1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Out of Body Travel

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by karen659, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

"Thank You"

Hi Karen,
    Thanks for taking time to read through and respond with your insightful comments. Much of what you shared helped me to understand aspects of this dream better. Kind of like, "Oh, yeah that makes sense," and "Interesting . . . I see how that might relate."

Your statement you make of: At the point where the 'ground gives way', is a great symbolic gesture of how you may feel (or have felt) when the 'ground you stand on', your basic beliefs and values, are giving way - into the water (subconcious/spirit) and yet it shows you you are able to withstand the change! impacted me deeply. I felt like you were really empathizing and understanding what it felt like to me when I let go of so many beliefs and traditions in which I was raised and had experienced such "certainty" in. Thank you so much for your comments. They mean more than you perhaps realize.

I think there is "some thing" or "a part of me" that has kind of felt invalidated and misunderstood. It's like the last part of this dream when I wrote:

. . . I relate the following story to the others who were present in my dream: I say something like: “How would you feel if ‘this”—whatever ‘this’ might be—happened to you and no one really listened or seemed to care?”

Life is interesting and wonderful, isn't it? It's like you said in your post of Jan 26th:

"There is just SO much more to this 'life' than we can ever imagine..."

The following statement by the "invisibles" as quoted in Stewart Edward White's book "Across the Unknown" speaks so eloquently:

"This subject," said they, "is light-footed; not like the solemn tread of a processional. It has dance steps in it, and running for the joy of running, and leaping for the joy of leaping. It is as natural and cheerful as a baby playing with its toes, feeling out the most desirable activity for entertainment. This is a gracious performance. It is not a child in a schoolroom; it is a soul gracefully entering into eternity."

Again, thank you for your insights and encouragement. Take care. --Keith :)

2. karen659

karen659 Member

Keith, you are most welcome!

When it comes from the heart, you can tell...and it does! :)

Take care,
    Karen

3. karen659

karen659 Member

1.30.09 5:15 am

(NOTES: Woke 4am initially, reluctantly used the bathroom even though I was so tired <I did because I had a dream that told me I had to get up!!> and then went back to bed. I fully awakened at 5:15am after this entire experience)

I ‘awoke’ from sleep, watching a small airplane move past my window followed by a much larger passenger jet that was very low to the ground! I was concerned because I ‘felt’ something was wrong and watched in horror as this large passenger jet made a sharp turn and began a nose-dive to the ground!

I became even MORE concerned when I realized how close this airliner was going to crash, almost in my front yard! Now it is interesting what I did next – I was lying in bed, thinking it is early morning nearly time to get up for work, next to my husband, watching this plane nose-dive in a most certain crash in my front yard….I immediately ‘resigned’ myself, calmly and quietly, to my impending death in the assumed fireball explosion, (knowing there was no where to run), and quickly reached over to my husband to give a hug before I passed over.

As the ‘crash’ occurred, there was blackness, a sense of overwhelming ‘energy movement’ and some dull roaring (perhaps was the separation noise) that kept me aware of what was occurring. I am actually thinking that I am ‘passing over’ and am thankful that it is quick and painless! I somehow knew it wouldn’t hurt, as it would only be a ‘transition’. I lay there quietly and waited, knowing I would soon find myself ‘on the other side’ in spirit.

My next ‘lucid’ thoughts were that I am once again lying in bed, same position, and ‘awake’ to realize that it was all a very lucid dream, and one that I feel I should record as not many people get to ‘feel’ what it is like to ‘pass over’!! lol

I reach for my recorder at the bedside, and again, I find it in pieces! I felt clumsy, with coins dropping on the floor (I remember one being the US Mercury dime) and magazines falling off the bedside stand.

Now you may remember that this has been a learned ‘signal’ for the fact I am out of body, however, I take no heed at this time, primarily because this ‘wakefulness’ is SO physical in its sensations, even more so than I ever remember! I desperately try to put it back together and I do succeed in recording what I recall of the airplane crash (In hindsight, nothing was really recorded!)

I now get up, as I know it’s time for work, even picking up the magazine on the floor to place it back on the dresser as I noticed an article I wanted to read in it, and headed for my bathroom. Again, no thoughts of it being anything more than my usual work day routine.

This is where I am astonished to look into the mirror and see that my appearance is that of one I had just over a year ago when my hair was a bit longer and it was pulled back in a most disheveled appearance! This startled me enough to realize, ‘hey wait, I can’t have long hair now – so I must be out of body!!!’

In order to confirm this I try to put my hand through the walls and am SO shocked to see that I can! I feel the texture changes and turn to leave the bathroom because I’m not staying here!  I see the skylight above me (one that is not in this room, but another room of the house) and zoom up to leave!

I can still remember how it felt to pass through the skylight, having my head emerge into the cooler outside air and am so excited to think this is a NEW way of experiencing this travel! I think of my mother who lives next door and plan on visiting, but as soon as I am mostly out of the house, I feel the pullback signal and soft transitioning of a return.

Confusion reigns for a few moments upon true awakening, because I still recall the plane crash ‘dream’ and the previous attempt at getting up for work! I realize this was a ‘solid’ out of body experience into the physical, as I was ‘solidly’ convinced I was doing nothing more than my usual ‘physical’ routine!

I really wish I could explain the difference here between this OBE and my others. I know the previous OBEs were also ‘real’ in some sense, but they pale in comparison with how ‘real’ and intense I felt with this one. Phenomenal was the word I used to describe it upon recording.

My own attempt at explaining this change is to think that my beginning OBEs were in a ‘less full’ version of myself, as I had to learn the process and ability to move about and think within this realm. With the last two experiences (one I did not post yet) there is definitely a higher degree of ‘physical-ness’ or fullness that I am experiencing. I initially thought my OBEs were different in feeling and appearance only due to the differing levels of astral realms that I enter into, but now I’m thinking it is only an additional explanation of the astral body experience. There are many levels of ‘wholeness’ you can be in as well.

