1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Manifest, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Manifest

Manifest Member

I have tied meditation in the past but without great success. I have just used Lifeflow-10 for the second time but felt I needed to stop half way through.

I had and still have a feeling of weight and pressure on my chest and a feeling approaching nausea. I felt uncomfortable and decided to stop. Twenty minutes later I still feel much the same.

Is this a common reaction? Is it likely to continue?

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Manifest and welcome to the community :)

Please can you tell me what meditation technique you are using with LifeFlow? If it's a breathing technique, this may be the cause of your feeling.

Any kind of meditation allows repressed emotions to surface, giving you the opportunity to let them go. Whenever you feel any discomfort in meditation, it usually means that you are resisting and it is the resistance itself that causes the discomfort.

The solution to resisting is to simply and unemotionally observe the sensation with unattached curiosity. Accept the sensation and just observe it with great curiosity and indifference. When you consciously and calmly observe anything that does not serve you well it will simply fritter away.

You could also begin with just 15 minutes of LifeFlow initially and see how you feel without headphones too. Here is a link to some great advice. It is rather long but well worth the read:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...nciples-meditation-entrainment.html#post12298

Hope this helps. Until you reply back I wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

3. Manifest

Manifest Member

Newbie Discomfort

Thanks for your prompt and helpful response Pollyanna. And thanks for the link.

I am using a breathing technique and whilst I had a similar reaction in my next session it was milder, so I am less concerned.