1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Out of Body Travel

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by karen659, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

My Latest Dream

Hi Karen,
    I posted this dream on another thread I started in this forum, but I just wanted to make sure you got it so I posted it here in your thread too. --Keith :)

Keith’s dream of Friday, November 14, 2008 (recorded upon waking at 0614 AM):

Context: I awoke at 0358 AM, and got up and went to the bathroom. Back in bed, I turned on my iPod Touch and checked for posts on the Project Meditation Forum. I then went to my email account at work and read some of my students’ journal entries for the “Hardiness” class they’re taking from me. Before falling back to sleep, I repeated from memory both the Monroe Institute “Gateway Affirmation” and my good friend, author, and consciousness explorer, Stewart Edward White’s “Affirmation.” I then repeated my own “Personal Creed” from memory. Here are both affirmations:

The Gateway Affirmation
    I am more than my physical body. Because I am more than physical matter, I can perceive that which is greater than the physical world. Therefore, I deeply desire to Expand, to Experience; to Know, to Understand; to Control, to Use such greater energies and energy systems as may be beneficial and constructive to me and to those who follow me. Also, I deeply desire the help and cooperation, the assistance, the understanding of you, my friends, whose wisdom, development and experience are equal or greater than my own. I ask your guidance and protection from any influence or any source that might provide me with less than my stated desires.

Stewart Edward White’s Affirmation
    Friends, whatever I have of capacity and power to attract and pass on from the Source, I wish you to have and to use in whatever way is in the best interests of the work we are doing. It is for you only, and no other need apply.

And then, I fell back to sleep and started to dream . . . I kept slipping back and forth in that “bridge world” that exists between dreams and wakefulness . . .

I find myself back in Montana near our small 22 acre farm in Sun River Valley where I grew up. The light is dark. It feels like it’s towards evening. There’s not a lot of clarity right now. It’s kind of like being in a subdued or gray toned watercolor painting—a painting where the colors are all running together into one another.

I get the feeling that I want to go somewhere. I decide to take a short jaunt—“short” jaunt. Hah, hah, hah! It’s over 16 miles—up the valley and on the bench to the town of Fairfield. I begin running. It feels so good to be able to run so fast, to run so freely and easily. In a few moments, I find myself on the outskirts of the small farming community town of Fairfield. I enter on the east side of town like I use to when I was a kid and before they put in that new road that brings you around to enter on the west side of town. I notice the old “Meyer’s Ditch Company” to my left and the “7 to 11” store on my right. In my dream, there’s a “round-about” here now. I wait for an old fashioned trolley to pass, and then I dart across the street.

I remember that my older sister, Terry, lives with her husband just a mile or so on the outskirts of Fairfield. I think: “Oh, wouldn’t it be fun if I just surprise her by dropping by her place unexpectedly and saying, ‘Hi sis! I was just in the area. Thought I’d drop by and say, “Hello.”

I look down and notice that I have no shoes on—just some old thick woolen socks—and that I’m only wearing long-john tops and bottoms and a zip-up hooded sweat shirt. I also notice that I have my wallet with me. The thought comes into my mind that I better get some shoes and pants before I go and see my sister Terry.

I remember that there’s a thrift store in Fairfield. I head up town to go there. I can’t find the front entrance, so I enter in at a backdoor. I can tell that this isn’t the right way into the shop. I notice a sheet of ragged black plastic hanging down in front of me like a veil or curtain. I can hear a couple of ladies in the back of the thrift shop visiting. It feels like they are the “owners” or “keepers” of this shop. I call out, “Excuse me, but how do I get to the front of this shop?”

They kindly and patiently give directions:

“Go left, then right, then down some stairs.”

I go back out the way I came. I go left, then right, open a door and go down these old broken and dilapidated wooden stairs. They’re completely covered in this huge pile of shifting and sliding sand and debris. The area I’m descending into seems to be some junky garage type area. I notice an old yellow truck used for potato harvesting and sorting, some old car axels, some old rusted metal milk crates, some old boards over the tops of 50 gallon drums, and other assorted pieces of typical old garage junk. Once at the bottom, I hear some children playing. I walk over to what seems to be the back entry to some kind of child care center.

I realize that I must be lost again because this can’t be the right way into the thrift shop. So, I start to climb back out. The sand and debris keeps sifting out from under my feet with each labored step upward. At last, I’m almost out and back to the top landing again. I call out—actually it’s more like I “think” out: “Hey, I’m lost again. How about a little help here?

I get a “sending” from the “ladies” in the thrift shop upstairs. They send this: “smiling, kindly, patient, ‘my you are entertaining’-type message”—kind of like the message a loving parent or older sibling would give to their clumsy—but highly entertaining—younger son, or younger brother, that they are particularly fond of.

“Hang in there. We’re sending someone down to get you.”

I keep struggling upward. To my right, I notice some wooden and concrete staircase remnants. I reach my right foot over there, get a bit of a firm footing, and push up.

A “guy” walks in from above. He reaches a hand down towards me. I push off with my right foot as the pile of sand shifts and slides out from under me, and reach upward to grab his extended hand.

I wake up and record this dream. It feels really significant and rich in symbolism for me. It was a very pleasant and interesting dream. It kind of feels like the “two ladies” who were the “keepers” of the thrift shop and the “guy” who reached down his hand to help me up were more advanced spiritual beings who might have been some of my “spirit guides.” As Karen always says, “I welcome any impressions or insights any of you would like to share.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  2. karen659

karen659 Member

Keith,
    I will say that your 'impressions' are probably the most significant for any dream interpretation, as you were the one who experienced those 'feelings' and events. I already agree, however, that these individuals within the store most likely were actual guides for you, as they were most helpful in answering all requests for help. (I also know the 'fun-entertaining' aspect is almost always a part of any interaction with my guides as well! lol)

I also want to tell you that I remember a dream I had that was almost exactly like this one about a year ago....only I didn't have the ladies and guy to help! But it was a thrift store with junk all over to wade through, and children waiting at the back door step....

I thought I'd share some interpretations found online that may help in giving insight to some symbolism here:

Clothing
    To dream of your clothes, is symbolic of your public self and how you are perceived. It is indicative of the act you put on in front of others. Clothes is also an indication of your condition and status in life. (You are feeling vulnerable and open in your perceived 'less than optimal' dress, and need to find proper 'cover' to visit family)

Shoes
    To dream that you are not wearing any shoes, signifies that you have a lack of confidence in yourself and low self-assurance. You may be dealing with issues concerning your self-identity. Thus if you dream that you lose your shoes, then it suggests that you may be searching for your identity and finding/exploring who you are. If your forget your shoes, then it suggests that you are leaving restraints behind you. You are refusing to conform to some idea or attitude.

Thrift store
    To dream that you are at a thrift shop, suggests that there are still things to be learned and gained from past experiences or what is seemingly worthless. The thrift shop may also symbolize ideas or skills that you may have forgotten and can draw from in a current situation.

