1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Offtopic: tears to my eyes

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Edwin, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Edwin

Edwin Member

For those who have been living under a rock the past week:

YouTube - Susan Boyle - Singer - Britains Got Talent 2009 (With Lyrics)

No this movie is not about meditation.

it is about a diamond in the rough, being dumbstruck by the beauty inside people, about how wonderfull it is to meet God inside the other and realise that God is also a part of you... I could go on like this, but I do know that I haven't been able to keep my eyes dry, or keep from choking up every time I heard her.

2. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Edwin I just saw that video on You Tube hours ago and showed my wive as soon as she got home from work!

My eyes were wet first time and later as well as Susan blew the rather initially cruel crowd away.....:) :):):).

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  3. harijan

harijan Member

Encore!!! Just love it.

YES Susan did it for me too. What a talent and an amazingly beautiful soul.
    Lovely to see beauty out shine prejudice and preconceived ideas.

Funny how when the tears start to well up I try to resist ( I need to look in to this, any ideas?) but in the end I have to let them flow which is a sort of natural release. I'm not even sure why or how come I become so emotional.
    The same while watching movies, my lovely lady will hand me a small towel when the sad or gut-wrenching scenes start cos she knows I'll soon be a mess. This is like a standing joke between us, but then the laughter turns to tears.Now I always try to block these tears and these emotions, try to hide them ( might be a blokey thing). These tears are just a responce triggered by scenes in a movie, but then I guess life is like scenes in a movie without a screen:confused::confused::confused:

Must just be my ego identifying or empathizing or is it my pain body surfacing???

Thanks for the link.
    Have a nice day.
    Hari.:):):)

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

This is stunning. Thinking logical about it, its the suprising moment and the eyes of the audience that brings us goosefleshes, not only the voice i´d say.

I think she won because people dont reflect their own ego in her, because she is no competitor to their own shallowness. So we can enjoy her talent without any disturbing feelings or thoughts. Like when childs sing.

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

Heh, I never had this before, but since about 2 years I can't even keep my eyes dry with Disney animation ( like "the Hunchback or the Notre Dame", in the end where that little girl walks forward and takes Quasimodo's face in her hands *sob* ).

I tried to resist it at first just like you, but just letting it go is not only very liberating, but feels much better as well ! So now I just don't care what people might think. I once saw a small sign above a door saying " Do whatever you want, people will talk anyway " and I live by that now I guess :p

I had the same thing with Paul Potts last year btw, made me choke up every time.

I agree with you guys about the ego/painbody, but try to not go too deep into it. I noticed that not focusing on the painbody makes me a lot happier, and letting go of it is a lot easyer without the effort.

What struck me deepest with Susan is that you suddenly see her transform with the first notes she sings.
    She was a somewhat peculiar yet amusing woman, no looker with her conservative haircut and dress, a bit cheeky, and then she starts to sing, and suddenly you see a wonderfully beautifull woman, because she uses the talent she has been born with so beautifully ! You can see her shine all of the sudden, and realise the potential that us people have that we might not know about.

6. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Well said................:)

7. GilesC

GilesC Member

LOL! You guys sound like you need to go on one of Patrick Zeigler's All-Love workshops. If you want to let the tears out, that's certainly the best place to do it I've ever found.

I have to say though, I'd heard colleagues at work talking about this lady's performance, and I hadn't seen it till now. Wow! She deserves to sing for a living, she really does. And shame on all those people who were sniggering at her before she started.

Good luck to her I say.

;)

Giles

8. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Well said Edwin. Susan and Paul both blew me away too for all the above reasons. And so did this ... pure beauty - and from a fifth grade girl!

YouTube - ILSILENZIOA RIEU

I think it's good to allow ourselves to be moved. It happens a lot at a certain point when I connect in meditation. If everyone opened their hearts, what a lovely world this would be.

Bhavya

9. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Edwin, couldn't agree with you more when you state:-

"You can see her shine all of a sudden, and realise the potential that us people have that we might not know about."

When we witness something so beautiful, I think that something which is waiting to be released within each of us cries out and celebrates the achievement in another.

And yes, there are wonderful lessons and principles in the Disney films and some others also.

My favourites are "The little princess" "The little Mermaid" and "The Railway Children" Probably because they all involve their beloved daddy's :)

Thanks Bhavya. I'll watch the video when I have sound back on my computer.

I am enjoying some wonderful company at the moment (they are staying with us for 10 days) so will not be as active on the community. Peace and joy to all :) :) :)

10. Edwin

Edwin Member

Yep :) this girl is very talented !
    She lives about 60 km away from me.

My dad made a very good live tape when Rieu performed in Maastricht-the Netherlands, and she added him to her live-id of the Dutch version of facebook. She also sings very beautifully btw.

11. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Isn't it remarkable how we are born with certain talents and not others. You called it potential, Edwin, but sometimes we come in with something that's already a full-blown gift. Like Mozart. (One of the arguments for belief in reincarnation is that we've done some of this before.)

The challenge is to learn what our own gifts are and then use them to help ourselves and others. For example you, Edwin, obviously have a real gift with people. You're very warmhearted and generous. Have you always been that way or did you develop that as you went along? Whatever the answer, it's very much appreciated. And you too Pollyanna - what a great name to describe your optimism and perseverance.

There are so many good people here and I wonder what happened to many of you who no longer post....Where are you all???? It would be interesting to hear from those who still meditate with LF and are still finding it helpful!

Bhavya

12. Panthau

Panthau Member

Just came across this video, and im stunned. Thats exactly what
    Bhavya was talking about...some people have such a clear indication and
    path in their life, as if it was totaly planned. Im a bit jealous!

YouTube - BEST American Idol Performance ever!

Last edited: May 16, 2009