1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Paring of Senses

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by olmate, Sep 22, 2010.

1. GilesC

GilesC Member

The fourth agreement of "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz is to simply "do your best". You cannot do more than your best, but you can always strive to not do less than your best. If you've done your best and things appear "wrong" you know that they cannot be wrong because you could not have done anything better, therefore they are right for what was available and possible at the time.

;)

Hugs

Giles

2. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

Hi Edwin,
    I think that’s a universal response :)

When I gave it all up and found my Kaftan and beads, (well that’s how my friends saw it). The response ranged from horrified to hysterics.
    A lot of my old friends still think it’s hilarious to burst out with the Hare Krishna song, although it’s been over 5 yrs. :rolleyes:

But it wasn't until I gave up alcohol and became a vegetarian that things got really interesting :D

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  3. Midnight

Midnight Member

Very profound, and very true!

@Karmoh and Edwin
    For me, some people see my interest in spirituality as sort of a phase i'll grow out of eventually (I'm 18 and I just started college). That makes it kind of hard to get them to take things I say into consideration. Some people do take what I say and give it deep thought and I'm thankful for that :)

I'm a relaxed person, and I can come across as lighthearted in conversation. Because of this people find it funny when I get into the topic of meditation, because I have quite a bit to say about it.

4. GilesC

GilesC Member

LOL! Reminds me of my mum always asking me if I'm still doing Reiki, as if I'd ever have a reason not to.

Your spiritual path is your own discovering of the truths of the universe. You'd never forget those truths, so you'll never grow out of them. The only thing that could happen would be that you'd temporarily forget them (from the conscious mind) because they are being covered up by the ego/mind i.e. you'd be letting fears, emotions, past memories etc. get in the way of recognising what is here and Now in the present moment.

5. Midnight

Midnight Member

Exactly. The things i've learned i'll never forget, the experiences I've had were unique, and the change that has occurred within me is forever.

I'm extremely thankful for the knowledge I have, because many people of my age tend to try and divert themselves from their studies to "find themselves" and they usually look outwards for it. I know who I am, so I can focus on whatever I need to.:)