Children
    To see children in your dream, signifies your own childlike qualities or a retreat back to a childlike state. It is an extension of your inner child during a time of innocence, purity, simplicity, and a carefree attitude. You may be longing for the past and the chance to satisfy repressed desires and unfulfilled hopes.

Junk
    To see junk in your dream, symbolizes your need to get rid of and discard old ways of thinking and old habits.

Sand
    To see sand in your dream, signifies a shift in perspective or a change in your attitude.

In essence, it makes sense...you are right now trying to sort through your past learning to see how it will fit with what's happening now in your life, and finding there are things (perspectives) that may need to be more open or changed in order to learn more about what you are seeking. Your guides are there to help you, whenever you ask, you just have to 'reach out' to them....

Just my two cents, but I hope it helps!!

Karen

3. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Hi Karen,
    Thanks for the input. The information you included was really helpful in helping me to understand this dream better.

You mention that you had a dream about a year ago that was quite similar to this one of mine. Is it recorded on your blog, and if so what is the date? I'd love to read about it. I wish you well this day. --Keith :)

4. karen659

karen659 Member

Keith, I just spent quite a while going through my blog entries, and cannot find that experience! I only hope it wasn't one that I didn't write up! (which would be unusual, but always possible!)- especially since I can still recall what the 'junk shop' looked like inside, the cracked/broken step I had to climb up to get into the shop, as well as the children who were waiting for me when I came out!

<sigh> - I promise, if I find it, I'll post it....

But thanks for making me sort through my writings....I see now there are quite a few I didn't post and maybe should have...I can see just how far I have progressed in the past year and am just amazed...

Glad you found my post helpful...always makes my day!! :)

Karen

5. karen659

karen659 Member

I have been having some very different types of ‘dreams’ and OBEs lately in the sense that I feel I do not have the control or ability to determine my movements in a pre-planned manner.

I thought since there aren’t any great experiences to report, I would still share a sample of what I am encountering at this time. The past few weeks have been rather upsetting and disconcerting for me, and I know this always plays a role in my OOB experiences, usually in reducing the frequency of exit. However, I know I am still ‘getting out’, but have neither the recall nor the ability to determine my movements as I once did.

11/19/08

I became aware of my signal that I was ready to roll out and attempted to move. It was very difficult to get up out of the body as I had to exit from my side instead of straight up. It was dark once again, feeling blind and heavy, yet I could hear noises clearly. There were conversations and white static type noise drifting in and out.

I knew due to my real life issues that concentrating would be difficult so I had set the intention prior to meet with my guide Richard and ask for his help. While standing there, I remembered to ask, “Richard, where are you?” and immediately received the answer from the other side of the front door, “I am here”. However, it was just too heavy and thick to move and I reentered my body and faded back to being aware.

Shortly thereafter, I exited a second time, but once again had no control. I felt as though I was being pulled backward down the other bedroom hallway (one I have never traveled down before in an OBE). I could feel my arms out to my sides, and the different textures as we passed through the various walls and objects. I could feel the floating and flying sensation, however, it faded to blackness and I have no further recall.

A third time this same night I was aware of being awake and feeling the vibrations start. I was consciously able to increase and decrease their intensity, sometimes to the point of being almost painful. I was not able to exit, but then realized my ‘astral vision’ was opening as I clearly saw ‘into’ the aperture that was opening. I knew I was lying on the couch, looking up into the most beautiful starry sky once again, but through a ‘windshield’ of sorts, that quickly became a canopy of leaves. I knew I was wide awake, in a very light state of consciousness and yet seeing the night sky as it was framed by the gentle sway of leaves on trees.

It was also during this timeframe that I recall seeing my husband and son come into the living room and leaving through the front door, as I felt there had been a fire call they had to respond to (both volunteer firemen). I was astonished later that morning upon talking with him that there was no fire call and that he and my son did not ever leave the house! It had to have been a false awakening and I had no idea!

11/15/08

I am not classifying this experience as dream or OBE, as I just have no idea which it was. Honestly though, I feel there is no difference anyway when it comes to symbolism and meaning. There is always something to learn from both!

I was aware I was in the process of helping some people that needed my assistance. I remember these people were of the ‘homeless, destitute, unkempt’ type individuals and I was giving them a place to stay. For some reason, I had a ‘wig’ I would put on that would make me more ‘like them’ so that I would ‘fit in’ better. (It appeared to me to be a ‘dreadlock’ type wig). For some reason, a few wanted to leave in the middle of the night, and I was busy trying to make sure they would be safe once they left the house.

Next recall I have is that I am in another area and see one of these ‘messy-hair’ men along the way. He is upset that someone had broken his ‘control’ stick so I handed him mine that I knew I had just bought prior to coming. He was most appreciative of my gesture.

I continued on into another room, this one made entirely of cold, dark, dank stone. There was this disheveled young male in there with very dark (makeup-type) circles under his eyes giving him a creepy disturbing image. I remember thinking I should be afraid, yet I had no fear.

I looked around the room and walked to the back corner. Standing there, I was amazed as I watched this light colored jar/jug move on its own closer to me, and then quickly change into a ‘white light’ area on the floor with a saying written inside this area. I am not sure the exact wording but it registered as something akin to ‘loving one another’ or ‘love your neighbor as yourself’ or something to that effect.

As I read it, I acknowledged it as a ‘religious truth’ to live by, and the young man walks up to me. He’s telling me all about how “big this will be” (as he is pointing to the far corner of the room), “it’ll be made all out of chrome”. I said “What will be? What are you making?” and I get the word ‘centomere’ (?sp) or ‘sarcomere’. (I got the feeling it was a closed box of some kind - ?casket-like?)

Not knowing what that is, I ask ‘what is that for?’ and he says, “it’s for your kindness”. I felt so appreciative of this gesture, realizing he wanted to build this in tribute to me and my ‘kindness’. I try to say, ‘oh no, it’s not necessary’ and so on, but I was immediately brought back to full awareness with the feeling that I was not to say this and should allow him to show his appreciation.

In reviewing the recording, the word ‘centomere’ was repeated three times, so I’m assuming that is how it registered to me. I have no idea if such a thing exists, however, in this experience, it did!

6. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Centromere

Hi Karen,
    Happy Friday! I hope all is going well for you and your family. I just wanted to let you know I’ve read your latest post. I admire your dedication in continuing to record your experiences. I really do believe that explorers in consciousness need the same observation skills that wilderness explorers used hundreds of years ago. I think a lot of things we notice and record will not make sense to us at the time. However, as we look back on our logs of these events, I predict that many of the pieces will fit together.

Concerning the word “centomere” which will be all made out of “chrome,” I’ve been pondering this today. This may have no connection, but I looked up the word “centomere” on google. I didn’t find it; however, I found a word that was spelled quite similar: “centromere.” According to what I read: “A centromere is the constricted region near the center of a human chromosome. This is the region of the chromosome where the two sister chromatids are joined to one another.” I do find it interesting that you noticed a word “centomere” which was to be something build out of chrome for your kindness. There may be no connnection here. However, the word “centromere” is very similar to “centomere,” AND “chromosome” and “chrome” are similar.