Any thoughts?

Also, in hindsight, I see the fact that I dreamt I ‘had’ to get up at 4am prior to this experience to go into the bathroom may have been ‘planned’ as well – that gave me a ‘comparison’ visit to the bathroom that allowed me to see that the next one was to be questioned!! lol

4. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Keith's Comments

Hi Karen,
    I’ve copied your latest post below. I have inserted comments and writings that I was moved to write as I read this post. –Keith :)

1.30.09 5:15 am

(NOTES: Woke 4 am initially, reluctantly used the bathroom even though I was so tired <I did because I had a dream that told me I had to get up!!> and then went back to bed. I fully awakened at 5:15 am after this entire experience)

I ‘awoke’ from sleep, watching a small airplane move past my window followed by a much larger passenger jet that was very low to the ground! I was concerned because I ‘felt’ something was wrong and watched in horror as this large passenger jet made a sharp turn and began a nose-dive to the ground!

I became even MORE concerned when I realized how close this airliner was going to crash, almost in my front yard! Now it is interesting what I did next – I was lying in bed, thinking it is early morning nearly time to get up for work, next to my husband, watching this plane nose-dive in a most certain crash in my front yard….I immediately ‘resigned’ myself, calmly and quietly, to my impending death in the assumed fireball explosion, (knowing there was no where to run), and quickly reached over to my husband to give a hug before I passed over.

Hmmm, interesting. It seems to me that this part of your dream is very representative of where you are on your spiritual journey. To simply “let go” and accept this moment for what it is. From what you wrote it seems that you didn’t attach with the emotions surrounding this cataclysmic event. Rather, you observed with “interested curiosity” of: “So, I’m about to make the BIG transition. How interesting.” And you reached over to give your husband a hug before you passed over. Karen, it seems to me that your OBE’s have given you calm assurance that life continues on.

As the ‘crash’ occurred, there was blackness, a sense of overwhelming ‘energy movement’ and some dull roaring (perhaps was the separation noise) that kept me aware of what was occurring. I am actually thinking that I am ‘passing over’ and am thankful that it is quick and painless! I somehow knew it wouldn’t hurt, as it would only be a ‘transition’. I lay there quietly and waited, knowing I would soon find myself ‘on the other side’ in spirit.

I love reading your words here. The “crash” occurs and you sense you are “passing over”. Somehow you KNEW it wouldn’t hurt, as it would only be a “transition.” Your journeys are helping to remove the fear of death for you. The fear of death is one of the biggest obstacles that keep us stuck. So, if anyone asks you: “What is the worth of lucid dreaming and having OBE’s,” you can say: “I’m no longer as apprehensive about death.”

My next ‘lucid’ thoughts were that I am once again lying in bed, same position, and ‘awake’ to realize that it was all a very lucid dream, and one that I feel I should record as not many people get to ‘feel’ what it is like to ‘pass over’!! lol

I reach for my recorder at the bedside, and again, I find it in pieces! I felt clumsy, with coins dropping on the floor (I remember one being the US Mercury dime) and magazines falling off the bedside stand.

Now you may remember that this has been a learned ‘signal’ for the fact I am out of body, however, I take no heed at this time, primarily because this ‘wakefulness’ is SO physical in its sensations, even more so than I ever remember! I desperately try to put it back together and I do succeed in recording what I recall of the airplane crash (In hindsight, nothing was really recorded!)

I’m so glad you mentioned that this “signal” of the broken tape recorder is one you’ve experienced before and which might have “reminded” you to awake within this dream. That you didn’t awaken shows how persistent the seeming reality of this experience was. I really think that the more we practice—and I might suggest practicing with a lot of humor and a sense of joy and light-heartedness—noticing signals and awakening within our dreams, then, the more apt we will be able to notice the “signals” and awaken within the day-to-day dream we have mislabeled “being conscious.” Do you know what I’m trying to say? When we dream, it seems so real at the time. For the most part, we don’t question its reality as it’s happening. However, once we wake up, we realize and say, “Oh, that was just a dream.” I get the strong sense that much of what we are experiencing now is a dream—it’s not real. AND, I think we are getting “signals” all the time to assist us in becoming lucid, if we only have “eyes to see” and “ears to hear.”

This “dream” that we believe is reality reminds me of a story told by the “invisibles” at the start of Stewart Edward White’s final book “With Folded Wings.” Here it is:

Walk through your days as a creature with folded wings, conscious of the possession of another element and your ability to enter it.

INVISIBLE

"Caterpillar on the end of a twig; and he's eaten all the leaves and got to the end of the twig; and he's crying, because all the food in the world is eaten up, and the race of caterpillars is going to die! Besides, he's pushing out into the air in every direction, and he says he's found out everything; no place else to go. It's only a little twig, too. And he thinks that if he dies there aren't going to be any more caterpillars! ... Wait a minute, the caterpillar is saying something: that he doesn't know what's going to happen to the work of the Creator. Creator isn't going to have anything more to do; He's finished; because he (the caterpillar) was the Crowning Work, and when he's gone....

"Never saw a caterpillar cry before--it's funny. Well, it's a tragedy. All the work of the Creator is coming to an end in the highest possible thing--and he's going to die! He says there'll be nobody to pass on his enormous experience to! He's going to make a mummy case, and crawl into it--no matter how the Creator feels about it. He'll do it to spite Him. He doesn't know he's going to be a butterfly. He's crying because he's sorry for himself; he really believes he's sorry for God--all His wonderful creative work going to end! That's a sad picture!"

