1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Observing the Mantra

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Ouroboros, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Anglepen

Anglepen Member

Thank you Edwin, very informative.

In response to you first question I was indeed using headphones, I mainly use a very good quality pair of Sennheiser phones that have great abilities to cancel out the outside chatter via the foam earpieces, but last night I was using my Shure earbuds for my ipod as it was an impromptu session I hadn't planned (could this have helped? not planning the session?)

I am happy to not use a mantra but after last nights use of my Buddhist chant I think I'll try it again.

Thanks Edwin

Kev

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

:)

I think indeed that the nice meditation is more likely to have occurred from not planning the session than from the Isochronic tones.

The best way to go into meditation is unprepared, as you probably won't expect anything from the session when doing that. Expectations are not helpful in meditation.

Oh, if you do want to try out the Isochronic tones ( and I recommend this ) try to do one session a day with your headphone, and one on open speakers.
    If you think this will take too much of your time, you can shorten the sessions ( for example, instead of one session of 40 minutes, try 2 sessions of 20, one in the morning, and one at night ).

When I started with LifeFlow I only listened through headphones, and only when I reached LifeFlow 7 did I try over speakers... I still look back at that meditation session as one of my better sessions