1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Postcard on the way back from the edge

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Coenrad Morgan, Oct 28, 2008.

1. chris063

chris063 Member

Po the Great

I understand completely where you are coming from here, but do you not think that maybe the journey itself could prove to be an enlightening and life-enhancing experience in itself? I dont know how other people see this, but it bothers me that fixing on achievement of a single goal such as enlightenment, whatever that is, might mean you overlook other wonderful things which might happen along the way and risk becoming discouraged if what you want doesn't happen, or doesn't happen quickly enough? I have things which I know I would like to happen, but I've made a conscious decision to settle in for the long haul, no rush and in the meantime I'm just planning on staying as present as possible while watching out for any positive changes. Not really sure I could handle much else at the moment anyway, but that is obviously just me! I don't mean to discourage you in the slightest, just been made wary of setting myself up for disappointment in the past. Who was it that said don't forget to stop and take the time to smell the roses? Small things can be beautiful too!

Yeah you can't beat sound advice from a good legend :D

Yes I follow unashamedly in the pawprints of the great and mighty Po. To not work to change for the better is no longer an option for me. Noodles with that 'secret ingredient' really is the only dish of choice now. ;)

Now there's a challenge I'm delighted to take you up on!! You head off to find enlightenment and I'll be right behind you searching under all the stones for the secret behind the great Wuxi Finger Hold (I seem to remember it leaves behind quite a mess..?!) Right, time for another session of LifeFlow focusing on my new mantra... 'what is the secret..' :D

Seriously though, my own experience is that it is the uncontrolled thoughts in your mind which are the only thing preventing you from finding peace. The minute they stop there is peace. What else can there be? I found that for me the exercise of focusing on your inner energy stops those thoughts in their tracks. The calm from the meditation is a bonus. :)

2. Coenrad Morgan

Coenrad Morgan Member

a journey of a 1000 miles starts with the first step

Chris,

You sure your Po, maybe a little of Master Oogway, all the characters in our lives are supposedly a reflection of self, ultimately they are all us....you'd make a good carpenter given your gift for hitting the nail on the head..and the occasional concrete cave man....baffle me with logic...sneaky move..very effective!

“One can not reflect in streaming water. Only those who know internal peace can give it to others.” - lao Tzu - he had you pegged...thank you for your clarity.

“Knowing others is wisdom; Knowing the self is enlightenment; Mastering others requires force; Mastering the self needs strength”, “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be”,“At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.” - Lao Tzu - strange how your words reflect what I am currently studying on the way between here and there....dont you think?

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting." - the Buddah

Your so right chris, but from my foxhole perspective right now, I am in a hurry to move forward to where I can focus on every footstep and the roses along the path....currently, anywhere is better than here but I also know its all in my hands.....Enlightenment may be lofty, but rather aim high than low, because you always get what you expect, so dont aim for what you expect and see what happens........I fully buy into see what happens......I learned that by buying a ticket to Bangkok, no where to stay, no plans......wound up at a temple called Wat Chedi Hoi and stayed for 2 or so weeks....best stupid thing I've ever done, also the most irrasional....I'm all about the journey but for now there are vultures circling...I need to make a plan and fast. :)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  3. chris063

chris063 Member

Is anywhere really better than here?

Words after my own heart, words to live a life by! I believe that is exactly what it is all about.

I’m not saying that I don’t think enlightenment is a worthy ultimate goal, I just think it would be such a shame if the roses were trampled over along the way. If you believe that everything is created from the same Source, if it not there for us to enjoy it and experience it, why is it there and why are we here?

Okay, I think all I can do here by way of explanation is to share my most fundamental beliefs with you. If it helps you at all, great, if not, well there is nothing lost! This is what lifted me out of the dark depression, self-loathing and self-hatred I felt for a considerable part of my life. Yes I was also a suicidal teenager, seems to be a common theme here! It took a long time for me to get from there to here, lots of ups and downs along the way, lots of heartache and soul-searching, but this is where I am coming from right now, heart, mind and soul:

I see our individual journeys as an unfolding, rather than a travelling. If you acknowledge that we all come from the same Source, that we all have a tiny spark of that Source within us, that that spark is our essence and ultimately what we really are, then we are already home. We have never left it. All we need to do is become aware, as fully as possible, of that spark inside us. You are already all that you have ever wanted to be, you just need to remember who you are!

