1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Out of Body Travel

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by karen659, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karen659

karen659 Member

10/5/08

I am going to share with you this experience, but please know that it’s probably the most personal post I’ll ever put up. There was an INTENSE part of this experience, but it was wrapped in such unusual circumstances that I am not sure what to think of it but do feel it may be important to share because of its unusual intensity.

It begins with an awareness of a strong feeling that I am now a MALE energy in this 'therapists' office, and I see a female knocking at the entrance door asking for this therapist by name. I knew this therapist was one who counseled 'stars' so I said to her, "Wow you must be a star!" (She was my age, dark hair, actually very similar in appearance to myself! Me?) I invite her in to wait and we spend a long time talking (but have no specific recall of what!)

At one point we are both sitting on a piano(?) stool, and I say something about anticipating that in 90 minutes before 'kids come home' (?) (and I even remember looking at a clock), I plan on being done with what we planned to do. She said something about "it's been a long while, and you may not perform as well as you feel you should", and I said "I don't intend to disappoint", then began melding or curling up into each other into absolutely exquisite sensations of pure bliss and contentment. I just can't put words to describe the sensation as it was NOT like physical sex, but a more mental/emotional 'melting' into a culmination of pure bliss and joy! (OK, here is where I'm really thankful that I cannot see anyone’s reaction!! :eek: lol)

I began to slowly awaken immediately thereafter with such a warm, loving, complete feeling....yet the intensity and depth of these feelings just could not be sustained upon pulling back to full awareness! I can't describe the difference, but there was so much more 'completeness'(?) to my emotions/feelings yet I could not bring that same intensity of feelings back to conscious waking.

I record that experience and then find myself unable to return to sleep for a while trying to figure out why I can’t ‘feel’ those emotions in this waking state.

Eventually, I become aware of being in a barber-type chair, and feeling the spinning sensation as the chair rotated. I was able to take this spinning sensation and consciously push it faster, knowing it would allow me to get OOB, which it does! I am aware once again of 'floating body parts', with my legs moving up, down, all over in the most unusual positions!

I find myself now standing in another hallway, one I have been to before, yet not known where it is. I walk down the hallway to where it opens at the end into rooms on my left and right. I take time to verify I am OOB by looking at my hands and seeing them melt away - a signal that tells me I am definitely OOB. Somehow there is the color blue associated with these rooms, but yet I do not recall why/how.

Remembering I wanted to do 'Inward now!' I attempted to spin and go within but without any success! I tried a second time, and again without any results. Suddenly I'm aware of strong (male energy) arms that are coming from behind me and wrapping around my arms and holding my hands. I am SO enjoying this warm embrace and loving energy, I hold tight to his hands and don't want to let go! I show myself this is all 'real' by taking his hands and clapping them in a rhythm, then squeezing his fingers and then thumbs, just to experience the fact that they really are there!

Again, I know there was more interaction with this 'person', but the memories did not find its way back to full consciousness. This warm, loving embrace remained with me even as I became more aware when my CD player decided it would suddenly turn on by itself (!) and play the meditative music I had listened to prior to sleep! I KNOW I turned off the CD player earlier that night, but somehow it was on once again and now I am able to be nearly awake (out of the OOBE mindstate) and STILL able to feel the warm embrace of those 'otherwordly' arms holding me! I remained quietly enjoying this embrace for as long as I dared before I had to pull myself to full wakefulness to record the events I could still remember!

Once again, it felt as though I was pulled from this OBE mind state of bliss and contentment, but this time WHILE I am consciously was aware of the music playing that should not have been! It felt as if I was in ‘both worlds’ at once…

So, you can see why I hesitate to post this, however, I'm hoping I've written it well enough to have everyone understand the depth and strength of emotions. Could this have been another meeting/melding of my ‘Higher Self’? Was this just their way of letting me know that they are with me and are sending me love and guidance? Am I perhaps connecting on a 'higher level' these days and that is why I can't remember much? Was it a learning process to show me that I am not able to relate ALL my experiences accurately?

Still, they should know that I need to share what I am experiencing, so I hope I will be able to improve my recall of my OOBE experiences just a bit more in the future!

Open to any insight and suggestions….thanks!

2. karen659

karen659 Member

I became aware within a dream that I was once again driving, having arrived at a crossroads that had some sort of anomaly in it (unusual road sign?), and had that slight hesitation of doubt as to whether I am really driving, which allowed me to become aware of my dream state.

I did not take the time to look at my hands (my usual way of determining readiness), but just jumped backward quickly without a care as to whether I was really driving or not! I remember even thinking, “Well, I certainly hope I’m not really driving!”, but yet my subconscious knows that if I have to have even a shred of doubt, then it’s my signal to exit!

I then rolled off the couch, feeling the usual pulling and tugging, and used the affirmation ‘to the door!’ with ease. Again I was in total darkness, blind, yet still aware of where I had to go. As I moved through the front door, I remembered I wanted to go to my Higher Self, to seek guidance and support from the one place that I know I will get the best answers from.

I paused on the front porch, briefly thinking I’d like to go see G.S., but more importantly wanted to see where my Higher Self would take me.

I did a small jump, affirmed ‘to my Higher Self” and started floating upward, moving quickly backward through blackness. What is interesting here is that I ended up back inside the house, once again floating gently above my sleeping body, fully aware I am still out of body.

This time, however, there was a big difference in feeling, in that I merely had to ‘step out’ to move away. The clarity of this experience was in stark contrast to my first exit! I was fully conscious, with perfect vision, and feeling so much more in control and ‘clear’ in all aspects! This exit felt to be on a much higher level or vibration.

I moved again to the front door and out, clearing seeing my yard and beautiful night sky, and once again started floating up gently and peacefully. I vaguely remember seeing the scenery change into something I know is not here in ‘real life’.

It is at this point I would have to say for the first time ever, I must have ‘clicked out’ in a sense. I have absolutely no memories (not even vague knowings/feelings of activities like I usually have) from the scenery change to the next recall.

The next recall was one of profound peace, joy, and contentedness…drifting gently, listening to the most beautiful music! The music was most interesting in that it wasn’t just ‘musical notes’ I heard, but actual feelings, emotions, and even messages I was receiving while listening to it!

I also knew that I was going back to body, making a peaceful, leisurely return, and then thought I’d like to get in just a few aerial acrobatics before returning!! I remember doing two forward rolls, enjoying the sensations, and noticing that someone is just off to my left as he (male feeling) lightly touched my left hand to tell me he was there.

