1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Psychedelic Experience

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by laurenagogo, Feb 16, 2008.

1. laurenagogo

laurenagogo Member

I started meditating just a few months ago to relieve stress and help with sleep. I only learned of this community last weekend. The first two times I listened to Life Flow 10 I had quite visual experiences that varied from gentle relaxing images to a rapidfire of images. For example, I experienced a group of mosaic tiles in front of me that moved gently together as a school of fish, but would never quite turn so that I could see the image that they made together as a group. A moment later the images gave way to a rapidfire of color explosion firing off in all directions. This exeperience happened while I had the sensation of floating above my body. I was not put off by what I considered to be relatively intense experiences - they were very "deep". The odd thing is that I have not experienced anything remotely similar to this over the course of this week, but my mediations have been relaxing. I just thought I'd put this out there to see if any else has had similar experiences. Cheers.:)

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there, just wondered what kind of meditation you are using with Lifeflow 10? I'll look out for your answer, happiness and joy :) :) :)

3. jonesgs

jonesgs Member

Hi Pollyanna. While visiting my friend (laurenagogo) I visited the PM site and accidentally entered my experience under her login name. She recently joined the community after I told her about it, but the experience described below is all mine.

Until finding the PM community I was practicing Zazen (breathing based) meditation for a couple months. My experience below was based on a hybrid of breathing and mantra based meditation. After the initial intense response to LifeFlow 10, and reading some other posts, I have moved towards ~5minutes of deep breathing based meditation in silence and then turn on Life Flow 10 and move to the mantra based meditaation. The experience has been relaxing and I go into a deep transe much more rapidly than either method in the absence of LifeFlow 10. There have often been plenty of colorful visuals, but nothing as intense as the rapidfire color explosions that I described below. Have you had similar experiences?