So there is no need to run away from yourself desperately seeking an audience with the Source, or enlightenment. You just need to look deep inside yourself and you will find it. This is why I do not feel the need to be chasing enlightenment per se. I just want to unfold, become more aware, and I want to enjoy myself and learn to fully enjoy what we have been given to accompany us as we unfold. I want to keep smelling the roses! And eat noodle soup!

We have all the answers to all our questions deep inside us, we already know who we are and what we need. We just need to look deep within ourselves, ask the questions we need to ask, and wait for the answers to appear.

What finally helped me lift myself out of that destructive whirlwind of negative thoughts was the realization and understanding that I have a spark of God, Universal Consciousness, or the Source, whatever you want to call it, deep within me. I firmly believe that the spark is full of love and joy, and that is what our true nature is. Believe that you are naturally a joyful being, that your essential nature without even trying is one of love, compassion and joy, and your feelings about yourself start to change. We are already what we yearn to be! There is no need for anyone to spend time feeling bad about themselves, or full of self-loathing. If you can believe that we hold a spark of something which is very, very beautiful, then it must follow that we are in essence already very, very beautiful, yes? We can only become more aware of our own beauty as we grow in ever fuller awareness of who we really are.

But, I do know how difficult this can seem if you have a mind which is out of control and seems hell-bent on self-destruction. The mind can be directed to work for us in a better way though, which is where positive thinking and the Law of Attraction come into their own. We get what we focus on! If you keep thinking the same thoughts you will keep on attracting the same things. It takes a little work to keep the mind on track, directing it work for us and support us, but the more you keep pointing it in the right direction the easier it becomes. If it is second nature to think negative thoughts that is because it is what we have learnt, no more than a behaviour pattern so no reason not to change it so it becomes second nature to think positive thoughts instead! And focusing on your inner energy field stops the train of thoughts and gives you some peace, some respite with time to breathe, and time to re-focus. As does meditation!

I do realise that none of this is going to help pay the bills today or even tomorrow…it is one thing knowing that you are already wonderful and amazing deep inside, it takes a little longer learning to deal with what happens outside in the physical world. I’m still working on that one! But you can choose to remember what you are and where you came from, and feel good about just being yourself right this very moment if you wish to.

Po signing off to go do some work.. x :)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  4. Edwin

Edwin Member

How very true, Eckhart Tolle said the same in different words:"The entire world and every thing you see around you is but a vast collection of atoms without you to enjoy it's presence; right here, right now !
    I have heard this before, but it seems one can never hear this enough. Reading about it from you I felt, just for a small 100th of a second, a glimpse of the total reality that you meant... Thanks for that !
    Hmmmmm.... Noodle soup.....
    For some reason everything you said clicked with me, as if it was directed towards me instead of Coenrad or the rest of the forum.

I feel wonderfull just by your words...

If you were here now I would kiss you ( on the cheek that is, my wife wouldn't agree otherwise )

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

ok.... Looking forward is usefull as it makes you see the way you are going. Looking into the future is the same. You want to come out of the foxhole, but you should start enjoying the feeling as soon as you start to move, not as soon as you reach daylight. Knowing that you are moving, feeling yourself crawl back up should be enough for you. Knowing that you are on the move, and enjoying feeling better with every step, is your goal allready. ( Norwegian saying: The goal is not the end of the journey, but the journey itself )

6. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Your Words Inspire Me

Hi Chris,
    I went back and re-read your words here after reading how they impacted Edwin. I am so touched and inspired by what you wrote. Thank you for taking the time to share. You are really insightful and a good writer too. Aren't there so many wonderful things written here! Sometimes, I want so badly to just take it all in in one single inhalation. It was only in July that I learned about this whole "forum" thing and sharing with others in this manner. I am really grateful for this medium that allows us to connect with one another so easily. However, there is a part of me that longs for good old fashioned face-to-face conversation. My wife has been to England and Ireland, but I've never been there. Someday, I'd love to visit you and your beautiful country.