Thoroughly enjoying myself, I mentally had a conversation with this person, and the only memory of our discussion was just before re-entry when I lightheartedly bargained with him, ‘well, I’ll go back because I have to record this experience, but only on the condition that I will definitely get out again!’ lol

I had the most gentle return to body I have ever had, lightly settling in, becoming slowly aware of loud rushing sounds that usually precedes my OBEs, most prominently heard in the center of my forehead. It was unusual for me to hear this upon return.

There were other dreams I had after this, but I did not record them. I have no excuse for why not, except to say that I felt (at the time) there was nothing that needed to be recorded! That again is most unusual, as I do try to record everything knowing that I may not be of enough ‘conscious’ mind at the time to make that decision to record or not!

Thanks for reading, any feedback, please let me know!

Karen

3. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Thank you

Hi Karen,
    It's Sunday afternoon here in Lindon, Utah. Quite early for the season, a light snow fell last night and blanketed the outdoors with a couple of inches of white. As I write this, my wife is in the downstairs kitchen baking some pumpkin bread. It is very peaceful and still here.

Something is happening, and I'm not sure how to put my finger on it and put it into words. It kind of feels like something wonderful and magic that has always been here. But somehow now, I'm just starting to notice it. The internet is pretty amazing how this "technology" is allowing us to connect with people all over the world. I was recently at a conference in Fargo, North Dakota. One evening friends and I drove over the the neighboring city of Moorehead, Minnesota. There was a light rain falling. I enjoyed the feelings as we drove through a canopy of overhanging branches and leaves. The old two story homes on either side of the street made me feel as though I had stepped back in time. There has always been something heart-stirring about driving in the rain and seeing the lights of cars and homes reflected and mixed on the wet pavement.

While in Moorehead, we drove through the campus of Concordia College. One of my colleagues in the car mentioned that he thought the college had a famous choir. One of the ladies in the backseat took out her cellphone and called her husband who is a music professor at Dixie State College in St. George, Utah. She put the phone on speaker, and in a moment, Ron, her husband, was there present with us. Ron told us the history of the Concordia College Choir us we drove around in the rain. Such a common occurence, but so wrought with deep significance of the possibilities that await us--actually the possibilities that are always present if we only have "eyes to see" and "ears to hear!"

So, why do I relate this? Well, I am sensing the same kind of wonder when I was in a car on a rainy evening on the campus of Concordia College and Ron, the music professor, miraculously appeared and when I read your postings here. In the past, I have read of experiences you describe in books by Robert Munroe and others. But somehow, this time "it" has a different feel to it. Perhaps, it is because of the nature of this forum, but you feel closer and more real to me. I think it is because you're an actual person I'm in contact with. Anyway, I don't know if I'm making sense. Perhaps, I simply want to say that I am grateful that you're willing to share your experience here. The possibilities that you are suggesting are causing shifts in me and are causing my heart to open. Being a writer myself, I well know the time and effort it takes to translate an experience into words. I think you are doing a suberb job! I admire your dedication in recording your experiences in such detail. So, without further words, I say, "I notice you; I appreciate you; and I am being blessed by you." Thank you. --Keith :)

4. karen659

karen659 Member

Keith,

What a beautiful tribute! I am so honored to know that my writings have 'touched' you and made you realize this IS a possibility for ALL of us!!! That is my ultimate goal - to share what I know and hope others may learn from it!

Wow, I'm really speechless, and deeply grateful that you are sharing your thoughts (and excellent writing ability!) with me and the others on the forum.

Your presence here as well is a blessing for the rest of us....:)

Thanks again for the post and the wonderful words...please keep in touch!

Karen

5. karen659

karen659 Member

78) Finally! Revealing my Guide!

This was an unplanned and unexpected surprise, as I had no direct ‘intention’ or focus on trying to have an OBE last night! So it is even better (to me) that it was totally spontaneous!

I remember lying in bed (not my usual ‘traveling couch’!), feeling like I’m awake, but very relaxed, wondering if it is near time to get up. I realize that it feels like my legs are floating, and in a position that just couldn’t be possible (up off to the right somewhere!)

I think initially, ‘it can’t be my usual signal for OBE because I’m so awake’, yet still, it FELT just like it was! So, not wanting to take any chance (that’s one thing I have learned with this OBE process!), I tell myself I’ll just roll out and see what happens!!

An interesting (and unexpected) twist to my roll out is that I now feel like I’m ‘oozing’ out, and sliding very gently off the side of the bed and hanging. I even remember thinking, ‘wow, if I’m really physically doing this, then my husband (who is sleeping next to me) is certainly going to think I’m strange hanging off the side of the bed in this position!’ It almost felt as though I was actually ‘peeling myself’ out of body!!

So I’m standing by the bed, and have the absolute best clarity of thinking and vision that I have ever had! It was so clear that I thought I was actually physically out of bed! I moved to the door, and was SO surprised to get my validation that I am indeed out of body when my hand and arm go easily through the bedroom porch door!

Thrilled to be out unexpectedly again, and with such clarity of feeling and vision, I take off flying over the yard. I recall seeing everything just as it is for ‘real’, and am just ecstatic that I do my usual aerial acrobatics for fun!

Once again, as with my last experience, I feel someone’s hand on mine. This time, however, I have the clarity of mind to say, “I want to see who you are!!”

We continue on together, and I recall walking along with him in a garden-type area, conversing. He was next to me, but not visible to me, and I don’t remember all we talked about. But I do know at one point I told him I need to ‘see’ him and learn his name!

There was such a light-hearted fun feeling with him, as there always is when I’m with my guide in past experiences. He knew I wanted to ‘see’ him, so he had some fun with me in showing first just an glowing outline of him, and I said laughingly, “no fair, show me more!”

I watched intently as he ‘faded’ in to full form – a young male with medium length straight dark hair, average height, white shirt, dark pants – and a very familiar warm smile!! I remember him from other experiences, having glimpses of him, yet never being sure who he was.

He lightheartedly tells me he’s the one who ‘plays with my feet’ to try to get me to go out of body! There has been many times I have felt hands on my feet at various points of exiting (see my blog), and now I know who my helper is!

We walk toward an elevator and now I don’t even think to ask him his name!! However, he knew I wanted it and had this next encounter arranged so that he would not have to directly tell me his name (as again, I believe I requested this prior to incarnating this life).

As we near the elevator, I am surprised to see a male co-worker (actual nurse, still alive) walk toward the same elevator we are going to. My guide says to him, “Hi T.T., ICU” (in the same intonation manner that T.T. uses in real life here to answer the phone every day at work!).

T.T. answers him, as we all get into the elevator, “Hi Richard!” and I exclaim excitedly to my guide, “It’s Richard! Your name is Richard! Do you know how long I’ve tried to find that out?” (which of course he knows! lol)

He starts talking to me, as the elevator starts to move, about being with me ‘back when…’ and I’m having a hard time focusing as I feel I’m waking. I was left with the impression that he has been with me many lifetimes and will continue to be with me in the future.

