1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Question about hearing

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by ontology, May 3, 2014.

1. ontology

ontology Member

Hi
    I have been using binaurals for a while and I started with Lifeflow 10.
    I noticed that I do not really "hear" either the binaural or the mononaural beats. I can only hear the pulses of the isochronic beats...
    It is not about the volume, or my hearing. My hearing is perfectly ok.
    I guess that I the beats are hidden or buried under the sound of water...
    Is that going to affect my results?
    thank you very much
    O

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

No it won't effect the results. You don't need to consciously 'hear' the beats for them to be effective. The brain will pick up the subtle sounds and combine them to create the beats and thus be entrained by them, without you having to be aware of them.

Also, what you're hearing as isochronic beats may also be the other beats, though it's not going to be obvious which are which.

Often people are distracted by the beats, some thinking they can hear they heart beating etc., and the advice is usually to turn the volume down till the lifeflow track is barely audible... as the beats will still be effective.

Hugs

Giles

3. ontology

ontology Member

this is so helpful. I was under the impression that one needed to hear the sounds in order to benefit from them, but I guess I was wrong. As a matter of fact, I thought that the effects were a kind of "placebo effect".
    I use to make binaurals myself using the gnaural program, and I paid attention to the beats as a form of training my attention.
    I like practicing mindfulness and let myself go with the sounds of the first level of lifeflow.
    thanks a lot!
    O