1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by kfarnan, Dec 7, 2014.

1. kfarnan

kfarnan Member

I recently found LF10. I am not new to meditation. I used holosynch briefly many years ago, but didn't continue with it. It seemed unnatural.

I'm enjoying LF10. It seems to work well. My question is about the frequencies. If the brain is entrained at say alpha. How can one have any real natural progress to deeper frequencies? It seems unnatural to force the brain to remain at a frequency artificially. If one is able to meditate quite well without any tech. Would the tech be a hindrance rather than a benefit?

thank you.

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi kfarnan and welcome to the community :)

here's a piece I have copied for you from a really helpful thread and a couple of other links to some great information that will help you...

Our brainwave states are natural. Guiding the brain into those states intentionally by using entrainment is just another way of experiencing those same natural states. Nothing “unnatural” is produced by the brain as a result of using entrainment. The only thing that is different is that when using entrainment we often go into the experience with either general expectations, or a well defined laundry list of specific expectations that we associate with entrainment. We have no such list going throughout our normal day when we’re not using entrainment.

Other than that the experience of those brainwave states is no different. Once we achieve a particular brainwave state using entrainment there is one significant difference to the experience and that is that we are usually still at a high level of consciousness. We’re not (hopefully) zoned out as we are when daydreaming or unconscious as we are when we’re sleeping. We maintain awareness and therefore we get to consciously experience what those brainwave states feel like in some detail. to read more please click on the link below...

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...nciples-meditation-entrainment.html#post12306

The more proficient you become at entering a state of meditation, the more rapidly you reach your target state, with or without the entrainment aid of LifeFlow. When this is the case what the entrainment track does in addition to setting up the initial condition that allowed you to go into Alpha, is to help you remain in Alpha more consistently and for longer periods than you otherwise might.

For example, it rarely takes me more than a few moments to enter into a meditative state without assistance from LifeFlow, but I use the tracks anyway because they help "stabilize" my meditation at the level I choose.

http://www.project-meditation.org/c.../1437-experiences-lf-9-lf-1-a-2.html#post7113

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...ct-meditation/22-brainwave-states.html#post38

Hope this helps and wish you an abundance of peace and joy :) :) :)