I did some further research, and I discovered an article entitled: “Is Centrioles or Centromere the Center of Consciousness?”

Here is the introduction to this article:

Modern day consciousness research is centered around centrioles, an organel that emerges during the cell division and divides and move to the poles, develops spindle fibers that attaches to the centromere of the chromosome to split and pull them to two poles to cause the division. This branch of research was initiated by a brilliant Anesthetist Dr. Stuart Hameroff who teamed with equally brilliant quantum physicist Roger Penrose.

But the question here is centrioles the center of consciousness. A little logical analysis of the process of cell division should tilt our focus from the centrioles to centromere. Let us quickly review the steps involved cell division. . .

Anyway, the article takes off from there and goes on for another 50 plus pages. I’m not a quantum physicist, but the little I read was so fasinating. Again, I may be off on a wild goose chase. At any rate, my own search of “centromeres” has lead me to information on consciousness that I wasn’t aware of before, so thank you for your “hint.” Take care. –Keith

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  7. karen659

karen659 Member

Keith, WOW! That is absolutely fascinating that you put the 'chrome' and chromosome together with the 'centromere'!! I am amazed at even the remote chance of it having a connection!

Prior to this experience, I had never heard of a centromere, and having only done a quick Google search on 'centomere', I didn't find anything. There was just something so important about this word with this experience, as I found it unusual that I repeated it so many times in my recording. (You will see the word sarcomere written in the post, which is a word I have heard of - so that may have been my physical mind attempting to make a word I know had meaning)

There has to be something to this, now that you have pointed this 'chrome' connection out. During the experience, I 'pictured' a fully chrome box of some sort, taking up most of the corner of the room. What it all means is a total mystery to me...

Then you find this 'center of consciousness' post relating to the centromeres and chromosomes...wow...you just can't say its a coincidence....lol Now, I just have to wait until the pieces fit together and it all makes more sense...

At least it was a benefit to someone (you) at this time in showing you where to get more information for your own learning...:)

Thanks again SO much for the kind words and most interesting post!

Karen

8. karen659

karen659 Member

11/23/08

With the advice that I may be hindering my own experiences by believing I was ‘too stressed’ to do them (thanks, Robot_Butler!), I made a specific attempt to get OOB last night with positive affirmations and beliefs that I could do so! As you will read, it did work (!) although it was only for short excursions, but at least I also had some new learning.

I am on my couch and after my usual induction, realize I am staring at an object in the room yet knew that my eyes were closed. I thought then I must be able to get out, so I just attempted to climb off the couch as if awake, not waiting for any usual signal.

Now I know I am OOB as I felt the very heavy and very strong tugging once again. I fall to the floor, trying to pull away, looking at front door and affirming, “to the door!” I find I am not moving easily, so I turned over to look back at couch and can see the ‘lumps’ of me under the blankets. At that point I was able to move easier to the front door and out to the front step. (Did my ‘mind’ have to see this to believe I was out?)

Outside, I’m thinking of what I wanted to do, thought about visiting JP, but then just started floating up and enjoying the freedom of spirit. I also remember that, despite my strong desire to “flip, fly, and zoom” (lol) once again, I had wanted to do something ‘constructive’ if I got out.

As I’m floating up, I was surprised to hear what sounded like a radio announcer voice (male) coming from behind me. I turned back, saw no one, so I asked “who’s there?” and “does anyone want to talk to me?”

I hear the static-type words in response to my questions, although I could not make out any specific words. I say, “I’m sorry but I can’t understand” and then heard it again, but now in a different position, as if moving away. I decided to follow where the voice was going, even though I had no idea what it was saying. I did ask, “Is it ok if I follow you?” as we moved up higher into the starry sky. Hearing the same static voice response and not knowing if it was ok, I said, “Well, if it’s not ok then just let me go to where it is best for me right now.”

Immediately I felt the usual backward bumpy ride through a long black tunnel and when the moving sensation stopped, I found myself pulled up into this station platform of sorts.

I find myself very much aware of standing on this platform, with a very sharp transition of consciousness. It was very unusual transition, and it felt like I had been there already and just became awake and functional in a new ‘form’.

People were walking back and forth, and I could see the exit beyond. I felt I was supposed to meet someone, so I was hoping they would recognize me and make an attempt to communicate. I made eye contact with a young blond female who smiled, and yet she continued to walk past me.

There was an entirely different ‘feel’ to this area, a very ‘real’ concrete appearance and sensations. My ‘body’ no longer felt the lightness as it did prior to getting here.

With all the new sensations, as well as my concern that no one in particular was going to meet me here, I think I had my ‘real life’ fears of being in a strange place, unassisted and without a means of communication settle in. It was due to these new feelings and subsequent fears that I immediately found myself back in body on the couch, not able to investigate this ‘station’ further.

After recording the last experience, I settled back in for another attempt, thinking I might want to stay in the near physical and visit my mother’s house down the road. The second exit was much easier, again with no clear signal, I just knew when it was time to climb out. This time I felt that strong tugging, but pulling me toward the bedroom hallway, similar to a previous experience. I felt unsteady and was trying to regain control, as I remembered that the last time I went down that hallway my experience ended quickly.

I regained my control and headed out the front window. I aim for my mother’s house, and recall seeing the same trees along the path that are there in real life. I put my arms out to feel the hanging branches, enjoying the texture changes as I passed through them. I stopped, thought that it might be interested to see if I could ‘physically’ touch them, and then made the attempt to shake the limbs.

Looking back toward my house I was amazed that I had the ability to make these branches ‘physically’ move, seeing their response to my intention to move them, despite the fact I was just able to pass through them a moment ago. I realized it was my intention to now move them that gave me the ability to do so.

I continued on to the house but realized it was very early morning (I recall even checking a clock to see what time it was!) Realizing no one will be awake even though I saw a light on, I faded back to full awareness on the couch. In hindsight, I’m sure it was my expectation that no one would be around that stopped this experience.

The third exit this night was different in that I became aware I was recording a previous OBE while riding in a car! I recognized this as ‘not right’ so I started a “running commentary” in my recording as to what I am doing because I knew I was aware that I am ‘dreaming’.

The car moved up a steep hill I recall being near my home, and then as it started rolling down the hill, I knew it was going to roll over and so I took that as a signal for exit to become OOB. I am flying high, heading back toward my mother’s house and can now look down to see my dog Buddy running under me and barking. I holler to him, ‘come on, Buddy!’ hoping to have him join me, but for some reason this time he didn’t.

Once again I can feel the textures as I go through things, and it was very hard to try to remember just what it was that I wanted to do. I then remembered, “oh yeah, go inward now!” as I started to spin to induce it.

I could feel the physical ‘touch’ of things all around me as I spun which was not usual and caught me off guard. I wondered why I could feel these physical sensations and stopped the spinning. Immediately, the experience ended and I felt it may have been due to my concern that I was able to tangibly feel objects around me.