"Well," said the Invisible, "that's the way most of your sad pictures look from this side."

"There he goes, into his mummy case. He's shutting the door and saying: 'That's that! I'll bet God'll be sorry that He fixed it so there's nowhere else for me to go--and nothing more for me to find out!' ... Bing! There's the door shut. And a little squeaky voice coming out says.--'A-a-ll over!'

"Damfool! He doesn't know how funny he is."

"No damfool ever knows how funny he is," observed the Invisible.

"Crying because he doesn't know he's going to be a butterfly."

"No, he wouldn't want to be a butterfly," concluded the Invisible, "because he's never been one!"

It’s like the “invisibles” said in Stewart Edward White’s book “Across the Unknown”:

"This subject," said they, "is light-footed; not like the solemn tread of a processional. It has dance steps in it, and running for the joy of running, and leaping for the joy of leaping. It is as natural and cheerful as a baby playing with its toes, feeling out the most desirable activity for entertainment. This is a gracious performance. It is not a child in a schoolroom; it is a soul gracefully entering into eternity."

I love this quote. It reminds me to “lighten up when I’m taking myself and this crazy life too seriously.

At any rate, the tendency to “remain asleep” and to think that if we’re not suffering, or if it isn’t dang difficult, then we aren’t doing it right. This next excerpt also from “Across the Unknown” is such a good reminder to use as a gauge as we journey day-to-day:

“Fortunately we have one simple and reliable test of our position to which at any time we can refer ourselves. That is our state of mind. By and large, leaving aside the small mosquito-annoyances, if we are not having a peaceful, carefree, normal time on our way, count on it, we are headed for the swamp. Nervousness and depression and depletion, or exaltation and elation and extravagance: these should alike be recognized as danger signals. First aid is to take off the pressure.”

Karen, from reading your posts I really get the sense that you are experiencing much more joy in your journeying. I’m happy for you.

I now get up, as I know it’s time for work, even picking up the magazine on the floor to place it back on the dresser as I noticed an article I wanted to read in it, and headed for my bathroom. Again, no thoughts of it being anything more than my usual work day routine.

This is where I am astonished to look into the mirror and see that my appearance is that of one I had just over a year ago when my hair was a bit longer and it was pulled back in a most disheveled appearance! This startled me enough to realize, ‘hey wait, I can’t have long hair now – so I must be out of body!!!’

In order to confirm this I try to put my hand through the walls and am SO shocked to see that I can! I feel the texture changes and turn to leave the bathroom because I’m not staying here! I see the skylight above me (one that is not in this room, but another room of the house) and zoom up to leave!

Ah, eureka! The first time the “signal” didn’t work. However, the second time it did. This is such a good reminder to me to maintain an “interested curiosity” in the things happening around me.

I can still remember how it felt to pass through the skylight, having my head emerge into the cooler outside air and am so excited to think this is a NEW way of experiencing this travel! I think of my mother who lives next door and plan on visiting, but as soon as I am mostly out of the house, I feel the pullback signal and soft transitioning of a return.

Confusion reigns for a few moments upon true awakening, because I still recall the plane crash ‘dream’ and the previous attempt at getting up for work! I realize this was a ‘solid’ out of body experience into the physical, as I was ‘solidly’ convinced I was doing nothing more than my usual ‘physical’ routine!

I really wish I could explain the difference here between this OBE and my others. I know the previous OBEs were also ‘real’ in some sense, but they pale in comparison with how ‘real’ and intense I felt with this one. Phenomenal was the word I used to describe it upon recording.

Karen, like you have so kindly reminded me in my dreams: “The best indication is when it feels SIGNIFICANT.” I am SO happy for you. Your statement of: “I know the previous OBEs were also ‘real’ in some sense, but they pale in comparison with how ‘real’ and intense I felt with this one. Phenomenal was the word I used to describe it upon recording,” is such a good indication of your progress and growth. TREMENDOUS!!!

My own attempt at explaining this change is to think that my beginning OBEs were in a ‘less full’ version of myself, as I had to learn the process and ability to move about and think within this realm. With the last two experiences (one I did not post yet) there is definitely a higher degree of ‘physical-ness’ or fullness that I am experiencing. I initially thought my OBEs were different in feeling and appearance only due to the differing levels of astral realms that I enter into, but now I’m thinking it is only an additional explanation of the astral body experience. There are many levels of ‘wholeness’ you can be in as well.

I sense you’re really onto something here. Isn’t it interesting how new vistas and new possibilities appear before us as we journey along. It is a good reminder to me not get too set in my ways of: “THIS IS HOW IT IS, AND THIS IS HOW ITS ALWAYS GOING TO BE.”

Any thoughts?

Also, in hindsight, I see the fact that I dreamt I ‘had’ to get up at 4 am prior to this experience to go into the bathroom may have been ‘planned’ as well – that gave me a ‘comparison’ visit to the bathroom that allowed me to see that the next one was to be questioned!! Lol

Karen, I just want to thank you for you diligence in recording your experiences—I know this can take a lot of time to do—and your willingness to share them here. You inspire me. Take care. –Keith :)

5. karen659

karen659 Member

Keith, thank you once again for your wonderful post in response to my experience. You are certainly growing and developing yourself in your search for the 'truth' - which you are finding will be different for every one of us...and yet....very much the same!

Not only calm assurance, but undeniable and absolute certainty! lol I do not fear death at all...but I also do not seek it until that time when I know I am ready...I still have SO much to learn! :)

You are most definitely on the right direction here, although many will not/cannot understand this. The spirit realm IS our true home...and we shall 'awaken' from THIS dream in the physical to find ourselves 'home' again when we pass over. To me, the other advantage of OBEs to having the opportunity to 'visit home' while we are in this 'dream' gaining new experiences to add to our existence/self!