I woke with such contentedness and joy, mentally thanking Richard for this revelation, and then surprised to hear his “You’re welcome, Karen!” within my mind while I’m lying there fully awake!

Thanks to all those who have contacted me and supported me in saying that I will eventually get to meet him...wow, I'm just so thrilled!

Karen

6. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Greetings

Hi Karen,
    AMAZING! I am so happy for you! So you learned the name of one of your guides. I am sensing that we all are surrounded by loving and protective presences. Some we have been journeying with for ages, and others we are just becoming aware of as we evolve.

Sometimes when I'm walking in nature, I pause and just "listen." Wind is such a spiritual thing for me. There is the "cleansingly lonely" sound of the wind as it passes high overhead through the branches of pine trees. And then there is the "image" of wind passing through the leaves of Quaking Aspens. The leaves gently oscillate as the wind passes through them. To me, Quaking Aspen leaves are the most skillful of wind-dancers. And sometimes, when I stand really still, I start to notice something magical and beautiful happening. It is as though I start to notice an inner golden light that is emanating from EVERYTHING! I start to notice that EVERYTHING is more alive than I had ever dreamed. And everything is drenched with such significance. It's at moments like this that I would almost not be surprised to see a fairy or a gnome peek around from a nearby bush or rock. Or, I wouldn't be surprised or disbelieving if I had a friend say that they learned that the name of their spiritual guide was "Richard."

Again, your dedication to your journeying touches me and your willingness to write of your experiences and share them here blesses and benefits me. Thank you and take care. --Keith :)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  7. karen659

karen659 Member

Once again, Keith, your posts (and appreciation) for my writing is most touching, and I thank YOU for letting me know it helps....

I am still elated at the thought of the meeting, and the spontaneity of the experience. It just couldn't have been planned any better....:)

I also know that 'names' are not important in the astral realms, as recognition is more on a soul level, yet here in the physical there is such a need created in our upbringing for that 'label'!

I would know him anywhere just due to his 'energy' while OOB, however, here while I'm still in body, it somehow helps SO much to know who to call upon for help when I need it!

Thanks once again...
    Karen

8. zeroordie505

zeroordie505 Member

a quik question

ok its hard to explaine exactly but ive been meditating for a while and this happened like my first week of doing it but no one could understand what had happened cept for my teacher of meditation...ok. during one meditation i was so into it i left my body completely and traveled miles and miles away to this beautiful place with the sun and big hill and was so amazed by it then suddenly somebody [a class mate] kinda hit me on the head thinkin i was asleep bc were still bein tought how to meditate but it shocked me so bad that it felt like everything i released and my spirit were pulled back into my body in a split second and it scared me idk y but it did and i couldn stop talking about it all that day and the next but i felt a new emotion almost is kinda how i felt... but if anyone could explaine what had happened that day id love to hear anything on it :)

9. karen659

karen659 Member

10.25-26.08 Awakened 12:30a
    Spontaneous OBE - Impulsiveness Learning

I was once again surprised to discover I was able to spontaneously enter into an OBE state from the dream state without having to do a lot of preparation prior to sleep. I remember falling to sleep thinking about a recent statement I read that told me it’s a given fact (Universal Law) that anytime you go deeply within and ask for help, it MUST be given.

Despite knowing this previously, somehow this statement resonated even more deeply this time and I felt very comforted to know that help is never far away. I mentally requested this help, to let me understand better what I am to learn and to give me guidance and direction.

I also was thinking upon falling asleep about a recent email I had with another individual who is learning OBE about the use of a falling visualization to induce. Both of these ‘thought patterns’ I feel played a role in my being able to awaken within this dream to get OOB even though I had not ‘set intention’ of traveling that night.

I remember I was dreaming of skydiving and generating that falling sensation and how it must feel to freefall. (I have never skydived in real life, however, I was just asked recently by my daughter if I’d consider it sometime with her, and after only a short pause, said, Yes! :) – the date is still to be determined)

My first recollection was of lying in bed, but different than the one I was in. However, I was aware of movement sensations within my body, and having learned you never just dismiss any chance to get OOB, I decided I’d just roll out and see what happens!

I found myself OOB, standing next to the bed, and having the strongest pulling sensation ever tugging at me to get back in body! I was adamant that I was not going back yet, and remember pulling and pulling without a lot of success. I remembered, ‘to the door!’ which didn’t work (maybe because I did not see a door!) and nearly fell back into body. I looked back to the bed, saw the vague outline of me sleeping and then paused a moment to try to think of what to do next.

I then tried, ‘to the outside!’ and amazingly I was immediately transported to another location. This OBE start up was different in that I was not in my usual ‘real life’ room, yet still knew I was out and able to go places just by affirming my intent.

I found myself in a small house-like building with many rooms, with at least two other male individuals. Again, many memories are lost with the transition back to waking consciousness, however, I was able to request help in retaining some information and this is what I was able to record.

I was enjoying myself in this house, going from room to room, doing something that was helping me to learn to move about in this realm. I remember seeing walls and doors, and enjoying the fact that I could just move through them without a concern. What exactly I was doing in each room, however, is lost to recall.

I knew there was a younger male in the house with me, who may have been the one who brought me here, but there was no interaction with him. I was more interested in the ‘older’ male, who gave the feeling of being ‘in charge’. He was busy working within each room as well, yet I was doggedly following after him, asking question after question in order to better understand whatever I was learning. I was not bothered at all that he would continue to work as we talked, as that is exactly how I do things…multi-tasking!

As we entered one room, I looked outside the window and saw a beautiful pure white crystalline ‘ocean’ of some kind, one that had small scale-like pure white crystals moving gently and regularly (like an ocean surf would) next to the house.

I immediately wanted to go out to see this firsthand, and without thinking twice, popped through the side of the house nearest that window and going out. I was surprised to find it was so cold! I remember standing there with my ‘feet’ in the crystals feeling the cold, watching the waves of crystal surround me. I walked a short distance in the white crystals, to the other end of the house, and knew to just ‘pop’ back inside the house through another wall.

I found myself in another room, one with an older ‘storage’ type feeling, and thought, ‘yup, this is the right room for this end of the house’ so I knew I was where I was back where I was supposed to be.

It was after that crystal ocean experience that I remember walking up to the older male and specifically asking, “I know I have learned you can travel anywhere just by thought, but why can’t I go visit my mother?” The question in general felt it had more to do with visiting any other people who are still in physical while I was OOB.