This exit was different in that I found myself using my tape recorder recalling a previous OBE, then realizing it isn’t right so continued taping as I took control.

This led to my last experience where I find I am once again recording another OBE experience I just had, talking through each and every step, only to become fully awake shortly thereafter and realizing nothing has been recorded! All I have for recall of my last exit this night is the fact that I was walking along a fence while recording.

Somehow while recording, I let go of hanging onto what I just did because I ‘knew’ it was being taped, so when I fully awaken, there is no memory. Now I am wondering if the act of recording my experiences is possibly hindering my ability to recall, as it seems to now be incorporated into a ‘false awakening’ of sorts.

Thanks for reading and any insight,
    Karen

9. karen659

karen659 Member

11/27/08 Black Hole and a Retrieval

Finally, after many unusual OBEs over the past few weeks, I think I have put together some answers as to why I was having these changes. You will remember that my exits have varied, from the lightest, simplest type feelings to the most heavy, cumbersome sensations with difficulty moving and actual physical ‘touch’ sensations.

Last night (this morning actually) it seems I had a chance to help someone who was unable to pass over completely, as another ‘soul retrieval’. I have been asking many times lately for the chance to help others in this capacity once again; similar to the fantastic OBE I had with Stephanie (see #52 in my blog). However, it when it didn’t happen after many requests, I made other plans last night (intention) to go see JP should I get out.

I DO remember, however, having the thought just prior to sleep that since it was Thanksgiving that it WOULD be nice if I could show my gratitude and find someone to help…so I’m wondering if that thought was put there as an indication of what was to happen!

The first exit I recall was an easy exit, one that I knew I could just climb out and move through the door to my bedroom porch. From there I remembered I had wanted to go visit JP this time, and started to drift upward. I was a bit discouraged though to find myself back in bed, waking up!

So I intended again, and became aware of sensations where I thought I might be able to exit. This time, it was the ‘heavy’ exit, and it literally felt as though I was ‘pouring myself’ out of body, off the side of the bed! I was so ‘thick’ that I could not be certain whether I was actually falling off the side of the bed or exiting!! lol

Getting to a standing position next to the bed, I moved to the door, and upon easily passing through it to the porch, it gave me the validation I was indeed OOB. This time, however, I was amazed at the ‘physical’ touch sensations returning, as I clearly felt the railing of the porch under my hands.

In hindsight, I now know that this exit was very close to ‘physical realm’, hence the ability to be OOB yet have tactile senses, which was necessary for the encounter that followed.

I suddenly found myself back in bed, lying on my right side (as I knew I really was), and felt these big strong arms encircling my chest from behind! My mind was reeling at first, not knowing what was going on, as I knew this was NOT my husband! I remember yelling, ‘No!’ and moving away, yet for some reason I didn’t move far.

I heard a male voice say, ‘But we had so much fun the last time!’ and this again sent my mind thinking ‘what is going on here??!’ I was in a state of confusion, and yet remaining calm (as best I could!), and was given the knowledge that something unusual was happening when I then heard this same male voice say in a child-like quality, “but I’m so afraid of falling into that big black hole!”

It was then that I realized someone was here that needed my help, and I instinctively knew it was a mentally challenged older adult male. Apparently I had been with him before, as he remembered the ‘fun’ we had at another time (probably one of those lost recalls I had!)

Now I realized I had to get him to talk to me and open to the possibility of other seeing other ‘people’ to help him to pass over. (His spirit guides who he cannot see due to his belief and fear of the ‘black hole’). I asked, ‘so why are you so afraid of the black hole?’ as I moved to upright position with him next to me in the bedroom.

There was no answer to this question and I knew right away it was not the right approach. So now I say, ‘so how about we play a game?’ and he was much delighted with this idea. I said this game would involved searching for ‘things’ as I wanted him to get into the mode of looking for things he would not usually be receptive to.

I asked, ‘how about we look for a kitty-cat?’ and he said, no, he didn’t like them. So I said, “well, I know you like puppy dogs, so let’s go look for a puppy dog!” His excitement was obvious, so I added one more idea to his thinking by saying, ‘but the game is so much more fun if we had more people to play with us!’

At this time, I distinctly heard a female voice come from the bedroom door area, indicating she was there and wanted to play with us. (In hindsight, this had to have been his guide, waiting for the chance to be seen – but I did not see anyone, just heard her.) I told the man, ‘look, Mary is here, and wants to play with us!’ and we all started the game of searching for the puppy.

What is odd is that during this entire time of interacting with the male, I was in a darkened room with very limited vision, and really just moved about by ‘feel’. I was not able to see him clearly, but I had the feeling he was a tall, lanky, thin male. I never even thought about asking him his name!

The next recall I have is of this male lying contentedly and happily in his bed, very much similar to the way I last saw Stephanie. I moved next to him, stroked his face with my hand, and told him I was going to tell him a story to help him sleep. It was at this time I was able to actually see his face – long thin large-featured face – with a big smile!

I felt myself transitioning back to fully awake as I sat by him, becoming aware I was in my same sleeping position as I started this experience. Realizing what just happened, I was once again taken in by the awesome feeling of joy and happiness that ended this experience, and expressed my extreme gratitude for allowing me to once again be of assistance to someone who needed some help.

To me, this was the best way to spend Thanksgiving Day!

Thanks for reading,
    Karen

10. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Thank You

Dear Karen,
    You continue to amaze me. Thank you for the time and effort you've taken in writing and posting your latest two experiences. Dang, you truly are an "explorer in consciousness." I've read about "soul retrieval" but to actually dialogue with someone who is experiencing this is a whole different level of awareness. Perhaps as I develop my own abilities in this area, I do will be able to assist others in this manner.

You always do such a good job and show such integrity in relating your experiences. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I just want to mention again that your dream of November 15th has proven the "key" to some amazing information for me. Here are some of your words from this dream:

As I read it, I acknowledged it as a ‘religious truth’ to live by, and the young man walks up to me. He’s telling me all about how “big this will be” (as he is pointing to the far corner of the room), “it’ll be made all out of chrome”. I said “What will be? What are you making?” and I get the word ‘centomere’ (?sp) or ‘sarcomere’. (I got the feeling it was a closed box of some kind - ?casket-like?)

Especially, the words of "how big this will be" are proving true in ways that you may not realize. In my earlier post, I mentioned an article I had found entitled: "Is Centrioles or Centromere the Center of Consciousness?"

This article comes from the following site: Is Centrioles or Centromere the Center of Consciousness

The author of this site is from India and is a scientist, a biotechnologist, by education. I have been reading through his many articles since you shared this dream. In fact, I have been sacrificing a lot of sleep to do this. Being I'm not a scientist by background, I sometimes have difficulty comprehending some of his words. However, I feel I'm getting the essence of what he is sharing. And truly, it feels like "some thing" that is really BIG and SIGNIFICANT.

I can't explain it with my mind, but I often sense that there definitely are more evolved "spiritual guides" who have a wonderful sense of humor and who are using really "inventive" ways to bring things into our awareness.