This goes right along with the great caterpillar story you shared...I loved it!! There is SO much we do not know, nor can we due to our limitations, however, the 'trust and faith' that you need to have in the Universe and all it offers will allow you to experience many 'new vistas and possibilities', as you say! If only we could see what others see...but sharing our knowledge and remaining open-minded to all perspectives is key to continued growth!

Thanks so much for the kind words and sharing your thoughts...they are MOST appreciated!

Karen

6. karen659

karen659 Member

I thought I should put a post here after hearing of the horrible plane crash in my home state of New York near Buffalo (about a 6 hour drive from my house) - In reading the news releases I am astounded at the similarity of this crash and my description from 2/1/09:

The similarity of the 'nose-dive' by eyewitnesses, into only my front yard (damage was not widespread), and even one survivor's name being Karen is just too eerie! (Not to mention the fact that her last name is very familiar sounding to me for some reason!!!)

But I do want to allay any fears for those who remember reading my post to let them know it was not me!

I have more experiences to come, and it's tough to just keep up! Will be posting more shortly...

Karen

7. karen659

karen659 Member

2/15/09

For this experience, I had set the intention of trying to ‘real time’ connect with NJ and seeing if we were able to send/receive any images, energy, etc. and to have another OBE if possible.

I woke about 1:45am and went to the couch, and can say now that I had a great response from the ‘connection’ with NJ – a tremendous amount of energy and images were validated and correlated by him! :)

Next memory is that I remember I was able to climb OOB, feeling that heavy sensation as if close to physical again. It was dark, but I was able to get my vision improved by pulling off whatever I felt I had around my eyes to see again. I moved away from the couch, because I didn’t want to ‘see’ myself on it (knowing I’d go back in!) and moved to the front door.

I passed my dog Buddy, and remember calling to him, ‘let’s go’ thinking he’d like to accompany me. Facing Buddy, but moving backward, I remember figuring it’d be different to float backwards out the front door, so I did!

It was totally dark, but I put out the intention to zoom up and go see the Earth from space again as a primary destination. Somehow, within that blackness of travel, I felt or was told that I had to go where I was needed.

I next became aware of lying back on the couch, listening to some talk, as if a radio station DJ. It was so clear, and because this has been a ‘signal’ that I’m still OOB, I just let go and enjoyed listening to what was being said. However, I have no memory of what he was talking about!

I realized then that someone was lying on the couch next to me, as I could feel strong male arms wrapped around me! He spoke but so softly that I had to ask him to repeat words at times. Enjoying this ‘closeness’, I figured it was a guide (or someone I wanted it to be!) and didn’t try to intervene.

However, upon further realization that our closeness was much too ‘physical’, (as I could remember what it felt like recently to be with one who is more ‘spiritually’ vibrating), I asked, “who’s here with me?” as I moved away from the couch.

I saw a white male, average build, with straggly blond chin-length hair and unshaven face. He appeared to be angry at someone, telling me emphatically about how his brother did something to him (something about a meal?) I had to change his emotions, and upon hearing he had five sons, I asked more about them. His demeanor changed, and he became the proud happy father, telling me their ages (17, 15, 12, 10, ? ) and I could see I had his attention.

I am not really sure how this ended - however, I do know that the ‘door’ in my living room was important in the final outcome. I know he needed help, and I am guessing that I had to get him to realize there was more for him ‘through the door’ so that he’d go and find his way to the Light.

My next recall is that I am back on the couch, and can hear what sounds like the countdown for a rocket take-off! 5 -4-3-2-1…..I could see a matrix of color and light patterns on the ceiling, as if blinking lights and movement, feeling like I’m about to ‘take off’!!!

I hear the words, “a new beginning” “a new phase just starting” or at least something to that effect. I’m thinking how ‘intense’ it all feels, SO much more than the usual false awakening!! It assumed it was a false awakening as I knew I was on the couch, but this intense ‘feeling’ was something new!

Now, my next recollection IS that of a false awakening, as I hear my son coming into the room, yet I know he’s not really here! He moves to the couch where I am and starts tickling me with a feather in my face to try to wake me!! I knew I had to stay with it and just ‘let go’ to see what happens next.

Lying on the couch, I now feel a small hand next to me, knowing it’s a child. I sit up, and see this young boy around age 10. I ask him his name, and he tells me ‘Jonathan’, and then starts telling me how he hates ‘music class’ and other school problems. Again, I know I have to help and I am not sure what to say or do!

I ask him if anyone is here with him or if he saw any Light. Again, I have only the vaguest memory of the ending, as Jonathan then moved to part of the couch where my head would lie, as if looking for something he lost. I could barely hear what he was saying, and my memory of the ending is lost at this point. I would hope that having Jonathan look for something may have been all that was needed to get him to ‘find’ those who were there to help him.

Once again, because all these events have now passed, I’m aware enough to know that I have to get something recorded or all will be lost! I find my recorder, and sure enough, it’s in pieces!! This time, however, I KNOW it’s not true, so I force myself to awaken a bit more and try to find it again.

For a second and even a third time, (!) I found my recorder in pieces, but each time knowing I just had to force myself awake a bit more so that I could record it! Until I woke completely and actually recorded what I could remember, I was so ‘deep’ that I knew I could have moved back into another OBE easily, however, I wanted to have as much as I could recorded!

After recording, I did go back OOB one more time, and this time definitely met my guide who gave me a ‘hand squeeze’ while I was traveling to let me know it was him! I will post here the beginning of the experience, but not its entirety as it had a lot to do with my personal learning and would not be as interesting.

