1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Postcard on the way back from the edge

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Coenrad Morgan, Oct 28, 2008.

1. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Keith I thoroughly enjoyed your writings in particular the story about Ann - she sounds very special. I am a great believer in nutrition, although I will only use live nutrition (not chemical)

I equally enjoyed "The Invitation" and other pieces Coenrad. You really hit a chord with me when you wrote the following piece:-

"We live in a competitive environment, many of us, less resources, less food, less money. The mass media will tell a young woman that she needs to be blond, look like someone the UN Food Aid Agency needs to find and save, just skin and bones. She needs to have long legs up to her armpits, perfect skin, full lips, fuller breasts, why, because if she thinks she’s okay (which she is), why would she buy the products on offer?

As for the young woman, she learns to look in the mirror and compare herself to the pictures in a magazine, pictures of woman who have spent hours in make-up, then onto hair, then photographed under perfect lighting from just the right angle, with the photographers guidance, she has all day to make that perfect impression, the young woman and the rest of us need to deal with the 30 seconds it takes for people to make up their minds about us. She learns to feel inadequate, as a result she tries to fit (she’s a herd animal – Homosapien) in by giving more than she should, being everything to everybody, but then the next magazine is on offer with a “more beautiful” woman on the cover. She believes in her inadequacy, never learns the truth of who, or what she is and can be, she settles for the nothing she is worth, mixes with people who support and enforce that belief, believing that she is lucky to have friends. Over time, through the negative enforcement of others, the prophecy fulfills itself, she believes she’s invisible, no one would notice if she where gone, if not for the child or children, she would give up, even consider standing in queue “A”, waiting to hand in her meat suit before her time."

Magazines like that make huge money and so they will continue to produce them - we simply have the choice to not support such damaging articles by not buying the trash ;) oooh a bit of passion is coming up! As long as this girl habitates this meat suit I'll always live with passion - as someone once wrote "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything" Besides I like this meat suit while I have it :) and as long as I do I'll choose a better way to live. My own way. I learned from someone a long time ago if the herd is going south the best direction to go is North then you don't learn to baaa :eek:(Oh that sounds really harsh and it isn't meant to :()

Anyway thank goodness for LifeFlow and the inner peace and confidence it brings - I am so pleased you are enjoying it too:) I really believe meditation with LifeFlow will create inner peace, health, wealth, happiness and longevity so it is most important for us all to make that special time each day - we all deserve it :)

I also believe we can help ourselves with good affirmations and the gratitude exercise to change some negative thinking patterns. When we are not planting good seeds in our mind, the weeds grow effortlessly. On top of that our sub conscious mind, as you said before cannot tell the difference between what we watch and reality so we need to be good doorkeepers to the mind. Changing a few habits can make a massive difference in the long run.

Edwin I think it's me that doesn't often watch the news although I am not in denial. I just choose not to - I just watch enough to be aware of what's going on in the world. If i didn't watch it at all, I'd still know what's going on because many people would inform me anyway - especially if it's bad news - it's sad I know but it's human nature.

I believe one of the finest things we can teach our children by example is to watch selective television. There was a time long ago when I would come home from a job I didn't like, cook tea and watch the box! I did that week after week and I was totally uninspired. I would even watch the same news TWICE :eek:

Then one night I dragged myself off the couch to a business meeting and listened to someone talk about opportunities and how we can achieve anything we choose. He said he offered many people the opportunity to have abundance and he struck me with the following sentence "If You all sit in a row and I offer you a delicious meal on a plate, some of you will refuse it because you are not hungry, some of you will take it and nibble at it and some of you will leave a bloody stump. When he came to me I bit his hand off!
    NOT LITERALLY OF COURSE. He gave me a flicker of hope and the rest is history.

The following became one of the great driving forces that I chose to live by:-

"If you want a thing bad enough."