Your quote above reminded me of a similar experience I had a couple of years ago. Here's what I wrote at the time. Thanks so much for sharing your presence here. --Keith :)

Sunday, October 30, 2005: These last few weeks, I have been moving and shifting a lot of “personal stuff.” I have had some amazing breakthroughs which have helped me to understand myself and others better. As I was driving to work Friday morning, October 28th, I had a transcendent experience. As such it is difficult to find words which adequately describe what I experienced. Anyway, as I was driving south on 200 East in Lindon and just before I dropped down into that coulee where those small exotic deer are fenced in, I experienced a dramatic shift in perspective. For a brief moment it was as though a veil had been lifted. Everything appeared brighter and more real. Because the physical sun was not fully up yet, the morning light was still muted and gray. However, a spiritual light suddenly broke through. I remember seeing the yellow leaves of the cottonwoods to my right growing an even brighter and more distinct yellow. I looked to my left and saw the Wasatch Mountains. They suddenly became more bright and real than I’d ever seen before. The experience was so strong I started crying; it was so beautiful and joyful that I just started laughing. I had finally gotten “it.” And “it” was so simple, I wondered why I hadn’t realized it before. For a brief moment I had a glimpse of eternity, and I was home—home at last.

The above experience moved me to write the following psalm, or poem.

"A Psalm"
    (Written by Keith Jensen on Sunday, October 30, 2005, at 0800 AM while sitting on the green couch in the family room of our home in Lindon, Utah)

And the music plays rich and sweet and deep.
    Light shines brightly, purely, beautifully.
    From a fountain of shining water, I drink deep.
    For a moment, I see a glimpse of eternity.

I dance and laugh and sing.
    For a brief moment, I remember.
    Like bright silver bells, the truth rings.
    I laugh and cry and remember.

From a sleep, I begin to awake.
    Everything looks the same and yet more real than before.
    It is so beautiful—almost more than I can take.
    A window replaces a once closed door.

Fear is burned away by the bright light of love.
    I feel a connection with everything and everyone.
    God’s love descends peacefully like a dove.
    I remember hearing the words, “It is done.”

In this moment, I’m home—truly home at last.
    And I want to stay—Oh, how I want to stay
    To never go out again and feel all alone as in the past.
    Oh God, please help me to not forget this moment I pray.

Help me remember and connect with your love each day.
    Through silence may I learn to hear the music clearly,
    And may colors bright and alive replace somber gray.
    As I am loved, may I love purely and joyfully.

7. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

I'm OK, you're OK!

Dear Chris, Coenrad and everyone else here
    Chris, what a beautiful testimonial to the ultimate truth of who we are.

There's something that I recently learned that I want to add. Most of us think that the path to enlightenment includes the need to silence the mind - that we must be without thoughts to discover the ultimate truth - that we must purify ourselves, become better people and then maybe we'll deserve or grow into enlightenment. But, as you said, we're already worthy. We have that at our core.

So what about the thoughts? As Eckhart Tolle says, we just observe them and their accompanying emotions. And we observe the body. Yes, all this has been said. But the new element for me is that instead of just witnessing the thoughts and the body sensations, we can turn our attention to what is witnessing all of the phenomena. The observer itself. And what is it that observes? It's not the body, not the mind but something else. Does it have form? Boundaries? A place where it hangs out? By inquiring into that, it's possible to discover something much closer to our ultimate truth. And doing that silences the mind because there really are no answers to these questions.... And then we go deeper, asking what is witnessing the witness - on and on, more and more into the mystery. There are no answers, there is no form, there is only a spacious presence in which all the phenomena - the thoughts, the actions/reactions of life take place. The dance of life happening inside the stillness of infinite space.
    And when seen from that vastness, all the mind's limiting beliefs are seen as insignificant. They're just old habits of thinking that have no substance or truth to them. We are that ultimate reality in all its beauty and loveliness. Pure consciousness.

