1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Personal Development

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by pollyanna, Feb 28, 2009.

1. schealer

schealer Member

Pollyanna<
    Very inspiring and helpfu; - I still have some trouble with visualization - but will keep trying.

Thanks

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi again schealer,

I used to find it hard to visualise in the early days. One thing that helped me in the early days was I got a picture of the kind of setting I wanted us to live in and cut some photo's of my family and placed them on the picture doing things that I knew they enjoyed.

Admittedly, I spoilt some pictures :eek: Nowadays with digital cameras and tech stuff you can do this without spoiling nice photographs :)

I put the picture in a prominent place where I could see it everyday and imagined how good it felt.

You maybe like me and find it easier to feel how good it feels rather than see how good it is. Just practise what is more natural to you.

You can make a gratitude movie like Michael did and I don't think you have to buy one to do that.

As you constantly practise, it will become more clearer and more believable to you. I wish you an abundance of fun and happiness doing this :) :) :)

3. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Reading some more notes from my journal, I'd like to add a couple of quotes from Earl Nightingale about positive and negative attitudes which are both habit forming:-

"There are millions of human beings who live narrow, darkened, frustrated lives-who live defensively-simply because they take a defensive, doubtful attitude toward themselves and, as a result, towards life in general.

A person with a poor attitude becomes a magnet for unpleasant experiences.
    When those experiences come-as they must, because of his attitude- they tend to reinforce his poor attitude, thereby bringing more problems, and so on.

The person becomes an example of self-generating, doom-fulfilling prophecy.
    And it's all a matter, believe it or not, of attitude. We get what we expect.
    Our outlook on life is a kind of paintbrush, and with it, we paint our world.
    It can be bright and filled with hope and satisfaction,
    or it can be dark and gloomy-lugubrious."

"Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored."

A good or bad habit is simply an acquired behavior pattern.

"Habits are replaced, not broken. Habits are like submarines. They run silent and deep. Habits grow by observation, imitation and repetition from cobwebs into cables to strengthen or shackle our lives. First we make our habits, then our habits make us." Dr. Denis Waitley

I wish you peace, joy and many habits that will strengthen your life :) :) :)

4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Just had to add this in this thread:- I have lived for years by a statement I learned from Tony Robbins - CANI (constant and neverending improvement) Little did I know how much this would happen through LifeFlow and meditation :) Having experienced so many huge benefits that I expected, I'm continuing to experience some I never dreamed possible :) and it really is CANI :) :) :) I wish you all an abundance of wonderful benefits, peace and joy :) :) :)

5. beth

beth Member

must let you know that we are doing one of the things I wrote down, we are going on our first family holiday to disneyland and the kids are jumping up and down with exitement :D thanks for all your help polly with lots of love from beth XX

6. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Absolutely wonderful Beth - I am so excited for you all :). I'm sure you'll all have a magical time. Which one are you going to? I wish you an abundance of love, peace and joy on your amazing journey :) :) :)

7. beth

beth Member

Disneyland in Paris :D do you have any special tips please, lots of love, beth XX

8. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Beth, apologies for late reply - only just seen your post :eek:

The parade is amazing and the lighting up of the castle at night is spectacular!

If you can afford it, an evening at Buffallo Bills is good value and fantastic for all the family - it's good food and drink and a fabulous show for you all to enjoy.

Enjoy the magic :)

I wish you an abundance of peace and joy on your amazing journey :) :) :)

9. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

This quote from the current "Good Life" is so what the world needs.

"How do you get world peace? You get world peace through inner peace. If you've got a world full of people who have inner peace, then you have a peaceful world." Dr. Wayne Dyer

Everyone deserves to experience the amazing peace and joy found within each present moment :) :) :)

10. beth

beth Member

Had the best time ever and the kids loved the parades the castle and the show and they didnt want to leave. Thanks a million polly, love and best wishes from beth XX

11. aussie

aussie Member

Thanks polly

Thanks polly, I ditto that!! Lifeflow and new habits have made awesome changes to my life :D AWESOME

12. Edwin

Edwin Member

She really is something special isn't she ?

It has been amazing and a pleasure to see Pollyanna grow and become who she is today since december 2007 when the forum went online.
    I hope to meet her one day. A trip to France sounds like fun too :p

13. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

That's wonderful Aussie, I'm so happy for you :)

Thanks so much Edwin and the same applies to you - it's absolutely wonderful to witness the growth and progression of others isn't it??

And why not - anythings possible and remember, thoughts become things :)

I wish both you and Aussie so much peace and joy :) :) :)

14. chris063

chris063 Member

Hi Pollyanna,

I hope all is well with you and yours :)

Coenrad pointed out this thread to me yesterday, and I just wanted to say what a wonderful and amazing thread it is. You have gathered SO MUCH valuable information and so many useful techniques together here! If anyone is looking for ways to improve their life, they would do no better than read this thread and begin to work with any one of the suggestions you have made. This is such a real Treasure Trove!!!

I LOVE the poem you wrote about the seed of Hope, that is EXACTLY what we need to do with our hopes and dreams, nurture them carefully and allow them to grow!

THANK YOU and Much Love and Joy to you

Chris :):):)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  15. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Thankyou so much Chris, been having a wonderful day with the family and wish you and yours all the love and peace in the world :) :) :)

16. beth

beth Member

Fantastic thread thanx pollyana. We just had the best xmas ever with no booze :p thanx to michael and lifeflow. Wishing you all the best for 2010 with love from beth XXXXXXXX

17. Still Waters

Still Waters Member

I have only just seen this exercise.

Today is New Years Eve and when I get back from work this evening it will be a good time to do the exercise.

It is time to start focussing, living life to the full and taking up the challange.

I have procrastinated enough and given up too easily long enough.

I will ask the Universe to give me the courage and fortitude to see it through.

I would also humbly ask the good people of this forum to ask the same question on my behalf. :D

Thanks Polyanna for your wonderful input and the many others for their faithfulness in supporting others.

May 2010 bring Love. Joy, Peace and Prosperity to you all

18. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Beth, that's wonderful. I am so happy for you and your lovely family :)

Hi Chris, I'm so glad you like the exercise :) Just one little step at a time can make all the difference. Enjoy the journey

Just reading Stephen Covey's "7 Habits of Highly effective People" and am so impressed with it, I am ordering a copy for each family member.

May 2010 be filled with an abundance of peace and joy to you all :) :) :)

19. beth

beth Member

Have nearly finished the seven habits pollyana and its really made me understand lots about my whole family. When me and my hubby have finished it we are going to do the exercises together and I'll let you know how we get on, love and best wishes from beth XX

20. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Just got electricity and communication lines back after being without them for four days and the times I have been reminded of the poem above are endless

So many times I have attempted to switch the light on (even when the candles were lit :eek:) I even moved some furniture to hoover up - hehe The power of habit is truly amazing, peace and joy to you all :) :) :)