"If you want a thing bad enough to go out and fight for it, to work day and night for it, to give up your time, your peace, and your sleep for it . . . if all that you dream and scheme is about it, and life seems useless and worthless without it . . . if you gladly sweat for it and fret for it and plan for it and lose all your terror of the opposition for it . . . if you simply go after that thing that you want with all of your capacity, strength and sagacity, faith, hope and confidence and stern pertinacity . . . if neither cold, poverty, famine, nor gout, sickness nor pain, of body and brain, can keep you away from the thing that you want . . . if dogged and grim you beseech and beset it, with the help of Almighty God, you WILL get it!" -- Les Brown

2. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Hi Chris, Edwin, & Coenrad,
    Thank you for your words of concern and support. These last three or four days I've been running on only about five hours of sleep a night. I'm pretty physically tired. I was so excited to post my ideas and a "chapter" from my life story yesterday. It took me a while but finally I figured out how to find and post pictures that matched what I experienced in this story. I felt pretty darn good about what I had put together. I wanted so bad to share AND there was a part of me that feared rejection.

I don't know if any of you have read The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. One of the agreements that is so pertinent to this situation is:

Don't Take Anything Personally
    Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

Anyway, I'm still learning. I was so excited to share that I had posted a very personal story here with someone whose opinion apparently matters a lot to me. She said that she had just seen a special on TV about how you really have to be careful about the information you share in blogs and in forums. Anyway, I got concerned, and that's one reason why I deleted my story.

The other reason is because I don't want to post anything here that distracts from the overall purpose of this forum. I feel I am a "guest" in someone else's home. After I had posted my story yesterday, I read in a separate thread that a number of months ago "Divinitywolf" had suggested that perhaps there could be a separate area on this forum for people to share poetry and stories. I'm not sure what the consensus on this matter was at that time or is now. If Michael or Jodie or whoever makes these decisions decides that a section of this forum for sharing original poetry and stories would be appropriate and consistent with the purposes of this forum, then I would feel so honored to be able to share some of my writings that are so very close to my heart.

Sometimes there is a part of me that feels so alone. I know that I've never met any of you in person, and yet I've felt a kinship and love here that I haven't felt in a long time. Thanks for listening. As always, --Keith :)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  3. Edwin

Edwin Member

Thank you Pollyanna for that insight. I like the thought of being a "doorkeeper" to the subconcious.

I am sure you didn't think of my post about watching the news as critisism since we know each other well enough for that by now, but just to be sure... You didn't right ? ;)

Reading back I realise that the post might come across judgemental towards the person who doesn't watch the news, in this case you as you responded, while it was meant only as a way to clarify what I was going to say next.

When it comes to mindlessly accepting all the images being fed into our brain through the media, I totally agree with you that conciously filtering what to take in is a smart thing to do.

There is what I meant to bring across, the vision I have on "good" and "bad" nowadays. I think good or bad are labels that we tend to place on everything way too soon. Life, in all it's brilliant forms, basically comes down to energy. The LOA affirms this. Just like the Universe doesn't judge, it simply delivers what you ask for yourself, I am a strong believer that there is no such thing as "good" or "bad" energy.
    Everybody thinks that a terrorist is "bad" or "evil".
    I think that terrorist is me, but a series of events in his life has disconnected him from his true purpose. He is the one that is really lost, because I have lost a brother when he disconnected from Love. The unfortunate ones who's life he ended are still connected with Love. This is why I have to be compassionate with "my enemy", who is "bad"
    Hehe, I intentionally watch the news twice nowadays. The first time, the news is fed into my mind the way the reporter brings it. From painbody to painbody so to speak.
    Through commercial breaks, I get time to look at my reaction to what I have been presented. By the time the news comes by the second time, I will have come to grip with certain things, and the news will have a different meaning to me. It basically is what you do: being a "doorkeeper" to the subconcious.

To use an analogy:
    You have a sticker on your door saying 'No junkmail please'

I sit down every day with all the junkmail, read it through twice, and throw away what I don't need.

Both ways are right, because we are both different people. And I keep repeating, the fact that we are all different was meant as a blessing ! :)

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

Keith, I agree with your friend that you should be carefull with this stuff in public forums. Especially since it can be read without logging in.

If you intend to use this story in your book, I think you made a wise choice to delete it. It will make lots of things easyer for you when it will come out.

If it is meant only for inspirational purposes in this forum, please, keep inspiring as brilliantly as you did with your story about Ann !
    I will certainly order your book if there are more stories like that one in there !

5. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

keith,

Yes Keith, it seems people will use any number of things against a person these days. Besides, there are a lot of kooks out there too.

Yes Keith I feel it too. I'm not sure what it is . . . if it is the entrainment . . . or maybe it is the type of person drawn to something like this. In any event, we all seem to be boiling over with emotions of all kinds and as we share these little parts of ourselves with
    one another we become closer and closer.

