1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Other Meditation Techniques

Discussion in 'Your Suggestions' started by Tiger_Tiger, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Tiger_Tiger

Tiger_Tiger Member

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Tiger Tiger

Hi T_T,
    How are you? What have you tried up to now? On Discover meditation there is a gratitude exercise you can do after meditating and with eyes still closed. The music which plays is so nice to do this to. Although it sounds simple it is extremely powerful. Happiness and joy to you :) :) :)

3. susi_gal

susi_gal Member

I practice Reiki. It is not bad, but self-healing has limit to how good you feel, and you cannot always share Reiki with other Reiki healers (meaning that you do the Reiki session to each other.)

I highly recommend Yoga. There are multiple ones, but I recommend Yoga that focuses on lying down and relaxing after every pose. It feels very good! It feels like how you feel after a good meditation session.

4. stephen1313

stephen1313 Member

Hi Susi_gal,
    I feel like a "kid in a candy store" at the moment, I've been trying a variety of techniques and have have enjoyment from them all, however some days ago I came across "Kundalini" using tapes by Kelly Howell. I think I have found my technique. I recommend it to all who want to feel part of the whole.

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

I personally don't know that much about Kundalini, but I think you need to read at least this:

Kundalini and the Awakening of Spirit

I would recommend that you find a group of people or a teacher that can guide you. I personally think that experimenting with this type of raising of awareness without guidance can be a risk for you.
    Recently there has even been found a link between people who had have had sudden release of Kundalini energy and people who suffered Bipolar syndrome.

If you want to continue Kundalini I wish you a peacefull transition and an enlightened life ! :)

6. stephen1313

stephen1313 Member

Hi Edwin, thanks for your answer. Strangely enough I had been feeling somewhat depressed prior to trying the Kundalini approach. I put this down to "opening up my bag of worms" and not liking what I found :confused: However I have been studying Kabbalah for a few years now and the Kundalini approach (with Kellys Howell's instruction) seem to balance with everything I believe in and I feel a lot more at ease with myself than I have felt for a long time. However, I will listen to your advice and keep a very close watch on myself.

7. Edwin

Edwin Member

Great ! Mind you, I don't want to sound negative about Kundalini, and the idea of "activating" a very strong spiritual force inside the body appeals to me a great deal. The only negative side I have read about is when people awaken this power too soon/fast, and don't get proper help.

I also read that in the US alone around 700 people a YEAR have spontanious awakings of this power, either caused by a trauma or out of nothing.

So I guess the risk is always there for everybody.
    I will dig into the matter a bit more, to see if I can find more information about it. Please tell us how you like Kundalini every now and then, it interests me greatly !