His response was felt more than heard, so this is the idea of our discussion. He said that I had not learned the ‘control’ that is necessary yet, as I was still a bit headstrong in my actions while OOB. I did not take the time to see the ‘connections’ that are being given to me, yet I remember saying (in my defense) that at least I DID make the ‘connection’ even though it wasn’t the way he was trying to get me to do it. I knew I was smiling as I know I DO do that!

He gave two examples of ‘connections/associations’ he had been trying to send me, and this is difficult to write as it really doesn’t make sense once awake (but it made perfect sense at that time!) He showed me the ‘lead crystals beads’ hanging on a lamp, and then the same ‘lead crystals’ in another part of the room. I was supposed to make the connection between these two to learn something; however, I did it my own way and made the ‘connection/association’ via a different means. I have absolutely no recall as to what the other example was, but it made perfect sense at that time.

I believe he was trying to point out that I do not take the time that is necessary to learn the small steps, always wanting to go explore and take off on my own. (Yes, I am guilty of this, I know! – see my first OOB in my blog (#1) when I just took off without waiting for my helpers! In hindsight, I also believe the exit through the house to the crystal ocean was another example of my impatience and curiosity!)

I followed him into another room as he worked and this room felt more like his ‘private’ room. I recall thinking maybe I shouldn’t be here, as I noticed another female standing by the door with a Bluetooth type headset on her ear, talking. There was no interaction with her, but I thought I might be intruding on some privacy issue.

However, I immediately ‘knew’ that there is no privacy in this realm and that all thoughts and actions are capable of being seen by all others – (this may have been a new learning for me) – so I was no longer concerned about being there. Similarly, I realize the presence of ‘walls and doors’ in the astral are there but are not used for the same ‘privacy’ and blocking, as anyone can just go through them with ease.

Nothing in our discussion was felt to be neither critical nor blameworthy. It was felt to be a learning process and I understood and accepted all that I was being told without a concern. He began speaking again showing me more information when I felt that sharp transition to waking consciousness.

I know once I feel that transition I will be awake, so I always try to remain within that altered consciousness as long as I can to tag my experiences with single words for recall upon waking. I remember frantically realizing I had NO words to tag with, and mentally requested help to please let me remember something! Words then came to me and I was able to remember this much for recording, however, there was SO much more that was lost!

Generally speaking though, this experience has shown me that perhaps I need to take more time to slowly learn the proper processes before trying to go do things on my own in the astral. I am not sure exactly how this relates to my physical life, except perhaps to tell me that I need to slow down and take more time to focus on my own needs so that I may be more aware of the connections and associations being presented to me.

10. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Hi Karen,
    It's me again. In ways that you probably don't fully realize, you are serving as a mentor for me as to how conscious awakening can be facilitated through "awakening" within one's dream and going out-of-body. Because of your own personal experiences, you "know" that you are so much more than just your physical body. I have had "lucid" moments in "real" life where I have awoken and experienced a kind of "light" emanating from things that I had been blind to before. At these times, I have felt such joy and peace and have realized a connectedness with ALL things.

I admire your care in recording the details of your dreams and of recording events and scenes that at the time may not make any sense to you. You are exploring consciousness just like explorers in all ages have gone out to explore unknown regions--regions that have expanded from deep dark forests, to frozen mountain tops, to the bottom of the ocean, to outer space. These explorers faithfully recorded their experiences so that the trail for future explorers was marked and more easy to follow.

Your description of the "beautiful pure white crystalline 'ocean'" is so rich with meaning and deep metaphor.

I purchased William Buhlman's book "Adventures Beyond the Body" several years ago. I started to read it then, but it just didn't call me that strongly. It just didn't make a lot of sense to me at the time. Just recently, I've started to read it again and to record my dreams. I've sent you a copy of my descriptions of these most recent dreams in an email. I haven't taken time to ponder what any symbolic or metaphorical meanings these dreams may have. I have just faithfully recorded the events as they unfolded in my dreams and as best as I recall them. I have always seemed to be blessed with a very detailed memory and recall for things. Perhaps, this will serve me well in this next stage of exploring I'm embarking on. Wish me luck. As always, your friend, --Keith :)

11. karen659

karen659 Member

Another short OBE, and one that is not as 'in depth', but still I thought I'd share!

3:15am 10/28/08

With the last two experiences being totally spontaneous (which means without moving to the couch and mentally preparing myself with affirmations and visualizations), I thought I’d try once again, upon going to sleep, to mentally request help and guidance from those ‘who are at or above my level of development’ and if it was possible to experience another spontaneous OBE. Somehow the knowing that help is there for the asking is more deeply ingrained within my subconscious, so I felt it was something I needed to try to validate this new understanding. I was surprised and thrilled to awaken from another spontaneous OBE a short while later!!

My first recall was lying in bed, with my husband intently watching me as he knew I was attempting to get into the proper mind frame for OBE travelling. (In real life, he was sleeping next to me, as I apparently was). I could hear him say to someone, ‘watch, she’s going out!’ as if he was concerned that I was going into this trance. I was fully aware of his concern, yet knew I wanted to do this so continued on. I was reading words as they scrolled on a monitor next to my bed that placed me in this ‘trance, and was able feel the movement into this altered state as I read.

At some point, I just knew I was ready to ‘get out’. I don’t have any recollection as to what the signal was, but remember once again thinking that if I even have the smallest thought that I was ‘ready’ I should go with it! So instead of rolling out, it felt like I just ‘walked out’ this time and headed for the porch door.

Once I moved through the door to the porch I knew I was out for certain. Standing outside, I could feel the rain, and remembered it was pouring when I feel asleep (which it was in real life).

However, despite being a distance away, I still felt the very strong tugging, pulling me back to body. Not wanting to let it pull me back, I just tumbled over the railing to the ground, feeling the rail as I passed through.

On the ground I realize I’m blind, in pure blackness, and as I move, I know I am passing through things as I can feel the texture changes. In an attempt to clear up my vision, I remember affirming, ‘clarity now!’ twice, yet with no results!

Not being sure where I was, I figured I’d just shoot straight up like a rocket to the far reaches of the solar system, wanting to see the Earth from outer space once again.

As I moved upward, the movement vibration changed, and it became the familiar black tunnel as I have previously experienced.

At some point, I could see the Earth in all its blue and white beauty, and realized I was still moving away, backwards! The Earth became smaller and smaller, and at the point where it became the size of a beach ball (that’s what my thoughts were – it’s a beach ball!), I heard the words, “It is whatever you think it is”. At that point, I knew it was a beach ball, so I playfully batted it away as if a toy!
    There is some loss of recall here, because the next memory I recorded is the ending that is just a bit confusing to write about as I don’t fully remember its meaning, which I know I had at the time.

