1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Out of Body Travel

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by karen659, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enlighteneduk

enlighteneduk Member

An aside to the mention of the girl who worked for me- I used to dream a recurrent dream when a child, which was extremely frightening. A rather androgynous figure would appear floating at a window, and it didnt matter which room I went to in the house, this figure would appear at the window. Eventually I would hide in the airing cupboard, just to get away from this person. I would wake in fear at that moment, and this dream would occur every so often until I was about 10 years old.

I forgot about it over time and it wasnt until many years later, that when I was in the witness hall, about to go into court over this girl who had worked for me, that she came out of the witness room with her barrister. She was a very androgynous person, hard to tell if boy or girl when in jeans, and certainly looked like a man when she would change into her alter ego. I looked up at her as she came out of that room, because there before me, was the figure of my dreams all those years ago. I had never realised it before, but it came back to me in a flash.

I was also reading a book whilst waiting, one I had picked up in a secondhand bookshop. It was by the Rev Sabine Baring Gould, vicar of Mersea Island in Essex in the 1800's. I lived not far from there in those days. This girl, Janet we will call her, lived with her grandmother at a crossroads on the Mersea Rd to Tolleshunt D'Arcy, on the edge of the Blackwater Marshes, and the area abounded with legends of ghosts and other scary stories. One of these was that there was a man who had been buried with a stake through his heart, at the very crossroads where Janet lived.

I started to read this book, and I realised that Rev Baring Gould was talking about the very road from Mersea Island. He wrote about a young woman alighting from a stage coach at a cross roads where a man was reputed to have been buried with a stake through his heart. My own blood froze as I read it. I knew he was talking about the very crossroads where Janet lived. I did some research afterwards and it was absolutely that very place.

Coincidence? I still get shivers running down my spine even thinking about it. Between that, and the realisation that she was the person in my dream, that day in the witness hall remains one of the most surreal in my life, and is one of the reasons I would never wish to invoke the forces that I saw manifested in the two years leading up to that trial.

Heather

2. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

I have to agree with Heather and Jim. While dreams are often a wonderful source of insight, OBE's are dangerous if undertaken by those who are vulnerable. There are all sorts of beings in the astral plane, some of whom are 'lost' who can attach themselves to you.

I do wonder what the motivation is to embark on OBEs aside from adventure. What are you looking for? :confused:

I think meditation and being in the present moment can help us develop a more loving heart, equanimity and wisdom so we can move beyond identification with ego - our own and everyone else's. Can OBEs do this?

Bhavya

3. jodie

jodie Moderator

After much debate in the office we also agree that this is a topic best discussed on other internet forums dedicated to OOBE's.

This forum has been designed to help people benefit from meditation and threads like this can have a negative effect on the thoughts of new members about meditation.

Thanks for all the contributions so far and if you are interested further on this topic you will be able to find all you need on other forums dedicated to OOBE's.

Kind regards, Jodie :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.