1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Option to PM members?

Discussion in 'Having Problems?' started by istigkeit, Aug 26, 2009.

1. istigkeit

istigkeit Member

This is a repost from "Your Suggestions" as it doesn't seem to be getting any love over there, and I think I should have actually posted here in the first place. Apologies for the double post, please could a mod delete as necessary.

Fairly off-topic question, but I've just realised that this forum doesn't seem to have the facility to send direct personal messages to other members. Am I missing something here?

Is there a reason this is not included? If not, I think it would be a useful addition.

2. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown Member

I am with you on this one -I think it would be a useful addition, without any privacy implications, given no email addresses / personal details would need to be shared.

I don't know, though, if this is a technical limitation of the forum, or if this has been intentionally discarded for some reason.

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

It won't be a technical limitation. vBulletin supports PM's. It's obviously an administration decision to disable it.

The forum I moderate on is also vBulletin and we have PM's disabled for new members only until they have been a member for a period of time and made N satisfactory posts (approved by the moderators) at which point these limitations automatically lift. If anyone abuses the PM system we soon know about it, cos the members will happilly tell us and we can deal with the "offender" as necessary.

It may be something Michael and the team can implement here too?

4. Tech Support

Tech Support Administrator

Hi all,

Yes it has been disabled deliberately, we did not want any spam issues to our members.

However, Giles you make a good point about lifting it after a certain amount of time and posts etc.

I will put your suggestion forward.

Thanks for the input as always.

Grant
    Tech Support

5. istigkeit

istigkeit Member

Thanks for looking into this guys. Be sure to let us know (by PM? ;)) how you get on.