1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Nube question

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by teachmemrmcd, Mar 5, 2014.

1. teachmemrmcd

teachmemrmcd New Member

Hey all,

Hope the meditation is going well. Have a couple of new to meditation questions.

My first and foremost question is about what happens when I meditate. I notice that after some time my mind enters a state very similar to when I am about to fall asleep. I have only actually fell asleep once, but is this state normal? I am a bit worried that I am not meditating correctly. Is this the case, or is this a normal state.

Second question - I thought about meditating on a candle flame, or with half open eyes to remedy the above mentioned experiences. I was hoping to hear from others on advice, or experiences with candle/ open eyed meditations.

Thanks again, and excited to see where meditation takes me.

Matt :p

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Matt and welcome to the community :)

you certainly have many benefits to experience through the regular practice of a little daily meditation and I look forward to hearing how you progress.

Here's a link to some great advice that will be of immense help to you:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...nciples-meditation-entrainment.html#post12298

It may be a little long, still it's well worth the read. Hope this helps and wish you much peace and joy on your journey of self discovery :) :) :)