What is interesting about this last experience is how I took control and changed the experiences to fit my needs and move OOB. I remember trying to get back to my ‘car’ (aka body, symbolically I believe) after being somewhere. I found my car sitting in water, as the ice that it had previously been parked on had melted to a great degree! (symbolic of a 'breaking down'?)

The only way I was going to get back, was to try to step upon this submerged ‘stone’ in the water, to use as a stepping stone to reach the car. The water was deep, dirty, and murky, and I was fearful of falling into it. (Symbolism for the subconscious (water) and the ‘unclean/unhealthy’ emotions that melted into it?)

Of course, trying to step upon this stone, I did slip and fall completely into the water!! However, instead of panic and fear, I somehow knew that I just had to ‘let go’ once again, and take control. I could feel the water as it seeped up around my head and ears, and decided I was not going to stay here! I made the intention that this water was river rapids to get some movement going.

The movement started and the clean bubbling water was so refreshing and fun! Now the movement became faster and I sat up as if on a slide, enjoying the swaying and swishing fun that a long mountainous slide would give me!

This is where I became aware of arms around me again, and as I put my arms up to enjoy the ride (like you see on roller coasters!), I grabbed the hands of the one behind me and he gave me this ‘knowing’ squeeze as if to let me know that all is going to be ok! This one was definitely my guide or another close spiritual friend!

We had so much fun on the slide, and at the bottom when it was time to ‘shoot off’ the end of it, there was such an intense energy shift that my guide/friend had to hold on tight to me to prevent my separation from him! The experience then changed to one that gave me a personal message of learning, which appropriately fits the beginning symbolism of this experience.

Thanks for hanging in and reading this long one...my experiences have certainly been kicked up a notch in their intensity and degree of learning.

I hope by sharing these experiences, everyone who reads these can also know that they too CAN do this! I am no one special, with the same abilities as everyone...the first step is always just taking note of what you remember in your 'dreams' and and write/record them! After a while you become 'aware' that you are dreaming while in it, and that's when you take control!

As always, any insight is greatly appreciated!!

Karen

8. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Hi Karen,
    It seems that we are both online at this moment. I just wanted to let you know that I got your email and have read your second to latest posting. How very interesting! Is this an example of clairvoyance, of seeing "possibilities" of the future. My mom use to have dreams like yours. I remember one morning she got up and started describing a dream she had of a train north of our farm wrecking. The very thing she dreamed occurred a couple of days latter.

Perhaps, these "gifts" are just some of the possible signs of becoming more conscious. Karen, aspects of your own learning and development in consciousness reminds of my dear friend "Betty's" own journey. Here is another few excerpts from Stewart Edward White's book "The Betty Book" in which I thought you might find similarities to your own journey. Then, of course, I could be way off. Take care. --Keith :)

P.S. I have had some dreams lately that I'd like to get your insight on. I'll share them with you later.

Another bit of common sense—or at least it seemed common sense to me—was the direct statement that the object was not primarily the development of "psychic" power in Betty. That was to be of secondary importance. The main objective was, first, the development of an easier and surer method of communication; and, second, an expansion of her consciousness to a capacity of understanding things to be communicated. . . .

"Keep the emphasis on the usability and practical application of the teaching," they said. "Necessarily in order to redress the balance we have to stimulate the spiritual side; but the aim is not the development of psychic powers. To the world the interest will reside in practical application to everyday life; a thing it doubts as to the most of spiritual development. The natural tendency is to seek psychic powers rather than practice human living. All truly spiritual teachings have been acknowledged as truth, have carried within themselves the conviction of truth; but always they have been put aside as unattainable. We are trying to give a commonplace working plan to make them attainable. The gap has grown wider and wider between ideal and achievement because of one-sided education, lack of cultivation, and even lack of acknowledgment, of the spiritual being. We try to give a graded instruction from kindergarten up, to convey a method of arousing and stimulating and strengthening spiritual faculties dormant through generations of neglect." . . .

Parenthetically, that portion of our experiences that had to do with development, as distinct from the teaching, was largely aimed at the elimination of this coloring. The mind of the ordinary sensitive is, by the very fact of sensitivity, peculiarly prone, under almost any stimulus, to seize upon a content of its storehouse mind and gallop off with it down to its logical conclusion. If one is naturally "psychic" one may easily and promptly get something extra-normal. But there will be with it an awful amount of chaff for a few grains of wheat. The better and more rugged the physical health, the easier the contact; the better the nervous and spiritual control, the less likely a runaway into irrelevancies. The effort with Betty seemed directed toward these things, and NOT toward the development of "psychic power." The thesis appeared to be that only by an emphasis on everyday living could anything approaching habitual reliability be attained. . . .

(The Betty Book by Stewart Edward White)

9. karen659

karen659 Member

Keith, thank you for this excerpt - as I can directly relate to much of what it is saying!

It is SO true that there is a fine line between what we can do and how we are able to process it in terms of where we are at in the development of our physical bodies and mind.

It is interesting to know too that I have been especially careful with my physical body in the sense of diet and exercise lately, and I DO believe I was directed to do this somehow! It appears that it does in part explain my increasing intensity and abilities.

Thank you again...and please keep it coming! I learn so much from everyone who share their thoughts here and elsewhere!

Let me know if I can help you anytime...and don't hesitate to directly email me if you wish not to post personal anything here...

All my best,
    Karen

10. karen659

karen659 Member

I thought I’d take the time to make sure those of you who are really interested in learning how to dreamwalk and travel out of body are aware of the upcoming workshops to be held by my mentor, Mr. William Buhlman, author of Adventures Beyond the Body and Secrets of the Soul.

As you may know, I attended one of his workshops and it was one of the best experiences I ever had! I highly recommend those who are able to attend to do so, you won’t regret it! It may even help you move ahead with your own experiences, just as it did with mine!