I saw a series of pictures, and knew these were my ‘saved’ pictures that I could blend into. You move into what you save, and these pictures were the ones I saved. Looking at one picture of my family in younger years (brothers, sister, mom, dad on a bench), I said that I didn’t really remember taking that exact picture, but yet it was one I choose to transition into. It seems everyone has their own set of saved pictures that you are able to ‘go’ into.

I am writing here exactly what I recorded because I really don’t have the ability to make too much sense of it at this time. It is my hope that someone has some insight as to what it all means, and can share their thoughts!

12. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

A Breakthrough

I've noticed that Karen is the main one who posts here. She is serving as a mentor for my own exploration in consciousness through noticing and consciously traveling and experiencing in dreams. Over the last few weeks, I have been recording my dreams as soon as I wake up from them.

As I was pondering on the “inside” experience of “waking” up within a dream AND the “outside” experience of “waking” up in the “real” world and seeing things clearly for the first time, I recalled a passage from the Book of Thomas. Here it is:

"The Gospel of Thomas"
    (22) (1) Jesus saw infants being suckled. (2) He said to his disciples: "These little ones being suckled are like those who enter the kingdom." (3) They said to him: "Then will we enter the kingdom as little ones?" (4) Jesus said to them: "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside and the above like the below - (5) that is, to make the male and the female into a single one, so that the male will not be male and the female will not be female - (6) and when you make eyes instead of an eye and a hand instead of a hand and a foot instead of a foot, an image instead of an image, (7) then you will enter [the kingdom]."

Pondering the relationship between “outside” and “inside,” I get the distinct impression that being able to awaken on the “inside” when in the midst of a dream will assist me greatly in awakening on the “outside” to the truth that surrounds me all the time. And vice versa, the ability to be conscious and awaken on the “outside” will greatly assist me in awakening on the “inside” while I’m dreaming. It’s like Jesus said to his disciples, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside and the above like the below”

Anyway, here are a couple of my dreams I had and recorded early this morning. I have bolded the part of the dream that I felt was a HUGE breakthrough for me. As Karen says, "Any comments or insights are most welcome." --Keith :)

Keith’s Dreams of Early Morning, Monday, October 31, 2008: I taught my CLSS 1100 class last night from 0530 to 0800 PM. I taught about the second HardiCoping technique, i.e., focusing. Students experienced getting in touch with a felt sense through creating a collage. They then divided into teams of two and took turns providing “presence” for one another as they shared about their collages. I got home a little after 0830 PM. I had some dinner, and then went to bed in the spare bedroom at around 1000 PM. I read until a little after 1030 PM.

I awoke from my first dream at around 0250 AM. At first, I considered just falling back to sleep. Then I thought, “No. If you are serious about realizing deeper consciousness then you need to write down as much as you can remember about this dream right now. If you don’t, then it is going leave awareness just like a soap bubble ‘popping’ into then air.” And so here is what I wrote:

I never could quite recapture the exact memory of this part, but as I was waking up there remained vestiges of my dad in the background. It was like he had been there in the peripherals of my awareness. I was in some town. In my memory, it had the feeling of the small town of Sun River, Montana. Sun River is only about a mile from where I grew up. I was talking, or listening, to someone. This male person had the feeling of one of my students.

I asked, “How tall is your mom?” He was pretty tall—maybe 6’ 2” or 6’3”—and his mom was even taller.

Him: “Oh, she’s about 5’4”.”

Me: “Surely you meant to say 6’4”. I can see your mom right over there now. She’s a bit taller than you, right?”

Him: “That’s not my mom. That’s my stepmom. I haven’t known any family—any real family—since I was 10 years old. My father—did he mean stepfather???—use to say to me, “Hey! Get over here you little shithead—it felt to me like he was describing of an incident when he was younger than 10. He’d then reach his greasy fingers into my mouth and grasp one of my little teeth between them and begin to pull and wiggle it back and forth until he yanked it out of my mouth. He’d then give me a rough shove. He’d take the tooth and attach it to a string of my teeth—and my siblings’ teeth???—that the creep wore around his neck."

As I’m writing this, it is fading, but when I woke up there was a feeling/memory that dad had been there somewhere before, or in the background. And that he had been asking or telling me something. Perhaps more will return when I fall back to sleep.

0545 AM: After waking up and writing about the previous dream, I lay in bed awake. First, I repeated and visualized “my personal creed.” This usually takes anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes. I then took a few moments to repeat the Monroe Institute’s “Gateway Affirmation” and the affirmation Stewart Edward White repeated before he started his ritual of prayer and meditation. Here they both are here:

The Gateway Affirmation
    I am more than my physical body. Because I am more than physical matter, I can perceive that which is greater than the physical world. Therefore, I deeply desire to Expand, to Experience; to Know, to Understand; to Control, to Use such greater energies and energy systems as may be beneficial and constructive to me and to those who follow me. Also, I deeply desire the help and cooperation, the assistance, the understanding of you, my friends, whose wisdom, development and experience are equal or greater than my own. I ask your guidance and protection from any influence or any source that might provide me with less than my stated desires.

Stewart Edward White’s Affirmation
    Friends, whatever I have of capacity and power to attract and pass on from the Source, I wish you to have and to use in whatever way is in the best interests of the work we are doing. It is for you only, and no other need apply.

As I repeated the above two affirmations, I pictured my friends and spirit guides surrounding me protectively as beings of white light. As I was falling back to sleep, I repeated over and over and over again the affirmation of:

“I awake within my dream and have an out-of-body experience I remember.”

I fell back to sleep and started dreaming. I was back home in Montana. I was at a place—it felt like the old Holiday Village shopping center in Great Falls—at some cafeteria type area there. I had ordered some food, paid with it by credit card, and was standing there waiting to sign my credit card receipt. There was someone at the cash register who was “volunteering” their time there. It wasn’t like they were getting paid for doing this job. While waiting to sign my receipt, I decided to buy some candy or gum from these machines along the windows that looked out on the big parking lot. The machines where those old fashioned glass fishbowl type ones that you use to put a penny in and get a gum ball or two. I noticed water running below the windows and along the floor. There was actually quite a bit of water flowing in where I was standing. These “ladies” kept getting it my way so I couldn’t get to the gum machines. This one “idiot” lady pushes her “train” of three shopping carts in front of me and parks it between me and the gum machines. I’m frustrated and pissed off.

Finally, the cashier hands me my receipt to sign. My pen doesn’t work at first. “Someone”—I don’t know who—with me in the line rips my receipt in two and says, “Oh, you don’t need that. Go ahead and get your food.” I hand the torn receipt back to the cashier—it’s a male person—and ask, “Is that right?” He shrugs his shoulders and says, “Yeah, I guess so.”