Just wanted to let you know that that I believe your dream of November 15th is an example of this. Thanks so much for taking time to record it and to share it here. I wish you and your family well this day. --Keith :)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  11. karen659

karen659 Member

Wow, Keith, I am truly humbled at your description of me! :eek:

I am absolutely NO different than anyone else, and don't see myself as any 'great explorer'....only one who has the deepest desire to further the path of spiritual growth, not only for myself, but for everyone I meet (whether in this physical life or other realms! lol)

However, I do love to hear that I started some new learning for others as well!! :) Sharing what we know and experience is such a great tool for new learning, as we get to see the different perspectives on the 'same' things that opens our minds to other possibilities! I'm really glad to know this seemingly 'insignificant' aspect has such potential!! lol

Yes, the Universe knows how best to get the information out....sometimes we wonder why things happen, yet we should always trust that there IS a reason, and move on.

Thanks so much again for the wonderful post....
    Karen

PS Besides, as a true Gemini, I LOVE multi-tasking and using every bit of time for something constructive - so I believe therefore the time we 'sleep' and 'do nothing' might as well be used for helping others as well!!:D

12. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

My Latest Dream

Here's my latest dream. I also posted it on my thread: "Another Meditation Success Story." (http://www.project-meditation.org/community/project-meditation-success-stories/1156-another-meditation-success-story-2.html#post5604)

Keith’s Dream of Friday Morning, Nov 28, 2008:

Brief Background: Both collective and individual awareness is shifting.

“But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.” (Mark 10:31)

“And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:” (Mark 12:10)

Growing up, one of the “things” that I was taught to discount was the black race—Negroes is what we called them at the time. From my most significant role models—parents, older siblings, aunts & uncles, and religious leaders—I learned that blacks were less than me. I heard jokes told by relatives:

“So, there were these two niggers hitch-hiking. One was named ‘Rufus’ and the other was called ‘Leroy.’ . . .”

From my mom, I heard:

“Oh Keith, don’t put that money in your mouth. Some dirty nigger might have peed on it.”

From my dad and older brother when skipping rocks on Christensen’s pond:

“Okay Keith, find a really flat rock and throw it sideways way up in the air. When it comes down into the water, it’ll make a wonderful ‘thwunk’ sound. That’s what we call ‘slitting the nigger’s throat.’”

From my church leaders:

“Well you see, the blacks have the ‘curse of Cain’ on them. In the pre-existence, they sat on the fence and were not valiant for Christ’s plan. That’s why they are cursed here. That’s why blacks aren’t allowed to hold the priesthood. . .”

And on and on, these were the types of messages I heard growing up. Blacks were less. They were not as valiant or intelligent. They deserved their miserable positions. We should be kind and tolerant of these “misguided children.” But, we should never stoop to associate with them very much. Let them have their own “separate but equal” schools and neighborhoods.

The Shift Manifesting:

●November 2008: Barrack Obama—father black, mother white—is elected as the first “black president” of the United States.

●Wednesday, November 26, 2008: “Angel,” a 19 year old LDS black girl who works for our TRIO SSS Office as a tutor, stops by my office and asks if I have a few minutes to help her with her sociology paper. These few minutes turn into a wonderful hour and a half conversation. I am blown away by her wisdom, her insight, her courage, and her beauty. She intuitively grasps things which I am just starting to understand.

●Wednesday, November 26, 2008: I leave work at 0315 PM for a 0330 PM massage and chiropractic treatment. While giving me my half hour massage, Kathryn, the massage therapist, asks: “Do you dance?”

Keith: “I use to dance when I was younger, but I’ve become really self-conscious about how I look when I try to move to music.”

Kathryn: “Well, I just get the impression that you should look into African Dance and start dancing to it. I think it would really help you to release and let go of some of the emotions that are coming into your awareness now.”

●Thursday, November 27, 2008: After Thanksgiving dinner at our friends the Hallbergs’, I’m looking up more about African Dance on the internet. I find a reference to “African Healing Dance” on YouTube. (YouTube - African Healing Dance with Wyoma) I watch this instructional video. This is all new to me. A part of me is skeptical. Another part is feeling such hope at the possibilities of “letting go” and being free.

My Dream: I’m with a group of black people. They’ve been doing African Healing Dance. I’ve been kind of watching from the sidelines, trying to stay unnoticed as I observe. They gather and start to sing. The music is haunting. It’s familiar. It is soul-stirring. It feels so “soul deep” and “worshipful.” I see an older black woman’s old and deeply lined face as she looks at me. Here eyes hold a child-like amusement, a heartfelt joy, as they invite me to join the group in singing: “Holy Holy Holy. (YouTube - Mahalia Jackson - Holy, holy, holy!)”

13. AntonHansen

AntonHansen Member

Exited

Wow when i read all of these posts just make me more Exited to get out of school, home and play CD2 and learn to meditate, thanks for all the inspiring posts :)

Peace on all of us

14. karen659

karen659 Member

Well, Keith, it seems you are certainly being asked to 'join in' the celebration of life in that you have made a major breakthough in learning how to look outside those values and beliefs you were raised with.

Just the fact that this dreams follows on the heels of your recent experiences offers validation that should make you take notice of their significance.

"To sing in your dream, represents happiness, harmony and joy in some situation or relationship. You are uplifting others with your positive attitude and cheerful disposition. Singing is a way to celebrate, communicate and express your feelings.

To hear someone sing in your dream, signifies emotional and spiritual fulfillment. You are changing your mood and experiencing a more positive outlook in life."
    (dreammoods.com)

It seems you are heading in the right direction - as it is always best to go with your 'instincts' - so it's time to let go, and get up and dance!!

Thanks for sharing...
    Karen

15. karen659

karen659 Member

12/04/08

I decided to try for an OBE with the usual wake-back-to-bed (WBTB) routine this morning when I woke at 3 am. I set the intention of just ‘meeting someone’ without any particulars. Instead of my couch, I went to my daughter’s room for a change of scenery. For a little background information, my 18 year old daughter has not lived at home for the last six months, and I do miss her terribly. She is not far away, yet our time together is limited.

I know the fact that I was sleeping in her room played a major role in the experience I encountered this morning, as her energy is permeated throughout all her belongings left behind that she did not take with her.

After my usual induction, I became sharply aware of my daughter’s presence in the room, softly calling, “Mom….mom!” I didn’t answer her at first because I knew somehow that it could be one of the ‘false awakenings’ I have and wanted to wait it out to see what happened. My daughter then came close, and I could feel her hugging me with her face next to mine.

Once I felt her close hug (mostly on the right side), she started talking very softly about her problems she is encountering with her dad, her car and the tire getting soft, etc. and I could feel her sadness and her need to be with me. Her voice started drifting off, and now I knew I was in the ‘altered realms’ as I could feel the physical vibrations on my left side as she hugged my right side. I knew I could ‘speak’ now (mentally but within the experience I can hear my voice) and I’m telling her to please talk louder as I can’t hear her clearly.

