1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Out of control... :(

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Enki, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Enki

Enki New Member

Hey everyone.
    I'm new to the site, still not yet tried the meditation cd's.

Well, i don't want to make this too long or ppl may lose the interest, so i'll go straight to the thing. :p

So, the thing is that till the age of 15 +/-, i can still remember that sometimes when i returned from school the first thing i did was going to my chamber, close the door and lie on my bed. the thing is that i loved to dream, and i actually could do it at will. I only needed to close my eyes and focus on whatever it appeared in my "mind", in a few moments things started to gain a form, sometimes more vivid then others. Once dreaming i could control the things around me, not just thinking on them but affirming that they will appear behind something, or that they will be in the next corner.

Unfortunately, as the time passes that ability faded and faded. Today i almost can't even dream at all. i rarely dream and when i do i almost cant remember the dreams. Or i may dream but i cant remember those dreams when i wake up.

Now i have big problems to sleep, and even bigger problems to get out of bed. :(

This was something that i wanted to share with everyone, and maybe someone could explain why did i loose this ability.

Well, i think i will try the meditation Cd's now, i'm not here just because i cant dream, but also because i want to develop my subtle senses, witch i'm looking forward too.

Tx for reading and koment.

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hi Enki,

What you experienced is quite normal. As we grow older, the more "physical" things take our attention and so the distance or the fog to our "true" self gets more intense. But we have the possibility to clear up the fog as we conquer the problems in our life.

Thats maybe also the reason why you´re not able to sleep, because there are so much things on your mind?

I´d suggest trying out Hemi-Sync or any other binaural beats, which take your consciousness to these states you were used to. What you experienced was maybe not only dreaming but also leaving your physical body and "playing" on the astral plains.

Atb,
    Pan

3. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Enki,

I believe the fast paced world we live in and the media are key factors. Taking a little time out daily with meditation and finding the stillness within creates endless benefits that so many are enjoying here.

People are enjoying better sleep than they have in years, experiencing more energy and general well being and allowing negative, pent up emotions to surface and be released.

Personally, regularly meditating with LifeFlow for a little time each day has created countless wonderful changes for me, it's one of my special times of the day and I have experienced a few dreams which have given me the opportunity to release some very deep, suppressed emotions.

Enjoy the calm within and I wish you peace and joy :) :) :)

4. filly33

filly33 Member

Along with what others are saying here, try not to think of your dreams as something you had but now you've lost. First of all, you never had anything, and as diluted as that sounds, look at the dreams from the perspective of the dreams. Maybe they were experiencing you? Maybe, when you were young, you let the dreams be as they are and for that you were rewarded with a greater understanding.

Even if the control seemed so bright when you were young, this is a quality of the dream and not of you. You haven't lost a thing. Where did the dreams go then? That's for you to find out. It seems to me that you've lost sight of them in the elements of your every day life. Insomnia comes with this too.

Now I know this probably sounds confusing, but from experience it's always great to look at things objectively. One thing I can say is don't spend your time looking at what you don't have and focus more on what is there. Beware of the "nots" and "don'ts".

I recommend reading A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle, it was a great starting point for me when I joined this community. I'm sure others will give you great recommendations if Tolle isn't working for you; there are a wide variety of spiritual teachers and books. The book will clear a few things up about the nature of thoughts and feelings and should give you a new perspective on the things that happen in your life.

Anyways, hope this helps, and feel free to question anything I say. Cheers.

Mitch