The first thing I notice in the cafeteria line are the desserts. There is another girl in front of me who is taking her time deciding what to get. She comes back to the desserts in front of me. I step back so she can see and get what she wants. A couple of particular desserts draw my attention. They are whipped cream chiffon type desserts. One is an “autumn” type dessert of pumpkin pie and spice cake with a hint of lemon meringue type dessert. The other is a chocolate flavored type dessert. I’m having a bit of a time deciding which one I want. I find myself leaning more towards the “autumn” type dessert.

Next, I remember finding myself back at our family farm in Sun River Valley. I was outside on that big lawn just north of the Sun River Valley LDS church. (Note. Our family farm bordered this church. This is the church I attended all my growing up years.) I’m walking home from some activity at the church. I start visiting with some student of mine. She asks if I’d be willing to talk with her husband and share some of the things I’ve been teaching in class. I say, “Sure.” I look down and notice that I’m not wearing any pants. I only have on underwear. I’ve forgotten something of mine back in the church. I start back to the church. It’s getting dark. Someone leaving the church calls out, “You better hurry. They’re just locking up.”

I start to run south back towards the church. I find myself taking long wonderful leaps and bounds. I’ve had this happen in other dreams, and it almost feels like I’m flying. I’m still about 40 to 50 yards from the church. I let go and take one mighty leaping stride towards the church. As I’m softly and swiftly floating through the air with one leg extended forward and the other back, it dawns on me in the middle of this dream that I’m dreaming. To my self, I say or think, “Hey. I can’t leap, or fly, like this in ‘real’ life. I must be dreaming.”

(Note. This is a huge breakthrough for me. I actually realized within my dream that I was dreaming.)

I then said excitedly, or thought, something like, “Hey. I know I’m dreaming right now. Wake up! Wake up!”

And with a sudden jerk and jolt, I immediately woke up back in my bed. I didn’t wake up “in” my dream as I had hoped. Rather, I awoke “from” my dream. I awoke excited and happy with my conscious progress and recorded this. YAHOO!!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  13. karen659

karen659 Member

Keith, thanks so much for the post and the nice words...it is my deepest desire to help others learn what I have done....and it's nice to know I can!!:)

I am so thrilled with your progress! Making the connection that you are 'dreaming' while dreaming is the biggest task to overcome, and you have done it once, therefore with each successive time it becomes easier!!

You asked in an email to me how long it took me to get OOB from the awareness connection, and I have to be honest, I'd have to go back to my handwritten journal that I started before online to see exactly.

My recall right now is that it was a matter of months, perhaps 3-4, and it helps when you keep journaling, reading, and maintaining the intense desire to do so. Intention is key, and knowing it WILL happen!! as I know it will!

I do appreciate you sharing your dreams, and I hope to find time to look over the ones you emailed me to give you some feedback

...and you may even want to start your own 'thread' here for others to post their responses to for a wider feedback audience. It really doesn't matter where you post, as long as you do!! lol

Thanks again so much....I really appreciate your words!

Karen

14. karen659

karen659 Member

11/03/08
    I moved to my ‘traveling couch’ as usual and used my visualizations and affirmations to get into the right mind state as I fell back to sleep. Here is where I become aware of being in vibrations, with short light bursts of vibrations at first. Knowing this is my signal I am about to move out, I affirm and intensify these vibrations, willing them to become stronger and stronger.

At the height of intensity, I make my move and find instead of ‘rolling out’ as I usually do, I practically jump out of my body! Once again I am amazed at the clarity of my senses…no blindness, no pulling or tugging, just perfect vision and a flowing ease of movement.

Easily I glide to the door, not even having to consciously ‘affirm’ my intentions, just thinking of the door starts my movement.

My brother Wayne was here and talking to someone about something he wasn’t supposed to have done. I knew it was middle of the night, and wondered why he was here so late. I was in the front yard and remembered I had wanted to do “inward now!”

However, my attention was on his truck as he go into it to drive away. I flew to the top of the truck, and was surprised to see my dog Buddy on top with me! As he starts to drive away, I jumped down and decided I’d like to try to race him, knowing I could go as fast as I wanted with only my intention.

Having decided to test my speeding abilities, I forgot about wanting to do inward now. I see him driving fast down the local road, and I race to catch up alongside him. I’m doing the ‘Superman’ pose, and thinking very clearly that it is my thoughts that are driving my actions. I am enjoying the speed as I see oncoming traffic heading toward me. I briefly think about a potential collision, yet still knowing that I would just pass through anything that I encountered. However, I took note that my speed slowed down upon the very thought of fear and potential collision.

The scene transitioned to another room where my brother was talking with someone about being accused wrongly of something, and I knew he was starting up with some sort of drama that I didn’t want to participate in. As left the room, I noticed two young female twins, about aged 10, that were very familiar, smiling at me. I knew I had seen them before, yet could not remember where.

Once into the hallway, I remembered I wanted to do ‘Inward now!’ and did so. I immediately had the usual movement sensation and found myself still in the hallway, but with my vision now clouded and hazy. I could hear a ball game playing on the radio or TV, and twice yelled out, “is anyone there?” There was no response and I tried to move, yet found my movements awkward and difficult.

The rest of the experience is only vague snapshots of memories that I recorded without any cohesiveness. I know I was looking for a young teacher who was needed to teach ‘newborn’ and ‘6-12’ (?) There were ‘other’ temporary teachers there, as they were ‘covering’ for others,because there were many other ‘missing’ teachers . I was there introducing myself, and do not recall what I was to do, but I do know computers somehow played a part in my role there.

This was not one of my best OBE’s, yet it started with such clarity of vision and thinking. I just don’t know what is going on with my OBEs in that I feel I am not having the great learning experiences I am seeking or have had in the past.

This may in part be due to the high level of stress and time constraints that I feel I have in my personal and professional life right now. So, I guess, it just may be that I need to be a bit more patient in my endeavors and know that when the time is right, my learning experiences will return in full bloom. Patience is a virtue, but it IS a difficult one for me!

15. karen659

karen659 Member

This is a first for my blog as I feel this experience is not a full OOB experience, however, the intensity and emotional impact it has left me with leaves me little doubt of it's importance. Therefore, I'm sharing it with you even though it appears to have personal symbolic meaning for my life right now.

As I have found, there is little OOB traveling done when there are many 'life issues' that need to be dealt with leaving little time and energy left for other pursuits. The Universe knows when I need time to focus on work, school, and family and this is one of those times. I know when the 'issues' settle, I'll return to my OOB experiences. I do hope, though, that it will be sooner than later!!

This dream was during a 'refresher' nap I had to take mid-day after being called into work at 3am for an emergency. What is interesting is that I felt the same strong transition upon waking as if awakening from an OBE. I am curious to know if anyone else can understand any of the symbology presented in this dream.