Sometimes during the day I get the feeling I am watching some kind of movie that is going on around me. I am somehow involved in it but not the extent that I've got much invested . . . mostly just an observer. Every once in awhile someone will say something to me and I feel obligated to respond but many times I'm not real sure who answers, although it comes from the mouth I percieve to be my own.

Yikes, did I just type that!!!

I hope my wife isn't watching; she'll take my CD's away!!!

gus

6. Coenrad Morgan

Coenrad Morgan Member

Thank you Pollyanna

Hello Pollyanna

A friend of mine, that 5 year relationship I spoke of, my "sister" today, comes from a selfish and utterly disfunctional family, has had a very hard road leading her to today, she was 120kg at the time we lost our child, she's a little over 5 feet tall. Today she has had another child (no, nothing to do with me), has to fend for herself (with a little help from her friends), gets minimum wage, no credit for the hours she puts in at work, comes home to a 2 year olds tantrums. Despite that, she laughs easily and with her whole heart, is an incredible mom, has lost almost a third of the weight, she is testiment to the spirit of a woman who wont quit, despite being in her 30's now and wondering if she will find a partner, that doesnt stop her from throwing herself into yet another Daniel Steele romance novel, magazines dont show that sort of courage or spirit,and those sort of stories are also not on the news Edwin was talking about, but thats whats beautiful, thats what prompted the rambling which lead to "depression 2". If you see a picture of Mother Terresa, you will note that beauty is not always pretty, as woman or humanity goes for that matter, who in living memory was more or equaly beautiful than her, very few.

Keith, your okay, where okay, I learned that recently from Bhavya.....after reading your piece, I wanted to meet Anna.....you know you want to, you know you have to....that "big music's" coming through you, when will you write is all that remains....:)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  7. Coenrad Morgan

Coenrad Morgan Member

EDWIN - help my asseblief

Hi Edwin,

Given that your a moderator, your keyboard Kung-Fu's pretty good, you may be able to help.

I want to give Rachel something, put an image in my post to her, the post editor only provides an option to retrieve an image from a Http source.....how do I get an image from a local drive added to my post....any idea, I've tried the tech support threads....cant seem to find what I need to know?

Would be most grateful to you.

8. Edwin

Edwin Member

Ben er mee bezig, komt er aan

Can't find anything on the matter yet tho

*Edit

This forum is a vBulletin board.
    There may be an option in it to attach files from your hard drive, but in this forum it has been turned off for normal users. This means it can't be done :(
    I suggest you post the image on a public photoalbum ( there are a lot of good free ones like Google's Picasa ) and link back from there.

9. Coenrad Morgan

Coenrad Morgan Member

Baie Dankie Edwin

Keith,

No I have not met you in person, and yes I consider you to be a friend, no I am not nearly as rooted in the Christian tradition as you are and no that isnt a judgement on neither me nor you. But I know that your moving from the flok seeking the shepard weighs heavily on you (if I read between the lines correctly), this in turn, weighs heavily on me, I dont like to see you burdon under a weight, so heres something I pulled off my bookshelf.........it might be the link you need between your beloved and beautiful spiritual tradition and meditation -

Meditation - author Grace Cook - ISBN 0-85487-032-6

She is an English mystic (1892 - 1979)and writter, a channel and firmly rooted in the Christian teaching, I dont know why but feel that this little book may help, so go poke around in the bookstore where the crystal wearing hippys hang out....flip through it, decide for yourself....worth a try..your not sleeping much anyway so there's more time to read, maybe be uplifted?

10. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Edwin, you probably hit a button but don't worry because you helped me to deal with what I am working on at the moment which is being assertive :eek:

We all pre-judge and I am still practising being aware of this fact.

I believe there are good and bad emotions and good or bad thoughts trigger these and this is why our emotional guidance system is a wonderful gift.

I believe we all have to take responsibility for our actions and it is wrong to harm another either verbally or physically.

I agree, I don't think anyone is intentionally cruel or bad and this is why meditation with LifeFlow is vital for everyone to release negative supressed emotions that do such harm to so many.

The poem "Children learn what they live" is so very true. Families who are abusive create more and more abuse and it carries on into following generations. There are generations of families who live on welfare, never having enough to survive on and as that is all they focus on the children grow up believing that's all they are worthy of. We need to help others break these self imposed limitations and break free.