See my blog posts #20 and #21 for more details as to what the workshop incorporates and for my OBE I had during that workshop!

If you can, please go!
    Be sure to tell Mr. Buhlman, as you will get a chance to talk to him personally, that Karen sent you! :)

Below are the workshop sites and dates, and you can follow this link to find the contact information and more details: Upcoming Events

PLEASE GO IF YOU CAN! And let me know how YOU liked it!

Wishing you much success,
    Karen

WILLAM BUHLMAN’S
    Adventures Beyond the Body Workshops

BOULDER, COLORADO
    The Avalon 6185 Arapahoe Rd. Boulder, CO
    Located at the base of the Flatirons in the Rocky Mountain Front Range
    March 20-22, 2009

SEDONA, ARIZONA
    Sedona Masonic Lodge, 135 Shrine Road, Sedona, Arizona
    A wonderful location situated in the scenic heart of Sedona
    April 17-19, 2009

South American Workshop
    CARACAS, VENEZUELA
    San Antonio de los Altos, Vía Amarillo, Calle Sur 1, Los Pinitos Villa Rafols, Estado Miranda, Venezuela
    May 8-10, 2009

LYON, FRANCE
    A wonderful B&B location situated in the scenic rolling hills of southern France.
    June 13-14, 2009

ROME, ITALY
    A great location near the Forum in the heart of Rome
    June 20-21, 2009

11. Panthau

Panthau Member

This is very interesting. I got to read the whole thread if i got the time.

I began about 3 months ago trying to astral project...just got into that state where the body vibrates and you hear explosions and such. After a few weeks i stopped trying, the vibrating disappeared and i gave it up for that moment. But now those vibrations are back, even if i didnt do anything special. Gotta train myself to not unintentionally stop those vibrations.

So, im like a baby in that context and have nothing interesting to say. Thats why i thought i gotta post it :)

Pan

12. karen659

karen659 Member

Hi Pan! ...and thanks for posting!

On the contrary, I feel you have made great leaps in your discovery of the astral realms! It is not an easy feat to do for many, and I know of quite a few people who would gladly get as far as you have with the vibrations and sounds.

Focus and intention, (as you have found when it stopped when you stopped trying), drives much of the experiences, especially in the beginning. When you give the time to read and learn, take the time to practice, and then take the time to write your experiences in a journal, your mind knows it is now an important task in your life and will then be more likely to give what you expect of it (Law of Attraction).

Just curious, how do you feel you are stopping the vibrations? Fear? Excitement? Both are difficult to control, but just know you CAN and you WILL! Learn to 'let go' and let the experience just happen!

Contrary to what you said, you do have much to share as a beginning traveler. :) These experiences can be very individualized and somewhere someone is needed to hear how YOU are doing it!

Keep me posted!
    Karen:)

13. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hi Karen & thx 4 your reply,

These vibrations i got once were more like strong energy waves (i get vibrations nearly every night more or less, but not those strong energy waves). Before that happend, i dreamed that im sitting on a loading space of a car driving around, and i thought with that "me" that im now going to make contact...i then started to meditate and then i fell "into me" with enormous speed...waking up in my bed with those energy waves and sounds. So it felt like my subconscious just wanted to show me that all i read about those things are true...but not more for the moment :)

Since i began with astral projection, i think about it "every" day and nearly try to at least watch me falling asleep every night (i made it a few times to the point where i heared myself snore lol, but there was no sleep paralysis). But i got the feeling that i will experience it, when the time is ready, so im not trying too hard.

I think those vibrations stop, because im just too excited. Theres no fear, but maybe i spend too much attention to the vibrations (and so to my body).

Im wrote down every experience i had since i begun on esoterikforum.at...but thats in german :)

So, may i ask, how far have you gotten in that context?

Pan

14. karen659

karen659 Member

Pan...

Excitement is difficult to control, as when the vibrations come, you know you are almost there! Yes, the idea is to just 'know' that they are there and to move on to the next stage, which is separation! Take it as a signal, and do the 'roll out' or sit up or whatever you feel is right. You may be surprised how well it works!

I'm not sure what you are asking of me...how far have I gotten regarding what?

-Karen

15. karen659

karen659 Member

2/26/09 Controlling Fear, Sending Love

I moved to the couch about 3am with the intention of attempting to travel. My first recollection was not one of a direct OBE, but it seemed to relate to the general theme of the night’s events so I am writing that here as well.

I found myself in a local shopping mall parking lot at night, looking for a parking space. I notice many other cars there, all trying to squeeze into spots available. I park my car, and start walking toward the building when I notice that the lights are out and I can barely see!

I know I saw a curb and avoided that, trying to remain in the roadway. It became pitch black, and I became aware of others walking near me as I could hear them talking. I sensed a bit of fear, because I didn’t know who these people were and then became aware of ‘hearing’ my own thoughts!

I heard the words, ‘fear’ and ‘bad guy’ and felt like someone was coming after me! I was being forced to the ground, but amazingly I kept under control and just went with the flow, not fighting anything because somehow I ‘knew’ I could not be hurt! The entire experience faded with that thought…and I awoke.

Getting back to sleep with the intention of travel again, I now find myself in full vibrations, knowing I can separate. I roll out as usual, but this time it is the difficult separation in that I felt so heavy and out of control. I could barely move, and it was only with strong affirmations of “to the door!” that I moved to the dining room.

I stopped because I thought I heard someone say something, and asked, “Is anyone there?” I received no response and decided to just move outdoors as I didn’t feel ‘stable’ enough to maintain much of this experience. In hindsight, however, it may have been the man you will read about at the end of this experience.

Moving outdoors, I see the familiar trees in my yard and it gives me validation that I am out. (Despite my frequent OBE’s, I still feel reassured when I see things that validate my experience!) Without a specific destination planned, I use my preferred ‘to my higher self!’ affirmation to go wherever my spirit feels I will learn best.