I'm not so good at describing this because I'm just discovering this, but I find that doing this "Self Inquiry", Mooji style, has brought me into a silence that's revealing the beauty of my beingness. I'm learning that I don't have to believe my story any more. I'm actually OK just as I am and when I have thoughts that limit me, I just witness them as leftovers from my past. And if emotions arise with them, I let those play out in their own way. All that is impermanent and is not what I am.

So what I want to say to you Coenrad, as they used to say on Saturday Night Live, "I'm OK, you're OK!"

Not a bad way to live!

Loving the shared journey
    Bhavya:eek:

8. Coenrad Morgan

Coenrad Morgan Member

Enough Of The Awesomeness...stop It...i Like It!!!!

Dearest Chris,

Why have you kept silent so long, or held your truth so close,….if this is your unfolding,, then its beautiful, look how many travelers have stopped to admire and be uplifted by the rose (Symbolic of England isn’t it)?
    Yes the journey is in every step, and the light isnt where one thinks, others hold it up for us until we get there, given your presence in my journey thus far, and the many words you have afforded me, Im not in a huge hurry to get to the end, think I’ll walk with the light bearer for a while, SHE ( got it right this time) has a lot to teach me…read the effect you have had on us all, no matter what you may think of yourself, the truth of who and what you are is seen by others……thank you…..Dragon Warrior….:D

“We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust” "Out beyond ideas of wrong doing and right doing, there is a field. I will meet you there." – Rumi;

Until then, I am glad to have met you, your amazing, even more so than you think.....what could have been said has been, I'll let you into a little secret.....its that feeling of being connected that I had as a child and a joung man.......I may speak of Enlightenment but seek to return to Innocence, I believed once what you do, I FELT IT.....Im on my way home, returning to innocense... fealing as you do..you express it so much better though..I had it once (still do), then buried it under 1000 tons of stampeding buffalo pats / or as we know it in the preceding story....stampeding thoughts but I'll keep digging (MindFlow).

"The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you; Don't go back to sleep. You must ask for what you really want; Don't go back to sleep. People are going back and forth across the doorsill where the two worlds touch. The door is round and open. Don't go back to sleep." - Rumi

Thank you Chris
    x:)

9. chris063

chris063 Member

Oh my..

Guys,

I am really struggling to find the right words to express how I am feeling right now. Thank you so much for all the kind words. I have so much respect for all of you, I can't even think how to begin describing what those words really mean to me.

Edwin, if what I wrote spoke to something in you and gave you even a few uplifted moments then I feel very privileged to have been able to share it with you. Please accept this kiss (on the cheek!) back from me.. X :)

Keith, I could feel the the experience you were describing as I read your words. Your psalm is so beautiful, what a wonderful way to bring that moment in time right back to you! And you are so right about this forum, I came and read posts here for some while before I posted. Everytime I found a gift from someone which inspired and uplifted me. It is wonderful having the opportunity and means to connect with like-minded people whom we would never have known even existed otherwise. I have not spoken to anyone before about any of the things I have been able to express here. It has all been carefully buried and hidden, and it is such a good feeling to finally realise that I don't have to be alone on this journey anymore!!

Bhavya, thank you so much for your lovely words and for sharing what you have discovered. Something else to look forwards to experiencing and you described it beautifully. You are right, it is not a bad way to live, and it is wonderful to know we are sharing it! :)

Dear Coenrad...I think you are mistaking me for something which I am not! But I am so pleased if I have been able to help in some way. I feel like we have shared something, still not really sure what, a connection somehow.. maybe we have both learned something! You have been a bit of a catalyst for me, enabling me to bring some of my own baggage out to examine in the light of day - if it wasn't for you I would still be keeping my silence, paws and everything else buried deep in the great soup of life :) I am very glad to have met you too, you are amazing and when it comes to descriptive writing win hands down!! Thank you for those incredibly beautiful quotes. :)