I choose what I open my door to.

The question is Edwin where do you throw it? Here we don't have a choice because it all gets stored in the sub-conscious :eek:

We all have the gift of choice - may we all make the best choices to move forward and live happy, healthy, peaceful lives, helping, encouraging and hopefully inspiring others less fortunate :) :) :)

11. Edwin

Edwin Member

Asseblief Coenrad ;-)

Agree Pollyanna, and sorry for pushing that button, I didn't know it was "hot" ;)

It's strange how two persons can have such different views on essential parts of their lives, and yet be able to " walk through the same door " as a Dutch saying so nicely describes.

It does learn me something vital:
    There are several ways to reach your goal, and we all walk our own.
    If someone in the forum has a problem, and I try to fix it by showing what works for me, that person might very well still choose another way, because it appeals to them more. And in the end, they may or may not have a short-cut, but we all arrive where we want to be when it is time for it.

Still, it was an eye-opener to exchange information with you, comparing routes so to speak :) I still think my route is best for me, and you like your route better, but I am sure we will see each other when we get there :)

12. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Thanks Edwin, I appreciate your comments and agree with you. We all have different maps of reality and as long as they are constantly improving and growing we will all achieve what we came here to achieve and then maybe we can happily just BE :)

Here's something I read a long time ago that helped me understand how easy it is to misunderstand each other when communicating. When you read it put the emphasis on the underlined word in each same sentence. Have fun :) :) :):-

I NEVER SAID SHE STOLE THE PURSE

13. Aja

Aja Member

Hey Conrad

The place and time of our birth leaves an imprint on our being that marks who we are and it is part of our journey to discover this as we develop. We all come into being from the 'pure stuff' of the cosmos and then just as we're "spanked" we meet the world and the rocks and stones that test and stress the young chute of our self reaching for the light of the Sun.

There is no question that you are well suited for meditation and that it will be infinitely helpful to you... the parental arrangement suggested by you chart appears to be challenging with an absentee father (no need to share), or perhaps he was there and unavailable or so tyranical or any combination of these that the experience of the father figure imploded on your self worth. The mother in this situation would ascend in authority and be smothering but often times it is outside the awareness of the individual with these measurements.

One of the things that jumps out at me is the suggestion here that there is a tendnecy to be pushed around taken advantage of or even victimized somehow by experience in the world. Interestingly, these tendencies can be brought on by leading with the chin as it were... almost inviting the chaos... so we usually want to discover why... as you meditate and quiet the mind revelations may tie back to your early childhood that will now let you untie the knots...

Technology is a very good outlet... so too creativity... in addition healing and alternative health venues may appeal to your sensitivities as you learn to modulate the tendency of widely swing from euphoria to meloncholy and come to an even keel you can help others who stuggle with the same.

The Idealism construct is very potent here. When the Ideal is not met in reality it dissappoints. This is why some individuals develop relationships with ethereal and saintly beings who never reveal their faults to us and why they find it much more difficult to RELATE to other in the real world. Become aware of this for yourself and use the guided meditations to point the way....

As you come to know calmness in your mind and that it is connected to a LARGER mind you prose will become more concentrated and directed (and you will have to work at this). I have now doubt that your voice will become public ....

Keep writing and looking for publishers... it may spawn a move next year... '05-'06 was gruelling and the death you experienced gave birth to the new and vibrant you coming to life. A crescendo of sorts is on the horizon in the Spring of '10.... there is much work for you to do and the meditation practice will be an instrumental ingredient as to how much and how quickly it will manifest....

Best wishes to you Conrad adn I apologize for the delayed response as I only just now saw your post...

Be Well,

Tim

14. Edwin

Edwin Member

I NEVER SAID SHE STOLE THE PURSE ;)

15. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Coenrad, the lady you speak of sounds like she is a woman of great spirit, substance and endurance and I admire her qualities as I do your own. I wish you both and the little one an abundance of peace and joy :) :) :)

P.S. Michael is bringing out something very soon that may be of great help to you both - I cannot say more yet but just wait and see. Opportunity is lying latent all around us even in the credit crunch or recession.

16. Coenrad Morgan

Coenrad Morgan Member

AJA - your intense, like a laser - cut through my Bull...I meant Buffalo Pats

Hello Aja,

I dont know if you terrify or amaze me....maybe a bit of both.