I zoom up to the dark sky, seeing tiny dots of white lights in the blackness as I move forward. It changes to the sensation of the backward black tunnel – and it continues for quite a while! When it stops, though, I find myself once again back on the couch, feeling like I’m awake!

With hesitating, I just roll back off the couch and once again, find it is heavy and difficult to move. Affirming ‘to the door!’ I move to the front door and still find my movements difficult and not as clear as they can be.

I move to the front yard and still feeling heavy and ‘grounded’ as I lie on the soft grass. Looking up, I see my parent’s house next door, and decide I’d like to just go see what’s going on over there. However, no amount of affirmations or intentions made me move!

As I’m lying there, I’m wondering what’s happening? I look to my hands and see they are ‘glowing’, signaling and validating that I am indeed out of body, just hindered in my movements.

I spy a bit of paper lying near me and I start to pick up the long strip of paper, wondering “what is this for?” It appears to be EKG paper (familiar strips of long paper I use regularly at work in the hospital) and as I move to pick the continuous strip of paper up, I notice it is wrapped completely around my house, from end to end!!

My thoughts at that time were that somehow it was showing me that this experience would be ‘work-related’, but I am still not sure how it is. I also remember thinking, “I can’t let experience go too long as I need to record it”, but then decided I didn’t do too much, so I wouldn’t stop the experience yet!

As I realize there is just too much paper here to pick up, I let go of it…only to find myself immediately back in body on the couch! Thinking I’m awake, but not being sure, I am able to roll out and once again find myself standing in the living room.

This time it was an easy roll out, and I even remember thinking, ‘wow, third time’s the charm!’ As I begin to move away, I am aware of someone standing just behind me, off to my right.

I see the dark shape of a man, with a growling ‘zombie-like’ voice that says, “Give me more medicine now!” He grabs both my hands and holds them tight!

Somehow I am able to maintain control of my fear, even though I’m backing up to move away! I know I can’t be hurt, but it was an intense ‘sound’ to his voice, and the ‘physical’ grasp of his hands was very real!

He repeated “Give me more medicine now!” and I remember thinking I have to do something, but what? So I say, “Go to the Light!” (Not really knowing why I said this!) He continues to hold my hands and growl, so I reaffirm, “go to the Light!”

I have the ‘knowing’ that there is more I need to do, but I cannot think clearly enough to remember with this very real sensation of physical touch. So I add, “go to the Light NOW!” hoping that this would help, only to realize as he released my hands that I should have sent him Love!

I believe this experience was a learning one to show me that I still need some help in remembering that it is Love that conquers all fear! I am able to control the fear, and maintain the experience, however, I need to also remember that in order to help, and I have to send Love in return.

These experiences with fear, both my own thoughts of fear (as in the parking lot) and fear of ‘close’ encounters were given to show me that in order to move ahead, I must learn to emanate Love to all I meet.

16. Panthau

Panthau Member

Wow, weird experiences, you´re making here :)
    It seems similar to our physical beeing...you can fight anything
    (and be successfull in that, for the moment)
    or you can be empathic and learn to know that everything has a
    good core and is just in a learning state.

About those vibrations:
    The weird thing is, i have those vibrations without sleep paralysis (or at least i think so). So if i try to do something physical, i really do it...so maybe, those vibrations arent strong enough yet.

Most times i get those vibrations only on different parts of my body...i once got them all over my head to my shoulders and was able to grow it...and every part of my body, that begun to vibrate, felt like its igniting.

I just dont know, if i should practice astral projection, or if it will work anyway when im ready for it. Because its useless to put energy into it, if it wont work anyway for the moment.

Pan

17. karen659

karen659 Member

Gee thanks, I think! lol Yes, I know this sending love works, as I have used it before quite successfully. However, this time....<sigh>...I just couldn't remember!

This is actually common, to make a physical movement when you think you should be able to separate. It might be best for you to just try to visualize floating - picture yourself as a cloud, or smoke, or a balloon...anything that will 'lift' you up! Even a ladder to climb up might work.... I remember many times my 'signal' was the sensation that my legs were floating straight up!

Ahhh, but I disagree here! It IS the practice and time and effort (aka intention) that you put on the value and desire to go OOB that correlates directly to the degree of success! Giving up will not make it come quicker!

Be sure you are doing all you can to place a strong intention to your 'self' that this is important and you wish to do so! Read, read, read on the subject and be sure to write everything down that you dream, feel, or see! Dream journalling can be SO helpful...even the insignificant ones can show a theme or focus that maybe you can use for some direction.

I know I have some links on the bottom of my blog you can use for reading, but also books by other OBE authors will give additional techniques. Remember no two people will have the same abilities or experiences, so you shouldn't base your experiences on others. Just use them for reference and KNOW that you WILL succeed....and you WILL!!

Hope this helps...

Karen

18. Panthau

Panthau Member

I tried that not only once...didnt work yet. But thanks for the tip!

Yeah, you´re right of course...it depends on the perspective. I never gave totaly up, i just didnt tried as hard as before. I´ll try it now with the HemiSync "Out of body journey" CD´s. Maybe more luck with them :)

I thought about it...the main problem is not that im so excited, its my inner control...i wont let go of having control over what happens, and that destroys the experience...cause its just not controlable. Gotta work on that.

I´ve seen your blog, its impressive! Gotta read a bit when i got the time.

Pan

19. karen659

karen659 Member

Another good point that I totally forgot about! I DID use binaural beat type meditations and such in the beginning. I'm sure that helped! Once you 'learn' the sensations of what to look for and how it all is supposed to 'feel', then you don't need to use them - as least that's what I did.