She says, “I can’t get used to this separating stuff, it’s so scary”, and I am trying to allay her fears by saying “you’ll eventually get used to it after a while”….thinking it’s the OOB “separating”, but in hindsight perhaps she meant our actual physical separation that recently occurred (?).

She then said, “but I’m right now in a labor board meeting!” so I asked, “What are you doing there?” I did not get an answer as I started the fade back, with the thought that perhaps this really isn’t my daughter because she would not be doing anything with a ‘labor board meeting’…however, another thought that this may be a future event did cross my mind as I then had the vision of an older female, and so perhaps it IS possible that my daughter may encounter these same OOB ‘separating’ experiences in the future.

After recording, I settle in and quickly find myself sitting in long hallway, where I pick up something (piece of paper?) that had the name “Valentino Ortiz”. The first name “Valentino” is a close approximation, but I don’t feel it was the exact name. I asked, “Who is this… someone I can help?” and I immediately felt the familiar long black tunnel movement that takes me to where I need to be.

I found myself lying face up in the back of an open pickup truck, in the very early morning hours as it was just becoming daylight. I could see all sorts of stuff piled around me in the back of the truck, yet I was cozily tucked into blankets and comfortable with the ride in the back. I could see two older Mexican-appearing women in the front with a young girl on the far right side. All of them had jet black hair, and the two older women (whom I could only see from the back) had ribbons and bows decorating their hair. I knew we were on our way to someplace special, and the little girl in the front stood up, looked back at me, and was telling me all about the wonderful festival we were heading to, and how much fun we were going to have. It seems it was a yearly excursion, as I was a young toddler boy (her brother?) and this was to be my first time.

What is interesting, however, is that this little girl (about age 10) had the jet black hair, Mexican features, and a thin well-groomed black moustache, which I initially thought was quite unusual. However, I somehow knew also that this not an unusual feature to see for this group of people, and I was left with the impression that their faces were ‘cat-like’ (?).

I remember once arriving in the town for the festival I could see little shops with lots of different displays, with one that sold stuffed animals that I wanted. I’m thinking (as if I am myself, not the boy) that this family must be affluent enough to stay in the same hotel each year.

Now I’m no longer the little boy, standing off to the side of the street, and I am watching someone sitting across the street holding a very young baby, so small he could be wrapped in a ‘sock’ (?). A female is standing next to me and I realize it is my daughter again!

We take off together, holding hands tightly throughout the entire rest of the experience, moving about this town as she is telling me about her brother, saying “that boy has to do something with the casino… learn stuff about the casino”. I asked “is that what he should look into?” thinking she has some future information that I could use to help my son get established, and she said, “No, but it’d give him something to do for now.”

So I ask her, “Well, what are you going to do?” and she indicated she was going to do something to get enough money for a new bed. I clarified my question and said, “No, in life, what are you going to do with your life? You need to have an overall job, not just earn something to get piece by piece in life.” She then indicated she was interested in psychiatry, which immediately made me think of the previous experience with the “labor board meeting” comment from earlier.

I wanted to ask her more about that and just as we are going up this one street, things started to fade and I could feel her hand slipping from my grip. As the last of the fingers released, I could hear her holler, “No, Mommy, no!” which tugged at my heart center, as I became fully awake.

Once again I record this experience and realized that sleeping in this room was definitely making my experiences more personal. As I settled back in, I now find myself in a house with a Mexican family (not sure if it was the same one) that consisted of a father, mother, another woman (aunt?) and three boys.

I was there helping to fix the meal and they were showing me how to make something with the hot oil in the front room. The middle room was the dining area, completely set up for dinner, and I realized there was a back room where some excitement was going on.

It seems the mother of the family had just given birth to a very, very small baby and the young boys (all about 7-9 years old) were very upset. The one was the older brother of the baby and was talking with his two male cousins about how small the baby is, and how he’s not going to be any fun because he will have problems with his very small size. (I got the feeling this was perhaps the same very small baby I saw in the previous setting after I was out of the truck).

I was sitting with the boys, trying to get them to understand the situation, telling the big brother that it was ok to be mad and upset right now, but then he had to realize that he was needed as the ‘big brother’ to help take care of the baby. Something told me that the mother was not going to be able to have another child and this was the only chance he was going to have to get a sibling. The brother said something about “well, I wish Saul/Seth was still around,” which made me think there was an older brother that passed on previously that he missed.

Then there was more excitement, as someone yelled that we’d better go check on that food cooking. As I enter the middle room I could see flames and smoke coming out of the front room where the hot oil cooking was going on!! I knew we had to call 911, headed for the phone on the counter, but the father ran ahead of me and closed the door to that room. I knew the fire was out of control at this point!

I can still picture him holding the door closed, with a cloth across his mouth and nose, smoke all around, trying to reach for the phone. I felt paralyzed with fear, turned to yell for the others to get out of the house, yet felt as though I had cotton in my mouth and was unable to speak!

I could feel a sense of guilt that I perhaps had caused their home to be lost to fire, and it was at this exact point that I was startled awake, mid-scene, by my husband who was leaving for the day and needed to talk to me. This was the first time ever I have been awakened ‘for real’ during this type of experience, and the startled surprise awakening with a quick transition was very uncomfortable, especially since I was feeling very emotional at the point of waking.

I do not know how all this relates to anything, yet there seems to be an intertwining of events between the three experiences. I have learned that I should just write as I see it, and hope for validation and clarification from others at some point in the future.

At this time, I left a message for my daughter to call me, as I told her she visited me last night and want to correlate this if I can. Keep checking back and I’ll post anything of significance that happens to clarify any of these events.

Meanwhile, any insights or feedback on these experiences will always be greatly appreciated! :)

Karen

16. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Third Times the Charm

Hi Karen,
    Sorry that it has taken a few days to get back to you. For the past hour and a half I have been trying to post a response to your latest dream. There is a “part” of me that is feeling frustrated because twice now I have written a “long” response, and both times, my log-in has timed out, and I’ve lost all that I had written. Talk about “frustration” being present right now. Anyway, I guess this is just another opportunity to “let go” and learn. I think I just have to remember to write out my responses in a word document, and then, post them on the forum. Isn’t it funny how we forget such simple things?

Anyway, here goes again. I am determined to get this response written and sent to you. I’ve said this before, but thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into recording, writing, and then sharing some of your dreams here. I realize this takes a lot of time and effort. I want you to know that I notice and appreciate your efforts. The sharing of your experiences here makes a positive difference in my life.

I’ve read in several sources that one of the kindest and most beneficial gifts we give to each other is our “presence.” The following quote pretty well sums this up:

Be a Safe Place
    “To sit and listen while someone talks and allow that person to be with her feelings and experience her emotions without comment, and to create a safe space for that person to find her way through whatever passage she is making is an act of service.”

(As found in Caroline Myss’ book Invisible Acts of Power, p. 186)

I think this longing of “presence” is why as children upon returning from school and entering our homes, one of the first things we often called out was simply: “Mom?”

Upon hearing, “Hi honey. I’m upstairs,” we knew all was right in the world.

