and calmly observe anything that does not serve you well it will simply fritter away.
    Hope this helps. I wish you happiness and joy :) :) :)

P.S. What kind of meditation are you using with Lifeflow 10?

11. spiritscapes

spiritscapes Member

Comes from within?

Read the experiences on using LifeFlo 10, which brought a number of questions to mind for me....if anyone can help would appreciate. I have not yet listened to LifeFlo but sure sounds similar to a demo cd I sent for a couple yrs ago called Hemisync. This was the most beautiful sound I have ever heard and the first time I had really Totally relaxed during meditation. I felt so happy and truly wonderful about everything. This euphoria lasted about a day and then I became so very angry........where that come from? angry is a very mild word for what I felt.......Rage....scary...could feel it rising, then became severely depressed. I am not a depressed person or at least I never thought I was. So depressed I didn't want to live.......What the heck? I thought about what was happening , about some major life changes that had been occurring in my life. At that time would have said bad changes but realize now they really were not. I have not ever listened to that cd again although I have thought about it and am drawn to it........the sound... so peaceful......so ok I'm afraid to. There I said it. Afraid and still constantly drawn wanting more. Am I strong enough to just let go and observe or will I get caught up in this deep depression again? That finally after 2 days was lifted which was truly by divine guidance.......and thats another story. Really would like to hear from others and am excited about Lifeflo10 ....I'm a scaredy cat. spiritscapes

12. Michael Mackenzie

Michael Mackenzie Owner

LifeFlow speeds up your meditation progress

LifeFlow is a powerful meditation accelerator. It gets you to your destination faster than any other meditation technique I know of.

All these uncomfortable feelings and thoughts that are coming to the surface of your mind are coming from within and in order for you to benefit and move on you MUST observe and 'let go' of these negative emotions and thoughts.

This is the beauty of meditation, it allows you to release all these negative thoughts and feelings so you can move ahead and really live your life at a whole new and exciting level.

If you're having too much discomfort to deal with I suggest you stay with 'Discover Meditation' to begin with and keep your meditation sessions @ 5 minutes. You can then double your sessions as you feel ready.

The Sedona Method is a fantastic tool for helping you 'let go' and I highly recommend this system by Hale Dwoskin.

Michael :)