Still looking forward to comparing notes, want me to bring the shovel? ;) :)

10. Coenrad Morgan

Coenrad Morgan Member

While your reading this, I'm looking for the secret of the finger hold...READ SLOWLY

Chris,

Connection there is and there is a mass of stuff I would love to compare notes on...I'm getting worried that the Forum masters are going to send the heavies around as we have become a multi-topic thread, but this is a multi faceted and seemingly complex construct...sometimes a dragon warrior comes along and trashes the illusion of complexity....my e-mail address is in my profile.....notepad can be used to read the file..your right about many things.......I deeply appreciate Edwin, Keith and all those who have come to assist....I would be lost without this opportunity....Im deeply very grateful to Michael and you all:)

Sorry. tradition and all, almost forgot...
    x :)

11. Coenrad Morgan

Coenrad Morgan Member

EDWIN....just to cover for you...tell your wife I kissed u, maybe not...

Bhavya , added to Chris’s insight, astounding and very helpful, I am pleased to have made your acquaintance.

Keith, A man more in touch, I have not met, it takes a while to savor what you offer, but then again you’re an academic by trade, very pleased for your contribution…..makes me think of dawn patrol, the suns up and alls at peace, everyone lost in their own thoughts…..those moments before leaving camp….crisp morning and all……the Psalm brought that back……

The flying Dutchman…EDWIN....man are you EVERYWHERE…..read your posts routinely, along with Keiths……..your everywhere and nowhere all at once…..wanted to ask you something, whats the significance of right palm resting in left and thumbs touching….the monks in Thailand showed me how….still don’t know why….Edwin, a picker of locks and the human mind…theres so much to think about after you all got done replying to Chris….if she didn’t know her worth before…you told her, I told her…….BIG discussion……so much input from you all…

My sincerest thanks to you all…….I haven’t really slept in 3 days, the young one hasn’t stopped crying or slept, she’s ill………I’m learning to be present and calm…I’ve come a long way since post one and my Cousin Keith’s reply….thank you all, so, so much….and yes, I have meditated every day…will provide feedback as soon as I can see past my eyelids….

12. Rambling-Rae

Rambling-Rae Member

Hi Coenrad,
    Thanks so much for sharing your story, you explain things beautifully. You come from an amazing part of the world, its natural beauty is astounding. Its put a huge smile on my face just thinking of it.
    My dream of getting to south africa kept me alive during 2 years when I was bedridden in agony. Every time my heart stopped, I kept thinking, I cant go yet, until I've been to Cape Town. It kept me alive through starvation when my parents couldnt be bothered to feed me as I lay there slowly rotting away unable to move or speak.
    So when I finally stepped foot in Cape Town, it was a miracle. The thought of Cape town literally kept my heart pumping during those years and kept my will to survive alight.
    I spent time in the townships and met some amazing people whose smiles are imprinted on my soul. They saw how painfully thin I was and kept trying to feed me when they had nothing themselves. They protected me when certain situations arose, sometimes because of my presence there.
    I cried for hours on the way back to england, i felt as though my heart had literally broken in two; i left part of me there. I owe my heart and my life to Cape Town.
    Years later I am still ill, still in agony most of the time. But i'm away from my parents and completely on my own, i often cant afford to eat in order to pay for my medicines, I live in solitude most of the time and I am blissfully happy :)
    I no longer have the guilt that my parents forced upon me, i no longer have to feel guilty for being ill, for being a burden, for having no money, for not living a 'normal' life, for not being good enough.
    I am good enough. The same as everyone else. I always knew it but it was buried in the put downs, the neglect and the disapproval by family.
    I'm free now to be allowed to love and accept myself and to know its okay to feel this, just like when I was in Cape Town.
    When I lost part of myself there, I gained so much more that will stay within me forever. No need to fly across the globe to find the happiness that South Africa allowed me to feel, as it will always be inside of me smiling.
    Cape Town will be in my dreams tonight, thanks to your lovely posts.
    Thank you :)
    love
    rachel xxx

13. Edwin

Edwin Member

Rachel, just a quick hug from me:

HUGGIE !!

couldn't not respond to your post :)

Coenrad, about the hands folding thingy:

Most Buddhist-based meditation forms use this posture, for several reasons.

