1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by W01F, Sep 29, 2009.

1. W01F

W01F Member

Hey found this website today after looking into Holosync yesterday and this site seemed like it would be more beneficial as I have been suffering from alot of anxiety and panic attacks recently so fingers crossed this will work to ease some of that!

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi W01F and welcome to the Project Meditation community.

You'll find plenty of support on this site and if you have any questions, please do ask.

Hugs

Giles

3. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Welcome to PM W01F!

There are many past posts on this forum that may be of interest to you. Check it out and don't be afraid to ask any questions. Real cool people on this forum.

shine on :) :)

jim

4. W01F

W01F Member

Thanks for the warm welcome I did have a question if anyone could help, currently I am taking some anxiety pills (calms) they are non-prescription and in the guide to meditation it said you need a clear head before meditating so should I stop taking the pills or is it ok to proceed whilst still taking them?

5. GilesC

GilesC Member

Well, nobody can really tell you what to do.
    Is it "Kalms" you are referring to? They are just natural sleep/relaxation tablets if I recall correctly.

Yes, it's best if you can have a clear head whilst meditating, but that refers more, I believe, to avoiding stimulants (coffee, tea etc.), drugs (the non-prescription kind) and alcohol. If you're taking natural supplements/remedies to help you relax then I can only see that the worst that will happen is you'll fall asleep whilst meditating. ;)

Hugs

Giles

6. W01F

W01F Member

Yeh I was taking Kalms ive decided to stop taking them anyway they only seem to mask the anxiety and would probably not really help me in the long run. Started using subliminal message cds as well previous not sure if they are helping or not has anyone else had any luck with them or do u reckon too much information will overload my brain :p

7. Edwin

Edwin Member

Just stick to the "fast track to meditation" offered on this website, and try meditating for 2 weeks.

I bet it works better than Kalm.

8. W01F

W01F Member

My experience so far...

first couple of times i meditated using the lifeflow 10 i could really feel it at work on my brain and it was quite painful but as i have read that is the brain resisting so just went with it and i do seem to feel better afterwards but not really had any wave of hapiness endorphins.

Last night however was quite disturbing because i was repeating my mantra "I am free" and about halfway through the meditation i couldn't say the word free instead i was saying thee and the more and more i tried to say it the harder it got to the point it broke my meditation.

Anyone else experienced this should i change my mantra?