If you have read any of my other posts on this forum, I imagine you’ve seen the following poem before. But in case you haven’t, here it is again.

The Guest House

This being human is a guest house.
    Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
    some momentary awareness comes
    as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
    Even if they are a crowd of sorrows,
    who violently sweep your house
    empty of its furniture,
    still, treat each guest honorably.
    He may be clearing you out
    for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice.
    meet them at the door laughing and invite them in.

Be grateful for whatever comes.
    because each has been sent
    as a guide from beyond.

-- Jelaluddin Rumi (1207-1273)
    translation by Coleman Barks

In reference to the above poem and the focusing work that is going on in Afghanistan with the villagers there, Eugene Gendlin, the founder of the focusing process, recently wrote:

“In Focusing instruction, the villagers learn that they ARE the guest house. I had long thought that I am the host, greeting the guests. But no, I'm the house! I find that this makes a great difference which I cannot yet explicate and explain.”

The reason I share this here is because it helps me to remember that I’m NOT the “guests,” the “thoughts,” the “feelings,” the “experiences” showing up in my awareness. I am the “space”—the “guesthouse” where all these things show up.

To me your dreams are wonderful examples of this. I will share some of my insights pertaining to them. But, I like what you said in response to one of my dreams earlier. You said, in essence, that my own thoughts and feelings surrounding my dream are the best “guides from beyond.”

A common theme throughout these three dreams was your daughter—someone you literally gave birth to and that you love dearly. In referencing Rumi’s poem “The Guesthouse,” I liked how you flowed through time and space AND characters in this dream. At one point, you identified yourself as a small boy in the back of a truck. I liked what you wrote about your ten-year-old sister. You said she had a small moustache and was “cat-like.” If I remember what William Buhlman wrote in his book Adventures Beyond the Body correctly, these types of “realistically unlikely” experiences in a dream may be a reminder to wake up within your dream.

Twice in the course of your dreams, you mention a very small baby who needs loving attention and nurturing. Your daughter’s heart felt plea of: “No, mommy no,” was so heart rending upon separating from you. Perhaps these small babies represent an aspect in your life that is like this. Perhaps, there is some dream or idea that you have given birth to that feels like a small and helpless baby at this time.

In telling of the second baby, you mention some brothers that you felt had experienced the loss of another brother named “Saul” or “Seth.” Since I have personally experienced the power you have in intuitively picking up on names in dreams—I am reminded of your “centomere” made all out of “chrome” dream. Just so you know, I am currently in contact with the writer of that article from India, and truly what he has discovered is “going to be really big” as your dream foretold. But that’s a discussion for another time.—I decided to look up the meanings of “Saul” and “Seth” on the internet. Here’s what I found:

The boy's name Saul \saul\ is pronounced sahl. It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "prayed for".

The boy's name Seth \s(e)-th\ is pronounced seth. It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "set, appointed". Biblical: the third named son of Adam and Eve. Eve said Seth had been appointed to take the place of Abel, killed by Cain.

Here are some interesting symbolisms I see in these names. Some idea or dream you had earlier in your life died—it didn’t mature into fruition. It was named “Saul” and is being mourned and “prayed for.” And now a new “small baby” has been born. It is a type of “Seth” or that which “has been appointed to take the place of that which died.” Having felt of your compassionate spirit here, I know that you will be able to love and care for this “new baby” in your life. I will be interested in seeing what it grows up to be.

In your dream you mention that you were taught to cook with hot oil and that you felt guilty when it got too hot and started to burn. And then to top this whole extremely emotional experience off, your husband’s waking you up was the first time you had been awakened for real at such an emotional time of a dream. My heart goes out to you. Those are a lot of “emotional guests” in your presence right now. You mention in your dream that you experienced feelings of guilt for letting this fire get out of hand. Please be gentle and forgiving with yourself. It seems to me that you’re working with some pretty volatile stuff—some hot oil—in your life now. Just be careful how you handle all “this stuff” so you don’t get burned.

I think I may have forgotten some of what I wrote in my earlier two attempts. However, I think what I wrote here pretty much captures the “essence” of what I wrote earlier. Somehow, I think it is all about “love”. It is about simply noticing the “guests” that are showing up in our awareness and allowing them to reveal our blind spots and to lead us to further awareness and awakening. It all reminds me of the following excerpt by Thomas Merton in his book New Seeds of Contemplation. This excerpt beautifully expresses how that ALL “guests” are sent out of love and for our blessing and edification. Take care. –Keith :)

THE LOVE OF GOD
    By Thomas Merton (arranged in stanzas and poetry form by Keith Jensen)

For it is God’s love that warms me in the sun
    And God’s love that sends the cold rain.
    It is God’s love that feeds me in the bread I eat
    And God that feeds me also by hunger and fasting.

It is the love of God that sends the winter days
    When I am cold and sick,
    And the hot summer when I labor
    And my clothes are full of sweat:

But it is God Who breathes on me
    With light winds off the river
    And in the breezes out of the wood.

His love spreads the shade of the sycamore over my head
    And sends the water-boy along the edge of the wheat field
    With a bucket from the spring,
    While the laborers are resting and the mules stand under the tree.

It is God’s love that speaks to me in the birds and streams;
    But also behind the clamor of the city
    God speaks to me in His judgments,
    And all these things are seeds sent to me from His will.

If these seeds would take root in my liberty,
    And if His will would grow from my freedom,
    I would become the love that He is,
    And my harvest would be His glory and my own joy.

And I would grow together
    With thousands and millions of other freedoms
    Into the gold of one huge field praising God,
    Loaded with increase, loaded with wheat.

If in all things I consider only the heat and the cold,
    The food or the hunger, the sickness or labor,
    The beauty or pleasure, the success and failure
    Or the material good or evil my works have won for my own will,

I will find only emptiness and not happiness.
    I shall not be fed, I shall not be full.
    For my food is the will of Him Who made me
    And Who made all things in order to give Himself to me through them.

My chief care should not be to find pleasure or success,
    Health or life or money or rest or even things like virtue and wisdom—
    Still less their opposites, pain, failure, sickness, death.

But in all that happens, my one desire and my one joy should be to know:
    “Here is the thing that God has willed for me.
    In this His love is found,
    And in accepting this I can give back His love to Him
    And give myself with it to Him.

For in giving myself I shall find Him
    And He is life everlasting.”
    By consenting to His will with joy and doing it with gladness
    I have His love in my heart,

Because my will is now the same as His love
    And I am on the way to becoming what He is,
    Who is love.

And by accepting all things from Him
    I receive His joy into my soul,
    Not because things are what they are
    But because God is Who He is,
    And His love has willed my joy in them all.

(New Seeds of Contemplation, p. 16-18)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  17. karen659

karen659 Member

Thanks Keith for your diligence and persistence! I DO know that frustration as I have also encountered it more than I'd like!