The reason I use it has to do with another: programming !
    Your mind can be programmed quite easily, linking certain moves or postures to a certain feeling.
    It is a reversed "tic" so to speak.
    Some people automatically cover their mouth when they laugh, for no other reason than having tought themselves this in the past. Other people start rubbing their nose when they are ashamed, or drum their fingers when they feel uneasy. After having done this conciously for a few times, the unconcious picks up, and programs it in.

The term for this is Neuro-Linquistic programming.
    This is very powerfull, there have been cases of people who had become parallised waist down, who wanted to have a full sex-life again, and neuro-linguistic programmers managed for these people to experience an orgasm by rubbing their forehead ! Imagine that ! Now their partner could simply gently rub their forehead and they would have an orgasm !
    Cool thing is that this also worked while they were in a restaurant, in the street, or wherever they were at the time ;) needless to say they were very happy with their newfound "skill".

So, the reason I use this posture during meditation and whenever I am feeling really well, is that I want to program the feeling linked to this posture for when I need it.

Think of the power this will give you when you feel the chemical imbalance in your body, racing you towards a low... If you have programmed your body to feel good whenever you take the posture ( remember, it's not just the hands, its the hands and a light smile ) you will instantly ( YES INSTANTLY ) relax your body into the programmed state, in time you will reach Theta or Delta this way, and the "feelgood" hormones will release into your body, fixing or bypassing the chemical imbalance you are experiencing.

Also, you will be able to "jump in" to meditation sooner. Every time you sit down, fold your hands and make a small smile, your brain will remember what is expected, and within seconds instead of minutes you will reach the next brainwave state with meditation.

Cool thing is, the deeper your meditations sessions will go, the better you program your posture !

I once posted here that meditation was not the answer to depression.
    I am slowly starting to think otherwise, short term meditation is not the answer, but long time meditation is in my opinion.
    After years of meditation, your body and mind will have changed for the better, I am convinced of that now.

14. Coenrad Morgan

Coenrad Morgan Member

Come back , we'll feed you some more...

Hello Sis,

Thank you for sharing that, if you can , I can, we all can.....we will!

Having been in the Mother City in the shadow of the Table Mountain , you have only just begun my dear. I have learned one thing, any place that touches you does so because there is a corresponding aspect of yourself in it, that, no airline or destination can take from you, no life situation, only whats going on between those ears.....if you loved it here its because the people you spent time with practiced "Ubuntu" - I am because you are - and yes those in the townships who took you in have big challenges and even bigger hearts. You are in England, your mind here, I am in Cape Town, my mind with you, Cape Town will always be here waiting for you and so many other places with smiling faces ( not mine - it will crack - but I'm working on it :)).

I can attest to one thing, LifeFlow works, The Mantra Taught in Discover Meditation works and you must work with it, daily. As for "Ubuntu" - your in the right forum, there are others here who are always looking for someone to assist, some may suffer from the same condition you have and can help you through their experience, now that your here DON'T Quit.....then when alls said and done.....Mamma Africa will be here as she always has, in the shadow of a mountain at the Southern tip of Africa in a place you have been, come back a better and more whole person.....and we'll feed you some more....(cant have you looking like that girl...no, no,no........), start here, DONT QUIT.

I wish you well and hope to meet you here again, me with a silly grin that won't fade, rubbing my forehead ( Edwin....look what you started! :D, thanks for that rock solid explaination...makes sense) YOU Rachel; everyday, in everyway, getting better and better.....your in the right place now sis.....this place is ALL HEART....both the mantra and LifeFlow work.......stay!

I ADMIRE YOUR COURAGE AND RESILIENCE, YOU INSPIRE ME, THANK YOU RACHEL.