AHhhh, yes! I can totally relate to that need! lol Learning to 'just let go' is difficult - you tend to want to analyze all that is happening and look for the next stage, etc. Try to take the uninterested 'oh gee, something is happening and I'll just lie here to wait and see what goes on next' attitude...

Don't expect! Don't think what SHOULD happen next, or want to happen...as this experience is SO individualized, everyone will have a different M.O. depending on your level of ability, beliefs, and expectations!

How nice of you to say this! I DO try to make it as interesting as possible, because I always want others to learn to do what I do! I am really no one special, with no special talents...the same as everyone!

When you read it more, let me know if you any questions arise or if there are any suggestions for improvement. I'm always open to comments!

Thanks again,
    Karen

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  20. karen659

karen659 Member

3/13/09

There has been much turmoil in my life over the past few weeks and as usual, my ability to remember my travels OOB diminishes. I know I am still having my usual frequent exits, however, no matter how I try, the conscious recall of the event fades very quickly when fully awake.

What is interesting is that I can recall trying to remember details while being out with my usual technique of word associations, but every time, once fully awake and back in the ‘real world’, there is no memory left except knowing I was out.

This last experience I am sharing here mainly because I feel it was unusual in my ability to ‘physically’ feel not only texture, but also emotions! Up to this time, I have learned quite well to ‘control’ my emotional responses to anything I encountered, knowing that any extreme emotional response (other than love/happiness) will end my travels. This time, there were physical sensations and emotions that caused even more loss of control and lack of accomplishment within the experience.

There were multiple exits this night, but unfortunately there are few details except for the following. The first time I became aware of my readiness to separate, I easily rolled out, but found myself standing in darkness, barely able to move! I remember calling out for a friend (NJ), in an attempt to move. But for some reason I was immediately back in body, but quickly feeling the readiness to separate sensation.

I rolled out for the second time, and with my “to the door!” affirmation, I started moving but with extreme difficulty! I felt so heavy and so sluggish; I just wanted to get to the door as quickly as possible. I recall seeing my dog Buddy watching me, so I called for him to come with me. I felt concerned and upset for some reason.

It was still dark and I couldn’t see well, so I made a beeline for the front door feeling every texture change as I passed through the different pieces of furniture in my hurry to get outside. (I realize now that with my regular OBEs, I would normally take the usual ‘path’ around the furniture as I do in physical, but this time I was so intent on getting outside, I just moved straight to the door through the furniture!)

Again, I could sharply feel the texture change as I passed through the front door, and I remember standing in my front yard, now feeling the ‘tingle’ of raindrops falling! I recall I was surprised to discover that it was raining!

Suddenly, I found myself back in body, for the third time with the signal to separate. Again, I moved to the front door and outside, still very heavy and barely able to see. This time, I remember feeling the rain drops ‘tingle’ once again, and decided I would try to fly. Again no success with my usual quick take off, so this time I thought maybe I could at least ‘lift and drift’, moving slowly. Thankfully, I was pleased to discover I was lifting gently, but once again, I didn’t get far before finding myself back into body.

I also remember that a few times being out with these first experiences of the night, that I tried desperately to ‘see’ more clearly (as I did not remember to us my ‘Clarity now!’ affirmation.) Instead I remember trying to ‘physically’ open my eyes and I recall that it felt as though I WAS opening them for real! But with the realization that I was seeing ‘too much light’ AND feeling them physically opening, I quickly closed them and continued with the experience.

The last outing of the night began with another ‘false awakening’ that I was at least aware of enough to let it continue. I could hear my stepson and a few of his friends come into the living room directly to the couch where I was sleeping! One sat in the chair next to me, and the others were talking and milling around, paying no attention to me sleeping next to them!

I remember I tried to make a few movements and small noises to let them know I was there (as I am never sure when a false awakening occurs - but felt fairly sure this one was!) One friend even tried to pull the covers off of me, and remember having to grab them back to let them know I was there!
    The group moves into the kitchen, and I am rather upset to think the friends were invited over without my knowledge. I realize by now this is definitely a false awakening, and I’m curious so I take this time to easily roll out of body to follow them!

I watched them for a time, while standing outside the kitchen, but then decided I wanted to make contact so I moved into the kitchen and around the lunch counter. I am now trying to make noise to get their attention, and I know I am talking but they are not hearing me!

I recall hearing my ‘voice’, having it sound like a dull “ wah,wah,wah”, and coming out unintelligible. I realize I am not getting anywhere, I am feeling very frustrated, upset, and unable to think properly. Knowing these are emotions I have to control, I try to send ‘love’, but the best I can muster is ‘gratitude’. (I really don’t know what this means, but that’s what I recorded, so that’s what I’m writing!)

I move back to the dining room area, with the realization I was going to lose the experience, and now feeling quite physically ill and nauseous! Trying to prolong the OOB experience, I tried the little spin and affirmation “to my higher self!” but this spinning only made me more nauseous!!! I have never ever experienced such physical sensations while being OOB before!

I am not sure what is happening with me, so I decide to end the experience intentionally, something else I have never done before! I think directly of my physical body (which was easy since I was feeling such intense physical emotions!) and was able to return quickly.

I know this isn’t much of an experience to share, as I felt was not fully functioning and my emotions seemed to be out of control. However, there were some differences I ‘felt’ from my usual exits, so I thought I’d write this one.

I will share with everyone, however, what I did discover soon after that night’s experiences. That same time that I was OOB, my friend NJ was experiencing some intense emotional upset that I feel I may have somehow picked up on!

There is no way to firmly validate this connection, however, the time and sensations seem to ‘fit’ and since my intention that night was to visit with him, perhaps I shared this turmoil and became more ‘emotional’ and therefore less functioning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.