Yes, my father was distant and we didnt connect, he left at 11 to persue other interests, on the upside, the other interest meant I have a half brother whom I really like. I have as I became older shown one trait that is my fathers, that of seperating myself and being distant, I am aware of it and manage that by being upfront about my need to be alone occasionaly and to be fully present when with someone.

As for the Mom, yes, Super single Mom, didnt really appreciate what she had to cope with until I had my own first heartbreak, that made it easy to forgive any mis-steps she may have taken with me, 6 months shattered me and made it hard to cope, she coped having lost 25 years......the woman has brass ones, I really respect her and other single moms as a result.

Artistic...yes

Alternative healing....very interested in QUi-Kung, Reiki....never was before, but its rising from somewhere...

Idealistic...yes, I need to aim high but have learned that what i want and appreciate what I get..... a deep loving kiss may not be a lifetime....but hey, better than never having got it.

There was some sort of triangle in my chart, cant remember what the story was...long time ago.

Given your accuracy, which i admit is impressive, your alternative healing practice (if I recall your banker / healer profile ) must be very effective.

Aja, I AM GRATEFUL to you, i know how much time the calculations you make take, thank you for affording some of your time, i appreciate that time = life.

As for the writting...would be nice, as for meditation, YOUR DEAD ON, it really is helping me in a very short time regulate myself and interests and the right people are popping up out of nowhere....

I appologise for the spelling...not my computer...no spell checker

Thank you sincerely

17. Coenrad Morgan

Coenrad Morgan Member

Hi Pollyanna - There's Gold Dust in the air

Hello Our Queen,

Yes, she's really something as woman go she would take on a tank for her child and probably win...always amazes me...we have grandmothers here raising their grand children who are orphaned by HIV/AIDS....and they have it hard but they look up to the heavans with faith and keep going....Amazing, seen birds distract a cat to lead it away from the nest....monkeys band around to fend off a leopard, matriarcal elephant cow take on a larger bull to defend her herd...as a child, my uncle in Namibia went to shoot a cow, they made a circle around the calves, they knew what was coming BUT THEY STOOD, I was 5 maybe 6, I never forgot that.....females are truely impressive....unless your a praying mantis....getting your head bitten off literaly to protect the gene pool is a bit much......:) (note to self, ask current love interest if she bites)

18. Coenrad Morgan

Coenrad Morgan Member

Edwin

HEY....PollyAnna gets an apology for you pushing buttons.....:mad:

where's my apology....I have this big red....oh, not a button, shafe mark...on my forehead...huhmmm..my mistake....carry on as you where....(is there a back exit out of this forum?)...:(

19. Aja

Aja Member

Conrad

What a delightful note... honestly it was a "horse back view" as I am here to share my experiences regarding meditation and just saw an opportunity to try and help... Thanks for the feed back and I hope it is helpful to you on your journey through your burgeoning practice of meditating...

I apologize for jumping on the 'writing' signature instead I should have suggested communication... ie muptiple media outlets etc marrying your techno savvy... I was going quckly and suppose I projected a tad...

The triangle 'thing' you heard of in the past is called a Grand Trine... yours involves Mar which is very strong in your chart, Saturn retrograde (which keyed me into the relatinship you exerienced with your father) and the Midheaven. It feels like there is a closed circuit of self sufficiency present and that you are potentially a person who can handle the practical world very well... what's practical become a defense for not feeling... and again meditation can get you back in touch with feelings that burried very very deep... a therapist might end up smply wrestling with you around ideas and never get down into it... your thoughts go in before they come out and aren't necessarily emotionally charged... (so much Air). Anyway, find your Voice and Medium and bring it out to the world... people love you and YOU ARE loveable despite bumps that callosed over...

Truth is terrifying at first and especially the part about being loveable...

Have an awesome day

Tim

20. Coenrad Morgan

Coenrad Morgan Member

AJA - 2 thumbs up and a toe,( need the other foot to stand on, sorry)

I'm here for the same reason and to crash test and report from a newby's perspective, things go a little off track around here once in a while but alot of good stuff seems to come from the chaos and strong bonds formed - its all good.:)

Your once again correct about suppression of emotions - Meditation has made a great difference in a very short time, I am determined to keep it going.

The force is suprisingly strong with you...:)

Thank you once again
    Most sincerely
    Coenrad