I'm calling it a dream because I have no recall of being 'out', yet I was an integral part of this lucid dream, as it unfolded in short little clips of different segments.

The first recollection I had was that I was watching someone skydiving, and suddenly was aware that there was problem with his chute! It had become tangled in what looked like a large tree trunk (with branches! lol) and he started spinning out of control.

Now, what is interesting is that I then felt like I BECAME this individual, as I could 'see' the spinning sensation of sky/earth/sky and knew I had to stop the spin and stablize the horizon to get my bearing as to what is up and down before attempting to release the stuck cords to the 'tree'. I remember 'hearing' this as HIS thoughts, as though I was within him. I even remember thinking to MYself, as I'm hearing his thoughts, "wow, I'm so impressed he can stay this calm with what is going on!"

Next recollection is watching him land safely, taking those few short steps as if the chute had deployed and the landing was uneventful. However, I 'knew' he had landed nowhere near where he had expected to be, and the few individuals who saw him were quite shocked at his sudden appearance! (I felt it was out west, New Mexico? came to mind, and it was quite flat and dry appearing).

Next segment was of people anxiously waiting outside a building for this man's arrival. There were dignitaries there (as noted by the sashes worn across their chests) and I felt the honoree was some sort of 'veteran'. Their emotions were felt to be of great concern, knowing this man had a problem that few could overcome, and they were saddened to think that he may not have made it through his difficulties. A few people started to walk away in tears, assuming he didn't make it.

The next segment was the MOST emotional for me, as I felt so totally absorbed by the event. I watched (and felt) such elation, joy, and pride as this man was making his entrance into a room full of people who were cheering and overjoyed at his arrival. There was music (I can still hear the drumming, patriotic type tune that made you just want to burst with pride!) and adoration that so encompassed the entire event, that I actually felt overwhelmed.

I slowly became aware of the fact it was a 'dream' as I felt that transition to waking consciousness on a very profound level as well, due to the extreme change in emotional response.

16. zeroordie505

zeroordie505 Member

in my meditation practice ive done alot for myself.....i know all of you have also and i think its great ...this prolly isnt an answer to anyones questions or anything just me talkin i love talking to other about this topic and the subtopics of reality..wich runs in line with meditation...ive typed alot of things about reality...and the human outlook..so if anyone would like to talk to me about anything to do with this i would love it .......im not asking you to ask me questions as if i know everything you need to know more or less talking about each others outlook on life reality and whatever else ud like to my email is [email protected]] its a very old account from when i was younger lol i used to do alot of skateboarding and still do so dont freak over the name of the email. would love to hear from anyone ....happy meditating !!

17. karen659

karen659 Member

Thanks for posting...

As many here know, I love to share what I have learned with anyone who will listen! Feel free to email me with any concerns/questions or just a hello if you wish to 'talk' anytime! That goes for anyone who is reading this....:)

As for this experience, I have found within 24 hours of having that dream, I KNEW why I had it! Things are still very unstable and 'in a tailspin' here in my real life (I'm thinking that tree was either the 'tree of life' or my 'family tree' symbolism!) and I am reallying leaning on remembering that experience to get me through some turmoil....

Dreams are always very personal, and sometimes we never know what 'learning' is going on, but always at some level there is....this time, however, its obvious for me...

I don't like to ask, but will take any and all healing, stablizing energy anyone wants to send for the next few days....thanks....

Karen

PS Check my blog for a commentary re: one interpretation

18. karen659

karen659 Member

11/12/08

I was awakened at 3:33 this am, which told me that something was up. However, in attempting to induce, I found myself unable to relax due to my mind thinking over the events of my personal life right now.

So I got up, did a little work I had neglected lately, and after two hours or so went back to bed. Feeling tired, I remembered all the wonderful emails and posts I received from many of you who responded to my email and forum requests for energy and healing support at this time.

Feeling the strong loving energy surrounding me, I was easily able to relax and fall asleep. My next recall was my usual ‘signal’ – I became aware of a ‘transitioning’ movement sensation, and realized my left leg was floating straight up!

I was excited to think I’d be able to get out and immediately moved to quickly roll out as usual. However, I was SO surprised to see that I was feeling held back in some way, as if I was being told to move S-L-O-W-L-Y. I couldn’t understand at first, but listened to the feeling, especially since I could tell someone was holding onto that left leg and not letting me swing it out off the bed!! LoL

I gently moved the leg back down in place, and then slowly ‘climbed’ straight out of my body! Standing next to the bed I was once again totally amazed at the clarity of this exit, with full vision and stable soft movements. No tugging or pulling, even this close to my body. I vaguely recall that may have even been able to see my own body on the bed, at least my legs! The room was exactly as it should be, and I moved easily to the porch door and out.

Once on the second floor porch, I looked over the railing and was just astounded at the beauty of the back yard and the clarity of vision I had. Looking to the hill on my left, I noticed taillights of a truck going into the back fields (where my son does some hunting) and remarked, ‘oh look, Stephen’s going hunting!’

I moved gently through the rail, even now remembering how it appeared to look down to the driveway below. Floating softly down, I was surprised to see my dog Buddy racing out the same porch door and right through the same railing to catch up with me! (He has accompanied me a few times before in my OOBEs)

On the ground, I take the time to just enjoy the pleasure and peacefulness of being out. I don’t recall exactly what else I did, but I do remember at one point floating up to the top of the pine trees we have in the yard and seeing a vine growing all through its branches.

It was a familiar vine, one that I knew broke off easily, which gave me the idea that I should break off a piece of vine and move it somewhere that I would be able to find after I woke up! I don’t know how I had this thought, as I have never before sought to leave ‘traces’ during an OBE that I would later hope to validate once awake. I left the broken piece of vine in the center of the driveway, thinking it would be noticed there.

I was excited to think I might finally be able to verify my experience with this idea so I went back to get another piece, wanting to place this one in a very obvious place for verification. I broke off another piece and then was distracted by noises coming from the forested area behind me. I thought I heard voices, and felt that I wanted to go see whoever was back there. I threw the vine toward the driveway, not really caring where it went, and took off for the forest.

My recollection ends there, as I became aware again of being back in bed, only to later realize it was a false awakening. In hindsight, I realize that it is my ‘real life’ concerns that play out in these false awakenings, as the issues that occurred are issues I am dealing with currently with my family.

During the false awakening experience, I am aware of my ‘shortcomings’ in how I am handling certain family situations and how I am feeling toward my husband and daughter (this one). I didn’t like the way I felt in the false awakening scenes. However, upon fully awakening, I see that it was all ‘false’ and that it is simply an issue that I need to deal with in real life, as it didn’t really happen. (I hope this makes sense, but I didn’t want to bore you with the family issue details).