Most sincerely
    Coenrad

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  15. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

You are amazing

Dear Chris, Coenrad, Keith, Edwin, Bhavya, Rachel, I am lost for words through the beauty, love, compassion, encouragement and kindness of all your writings to each other - I salute you all and I am so happy you have found such a wonderful connection with each other. I wish you all love and joy and thankyou for creating such an amazing picture of beautiful flowers blooming all around the world. You are spectacular :) :) :)

16. Coenrad Morgan

Coenrad Morgan Member

Thank you Pollyanna

Dearest queen of this community;

Your thread runs through so many posts and touch’s so many lives, you really do bind this community, thank you.

As for what you said……BUT MOM….IT’s NOT MY FAULT!!!…..there I was going down like a lead Zeppelin, I wrote an e-mail to yet another corporate in the self improvement industry and got the shock of my life…….they replied, encouraged me, tutored me and taught me for free….and they care, so its all Jodie’s fault for replying to me, its Michaels fault for teaching as effectively and generously as he does and for not charging what LifeFlow should be worth, then along with all this comes this forum.

It’s my Uncle Keith’s fault for encouraging me every step of the way, and for being so darn clear and authentic, being the first reply, he was the fulcrum, if he was negative…..non of what followed and since unfolded would have happened at least not here, all in one thread.:rolleyes:

Then Edwin comes along and encourages, mentors and pokes me where it hurts most…in my delusions,….the Guru pretending to be a locksmith is a lousy disguise, someone should tell him.:cool:

And if that isn’t bad enough YOU come along and share the story about the policeman, the sheriff of the court and the statement along the lines of “I’m so tired of walking a tightrope”…..now you have your own forest, a home for your children and grand children, a lake for your husband to fish in, a successful business of your own.:)

Chris comes along pretending to be lost and unsure, the woman may not know the “wuxi Finger Hold” yet but she knows how to say it like it is…..and she’s only a couple of weeks into it….!!!:eek:

Then along comes Bhavya and shatters the illusion, we’re okay, he’s okay, we always have been….:p

Now I ask you with tears in my eyes, HOW IS A PERSON TO BE MISERABLE AROUND HERE? :mad:

There I was minding my own business, lost in “my story” and hopelessness of it all , then you lot came along and “spoilt” it. I’m calmer, more together, hopeful and optimistic, happier…….its really not fare, I don’t have any excuses left to hide behind AND THEY WON’T LET ME….really not fare…can’t even shave properly because of this grin on my face :D….if community, fellowship, positive re-enforcement, caring and ultimately learning through sharing’s a crime…If I’m going down with the thread police for this thread dragging on and on….I’m taking you all down with me!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  17. jodie

jodie Moderator

God Bless you All!

Coenrad, Your post has really made my day!!! I love how you put your thoughts on to paper (sorry keyboard) I can really imagine you are in the same room chatting away when I read your posts. You should be sooooo proud of yourself as should EVERYONE HERE ! You are all truly inspirational and oozing love and encouragement. I so enjoying spending time in here learning, learning and never giving up learning more and more about the very thing every single person on this earth is put here for. I believe the true love and warmth between you all here in this community is enough to last many of us a lifetime, though I know it will continue and touch so many others out there who just havent found us yet. God Bless every single member of this community today and always,
    Namaste Jodie ;)

18. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Fabulous

Wow, we're having a love fest! Reading this forum just makes my day - basking in waves of good humour, comradeship, generosity, all the love and compassion!
    So fabulous!
    :):):eek:;):p Bhavya

19. Edwin

Edwin Member

Actually, I consider my greatest achievement in this forum to be the red chaved mark on Coenrad's forehead.... :cool: thanks Coenrad

And it's not my fault either !

20. chris063

chris063 Member

Hey Edwin, I am really looking forward to reading Coenrad's reply to that one...:D

This is a truly wonderful place to be, full of such supportive, loving and caring people. I feel so very privileged and happy to be part of it!!

Peace and love to you all xxx :)