First of all, I do have to thank you SO MUCH for your words - you have such an eloquent way of expressing yourself and I truly appreciate it. My apologies for this delay in response, but again, you know how it is....life just seems to get in the way sometimes!:)

I love Caroline Myss' works and this is just a perfect example of why I am in medical profession. There is just too little of this everywhere in life, but in the health profession, I see such a lack of 'listening'....and I always make it my goal to 'be there' with and for my patients....

Yes, I was many characters within is experience, each time 'seeing' through the eyes of not only myself, but able to 'feel' the emotions/words/thoughts of everyone else as well.

When I saw this 'cat-like' young girl with the well-groomed black moustache, my first thoughts were that I was no longer 'here' on this physical plane, but elsewhere in our Universe, where this life was the 'norm'....

I am sure there is a lot of intertwining of emotional aspects with this dream and I agree, my daughter's presence (and lack of in physical life) plays as a strong factor in what happens.

Wow, Keith....you can't leave me hanging here!!! If you post the discussion somewhere else, please at least give me link here! lol I am curious what this is all about....

Yes, it seems life is a bit 'hot to handle' for the past few weeks, so I'm sure this is all referencing that. The good news is, however, things are definitely starting to 'cool off' and there is such a better outlook at this time!!

Thanks again SO MUCH for your comments and insight...it really does help me see things 'in a different light'!! :)

-Karen

18. karen659

karen659 Member

88) Facing Fear 12/14/08

I went to bed with the intention of attempting to get OOB and visiting JP should I have the opportunity. Additionally, in looking at the beautiful full moon, I remember thinking just prior to sleep that I wondered what the moon would look like from an OOB perspective. It was a casual thought, and not one that I would call a definite intention, but as you will see, I did remember it!

The first exit I recall was very easy at first, as I became aware of the tingling vibrations that told me I was ready. Immediately my feet started floating up, and so I just climbed out and started moving away to the side door. However, things were very dark and there was the heaviness and pulling sensations I had to fight against. I remember stating ‘clarity now!’ at least twice, and with emotion, but found nothing helped. Before I could even get out the door, I was back in body.

The second exit shortly thereafter also was easy, again with the tingling vibrations and feet floating signal. This time I just stood up and decided to take a different exit from the room – out the window that was on the wall next to the couch above my head.

I knew I could just ‘push’ through the wall, and wanted to make the most of this exit, so I decided to very slowly pass through the wall to the outdoors. I was able to take note of the varying textures as I passed through, and was surprised to see/feel that ‘space’ that is between the inner and outer walls. (Of course there is one in hindsight, but at the time, I didn’t realize it was there but sure felt the difference!)

I stopped half way out as I exited the wall, and turned back to look up at the roof and eaves. I can still ‘picture’ in my mind exactly what it looks like to see the house at this angle, something I would not been able to do in real life!

I turned back and jumped to the ground, again noting a slight difference in its appearance, as flowers were growing next to the house yet there is none there in real life. It was dark inside the house, yet my vision was clear as soon as I exited.

I turned the corner of the house to head for the front yard, and remembered I wanted to see the moon while OOB. I looked up, and sure enough, there it was – but it was not as clear as earlier and seemed to be cloud-covered or very distant.

I then remembered I wanted to go visit JP, but I was suddenly and surprisingly ‘attacked’ by something unusual. I remember seeing a very fleeting image of a white flash of ‘something’ come at me from my right side and could feel it attach itself to my right shoulder. I could hear this spine-chilling continuous “ahhhh” sound right at my right ear on the shoulder, and felt a light vibrating ‘physical’ sensation as well.

I immediately felt a small degree of fear, as this ‘thing’ was uncomfortable and unsettling. The guttural sound it made was continuous and monotone and I attempted to just press forward without giving it any thought. I was trying to keep my fear to a bare minimum as I totally knew whatever it was couldn’t hurt me. (I really don’t know where I get this courage from OOB, because even thinking about it now makes me a bit unsettled!! lol)

The sound/vibration stayed with me as I walked forward and I think I was about to become too fearful to stay OOB when I ‘heard’ the words, “send it love…..send it love”. I remembered talking with others who deal with negativity by facing it and embracing it (thanks Sam!), so I tried initially to ‘think’ of sending love- however, there was no change.

Once again I ‘heard’ the words, “send it love!” and this time without hesitation I turn to face the ‘thing’ with the intention of fully embracing and loving whatever it was….and it disappeared!

I realized I’m fading back to more awareness so now I’m trying to recall the details and talking to myself to impress the memories into my consciousness. This makes me think I’m recording the experience already, yet when I do awaken fully, I realize I have nothing recorded and still have to work hard to recall some of the details! I may have forgotten some minor aspects, but this is the best I could recall.

I am not sure what exactly this ‘thing’ was – it could have been just a ‘fear thought form’ that surfaced suddenly or may even have been something to do with the fact that there IS a 1700-1900 cemetery on that side of the house that I was walking past while OOB! I did not get a good visual on its appearance other than the white flash.

As I listen to my recordings now, I find I did get out a third time last night, however, my sleepy voice on the recorder only keeps repeating the same words, “it’s a learning situation” because whoever I was with the third time was impressing upon me that ‘it was only a learning situation’. The only other words I recorded were “it doesn’t help”….and “a long time spent learning”…..so, for this final OBE, I haven’t a clue what I was doing! lol

Thanks for reading,
    Karen

19. Lea

Lea Member

Hello, I've been trying to get an OBE for almost 2 months, at least twice a week. I go to bed, I relax all my body, I start seeing strange things that move and when I get the vibrations and extreme sensations I don't know how to go on. Last week, I really felt how my arms separated from my body but I couldn't get this sensation again. Basically, I need to know how to get out of my body :p. I mean, I get the sensations but can't keep them going on or separate completely from my body. What should I do?

20. karen659

karen659 Member

Hi Lea, and thanks for writing! I can only tell you what I do, with the understanding that every person will have a different perspective and technique that works for them.

You seem to have a great start, even having the 'separation' of parts of your body, as I do for my signal. (Mine is usually my feet, though! lol) When you feel vibrations, keep as relaxed as you can, but 'intend them mentally' to become stronger and see what happens first. Maybe they need to reach a higher level of vibration...

If you lie there and definitely know that parts of your body are 'floating', then just take control and 'roll out' - it's rather like the physical movement of getting up, however, it's really not physical at all. The rolling movement is easier to do at first, and it was my main method of exiting initially. (Now, I see I can just 'step out' or sit up and step out)

Again, make the intention that you will just roll and stand by the bed, and go for it. Don't think about it, don't try to 'feel' what's happening, just do it! The more you analyze your thoughts and movements, the less that will happen. Its almost a 'trust' aspect or 'knowing' that you WILL get out by rolling that helps - and you will see the first time it happens that the less you think of the process the faster you get out!

Don't expect to do much except stand by the bed at first, I remember how wobbly and off kilter I felt! But once you separate the first time, each subsequent time gets easier....and you move just a bit farther along! Just remember no analyzing of thoughts and movements, just DO!

I really don't know if this helps, but I hope it does. Let me know what happens next time with your vibrations....

Thanks,
    Karen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.