1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Overcoming mental illness?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Minikenny, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Minikenny

Minikenny Member

Hello community,
    let me begin by saying that I am still only at Lifeflow10 and it already has great effects! Also, this is an illness. I don't really care about appearance of others and never judge book by cover.
    I have something called Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD). "Body dysmorphic disorder is a type of chronic mental illness in which you can't stop thinking about a flaw in your appearance — a flaw that is either minor or imagined". When I was 13 people were actually making fun of my apperance. When I look back at it I am not suprised- I didn't really care about myself, was quite underdeveloped (looked 3 years younger) and was light and small.

Now, my appearance drastically changed when I was 16, I grew by
    25 cm over the years (10 inches) and started to care about myself. I actually started to recieve compliments, but I can't really take them seriously. Over the time, I picked up a girl who was a completely narcistic person. She was "friendzoning" about 7 boys and I was completely in love with her. She was giving me compliments I craved so at the time and I (because of my mental illness) wanted to be with her so much...
    After 6 months, I told her that I don't want anything with her anymore and I haven't seen her since then (she still called me occasionally 2 years saying she is in love, wants to have sex or that I ruined her life).

Over the time, I was drinking 3 times a week, smoking weed everyday (for wrong reasons, nothing against weed), tried ecstasy, LSA...out of depression.
    All changed this year after a certain spiritual experience. I started to meditate and didn't really care that much about my appearance. Before I could think about my flaws whole day (seriously, whole day.), now it was, less than an hour.
    Now I subsribed to lifeflow program and had a really deep meditation. After that I went to toilet and bathroom, looked in the mirror and :eek: . After 7 years I actually liked what I've seen.

I am not sure if that is a personal experience or it happened to somebody before or everyone looks different after meditation (might sound stupid). Did I just destroy ego for a short amount of time and saw myself as others see me? Or was it an illusion?

Thanks for answers!

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Minikenny and welcome to the community :)

I'm so pleased to hear how meditating with LifeFlow 10 is really helping you. Children develop in all kinds of ways in their own time. Being different in any way and at anytime can attract unsociable behaviour from other children and of course this is not acceptable at all.

I think your new perspective of your reflection is marvellous and doesn't surprise me at all. You are simply becoming aware of the special person you really are. Keep it up and you will create the life you are truly meant to live :) Here is a piece I have copied from what Dr. Stickle says about meditating and looking in the mirror:-

“For those considering a meditation program but perhaps are skeptical, I think you will find that this program will allow you to go easily into meditation, find that deep relaxation you seek, see the visible results by looking in a mirror before and after meditation, allow you to release any stress or stressful situations without either effort or difficulty, and leave you calm and peaceful.” To read more, click on the following link:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...-john-stickles-lifeflow-review.html#post39026

Look forward to hearing how you progress and wish you much peace and joy on your amazing journey of self discovery :) :) :)

3. Minikenny

Minikenny Member

Hello, thanks for the response!
    I read your review before purchasing the program, it was one of the reasons why I've chosen it in the first place, thank you :).

It is amazing how fast my spiritual development with this program is. It seems that my brain, or I'd rather say ego, modified my past in a way that it was acceptable, but still painful for me.

Yesterday I had a deep and profound meditation and went to sleep afterwards. I had a spiritual encounter in my dream and started to think about my past. I cried for couple of hours (I cry maybe twice a year) and now I feel like I am so light, not lying to myself and not being an illusion of my ego. It is amazing how it happened right after meditation, I wouldn't be able to handle it otherwise.