1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Out of body experiance

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by barney41, Jan 30, 2010.

1. barney41

barney41 New Member

Hello I've been listening to some stuff about meditation and in one of youtube videos they where explaining that with meditation you can achieve out of body experience ;) Or see very clear pictures with your eyes closed.

Did anyone here experience those things ? Is it really possible to see clear pictures with eyes closed :s ? I am new to this whole meditation thing ... doing it about a week and I am still unable to see anything with closed eyes :D

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

Why shouldnt it be possible? I´d think its just the strength of your imagination, isnt it?

I´ve experienced wild things so far through my meditation journey, and one thing i learned is that such things come and go. Like the waves in the ocean! If it is your desire to experience such things, then you may experience them if you try to get into a trance like state, but be aware of that this has nothing to do with meditation in itself. There are many things that can be experienced in our journey as a human, but the question is, where do you want to go?

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

Excellent answer Pan.

I completely agree.
    What were your intentions for starting meditation anyway ? Is your focus on out of body experiences, or did you go for the other benefits ?

If you want better health, a more balanced life and perhaps the promise of enlightenment ( not for everyone ), I would agree with Pan to think of out-of-body experiences and those vivid pictures as side-products, things that can lead you away from your goal instead of making them your goal.

Meditate every day :)

4. sebwallace

sebwallace Member

Image streaming

I agree with Pan and Edwin. Meditation is a state to focus upon the things you wish to experience. If you want to experience vivid images in your mind then there is a great technique called image streaming. I have used it and the clarity of images are great and the spontaneous imagination is awe.

Astral projection in itself is still a mystery for me but it is more of a kinesthetic sensation for me rather than a visual. It is strange because for me it feels as if the image I try to imagine while being out of my body have gravity. Very odd sensation.

Keep practicing and you'll see what everybody is talking about.

Seb