I attempted to write down the details of this dream, as my recorder was not handy. As I am writing, I know I am forgetting something. Suddenly, I hear a gunshot from the back fields, and quickly recall that I had seen the taillights going into the back fields at the beginning of the experience! That timing of the gunshot was not by chance, I am sure!

I went outside to the driveway in hopes of maybe finding SOME evidence of my travel this morning; however, there was nothing to be found. However, my son DID call a short while later to let me know it WAS him in the back fields sighting in his guns to get ready for the hunting season that starts in a few days!’

19. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Good Morning

Hi Karen,
    I awoke early this morning, roll over in bed and turned on my iPod Touch. (I recently purchased this device. I have never owned a cell phone or an electronic device that has WiFi capability. I've been enamored of how easily I can connect with the WWW with this small device. To me, it is a miracle.) Anyway, I went to the Project Meditation Forum and read your post asking for loving support to be sent your way because you were in the midst of processing some "stuff." I held you in my thoughts and prayers at that moment. I have been so impressed with your dedication in recording your dreams and your O.O.B. journeys. Thank you. I want you to know that I always read your posts here and that I notice you.

You mentioned that your dream of the skydiving man was a very powerful emotional experience for you and that you welcome any insight from others. Please know that I've never read a "dream interpretation" book, so I'm far from being an expert in this area. However, for what it's worth here are my impressions:

--You were the "observer" of this dream, or drama, as it unfolded. There was a sense of "space" between you and the event. This indicates to me that you were able to maintain some sense of detachment even though this was such a powerful event for you. (Perhaps, your meditation is assisting you in observing things with more detachment.) This type of growth in awareness reminds me of this excerpt:

“When you have a relationship with what’s there, you are able to be its listener. It is able to tell you its story. If you are it, then there’s no one else to hear the story. This inner relationship is how you give yourself the healing presence that is so powerful and helpful.
    If you find yourself saying, “I am sad,” try changing that to “Part of me is sad,” or “I have a sad feeling,” or “I’m aware of something that feels sad.” Now the sad feeling becomes something you can be with instead of feeling all over, because it’s part of you, not all of you.”

(The Power of Focusing by Ann Weiser Cornell, p. 17)

--The character in this drama that you identified most closely with was the man in the chute. His chute was entangled in a "tree with branches." I think you were correct in that this "tree" represents both the human family's "tree of life" and "your own family tree." The feelings were: "spinning out-of-control" and "plunging towards the earth." Both very apt imagery of aspects of your life experiences right now.

--You mentioned that he/you had to "stabilize" before he/you could "release" the stuck "cords" from the "tree." Each of these words I have put "quotation marks" around are rich in symbolism. Just sit with each for a moment and it will reveal itself to you.

--You mentioned that as you "observed" this event, you were able to get into "his" mind and experiences his thoughts. A part of you was so impressed at how calm he [might I suggest this is also the inner you] was.

--You mention that he landed safely, but it wasn't where he had "expected." Ah life, it truly is wonderful and amazing when we let go of expectation of how it "should" be and how it is "suppose" to be. I'm sure you can relate to these feelings so well. Again this reminds me of another excerpt:

PASSION versus EXPECTATION
    Passion is the love of turning being into action. It fuels the engine of creation. It changes concepts to experience. Passion is the fire that drives us to express who we really are. Never deny passion, for that is to deny Who You Are and Who You Truly Want to Be.
    The renunciate never denies passion—the renunciate simply denies attachment to results. . . [Renunciation is not a decision to deny action. Renunciation is a decision to deny a need for a particular result.] Passion is a love of doing. Doing is being, experienced. Yet what is often created as part of doing? Expectation.
    To live your life without expectation—without the need for specific results—that is freedom. That is Godliness. . . Man, on the other hand, often feels he needs a return on his investment. If we’re going to love somebody fine—but we’d better get some love back. That sort of thing. This is not passion. This is expectation. This is the greatest source of man’s unhappiness. It is what separates man from God.
    The renunciate seeks to end this separation through the experience some Eastern mystics have called Samadhi. That is, oneness and union with God; a melding with and melting into divinity. The renunciate therefore renounces results—but never, ever renounces passion. Indeed, the Master knows intuitively that passion is the path. It is the way to Self realization. Even in earthly terms it can be fairly said that if you have a passion for nothing, you have no life at all.
    (Conversations with God, book 1, by Neale Donald Walsch, pp. 101-102)

--Finally, you mentioned that a group of people--you mention that these were dignitaries as signified by their sashes across their chests--had been waiting for this man's/your arrival. Might I suggest, that these are representative of the "spirit guides" you have been working with. They are beings whose "wisdom, experience, and power" are equal or greater than your own. Some of the people waiting could empathize with the difficulty of the journey you've been on and were concerned that "you/he" may not make it.

--You mention that this "homecoming" was the most emotional part of the dream for you. I find it so appropriate that this person/you seemed to be some kind of veteran. A "veteran" symbolizes one who has been refined through the heat of battle. This is a sending of "assurance" that you will "hear the music" and that you will make it and arrive safely home. The last excerpt I share is from an American Folktale by Margaret Prescott Montague called “Big Music." I discovered the story a few years back and it resonated with me so deeply that I want it read at my funeral.

All a feller had to do was jest to jump into a tune and let it carry him on away. For when the big music comes it ain’t like little musics, you don’t dance to it, it dances you . . . (p. 346) . . . It’s like I say, when the big music comes it dances you, you don’t dance to it, but every feller’s free to pick his own tune.” (p. 348)

For you in this incidence, the "tune" you chose was a drumming "patriotic-type" tune. How beautiful and appropriate for a "soldier" who has arrived home from battle.

Anyway, these are my thoughts at this moment. Perhaps they will help you find more "space" to see this event with more clarity. Be well and take care. --Keith :)

20. karen659

karen659 Member

Keith...this post brought tears to my eyes....I am just SO appreciative of the time you take to respond to my post in such detail and insight!

Yes, I will say, that I 'felt' this dream was indicative of my life right now, but you have given so much more meaning and depth than I connected with. Isn't always true we can easily help others, but it's so difficult to see our own 'stuff'...

You will see from my new post (this am) that it was the 'knowing' I had the supportive thoughts and energy of so many people who have contacted me that I was able to experience another OBE - quite easily!

Things are still unsettled, however, there is a peace and acceptance (and knowing all WILL be well!) that accompanies it, so I feel I have now controlled the 'tailspin' and ready to release the 'cords'.....

I just can't believe what wonderful supportive friends I have online.....

Thank you ALL so much.....
    Karen

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.