Optimal Learning

Discussion in 'Project Meditation - Success Stories' started by oldrobotsneverrust, Mar 19, 2009.

1. oldrobotsneverrust

oldrobotsneverrust Member

I do fact checking as a side job. For those not familiar with fact checking, basically I read a manuscript for a book to be printed (most often trivia or bathroom tomes of useless facts), pick apart every single sentence to find things that could possibly be factually incorrect. Like for example (from wikipedia):

"Albert Einstein received the 1921 Nobel Prize in Physics "for his services to Theoretical Physics, and especially for his discovery of the law of the photoelectric effect."

I would have to verify the following facts on 2+ credible websites.
    1. That his name is spelled correctly.
    2. That he did, in fact, receive a Nobel Prize.
    3. That he received it in 1921 and for specifically Physics.
    4. That this quote exists in this exact form and that it pertains to Albert Einstein's receiving the Nobel Prize in 1921 for Physics.

So, as you can imagine, it gets extremely boring and tedious. However, lately I have been listening to the Optimal Learning track while I do it. I have honestly found myself enraptured by these seemingly useless facts. I have often lost myself deep in it, realizing an hour later that I have completed a good four pages!

It might also be the new peaceful, less-stress mentality I'm leaning towards after starting Life-Flow. Or even the gracious lifestyle I'm striving for after my second week of performing the gratitude exercise and reading the inspiring posts by pollyanna and the crew.

But most likely, its all of these things and more.

Keep up the great work! I'm loving how I feel.

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Wonderful news!!

Thankyou so much for this post - I hope it inspires all new people to take advantage of all that is available here.

You are totally correct - Optimal Learning and the gratitude exercise are wonderful additions to LifeFlow and they need take no extra time either.

I'm really happy that you love how you are feeling and I wish you an abundance of joy and peace on your continuing journey of self discovery :) :) :)

3. Sweet_Iza

Sweet_Iza Member

Thank you for posting this one. It's very nice. As I've said, posts like this are truly inspiring.

4. rnagulapally

rnagulapally New Member

Really gud one.

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator